Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

hafrogman

Adventurer
I sure hope we have some healing beyond that...
Well, to be fair, we were warned.
I should point-out something to my players: This is a Paragon Level Adventure, and Paragon characters are generally thought of as being better-rounded than lower level heroes, and able to meet challenges of widely divergent sorts. If the PCs are 'one-trick ponies' they'd better da** sure know the right tricks!
If we put together a healing light group, well then we have nobody but ourselves to blame.
I doubt it. Sariel is our only leader. At best some daily heals from MC is all I would expect.
Eh, between MC, themes and skill powers we probably could have eked out a little more. We'll just have to be careful in combat, focus fire, think smart and make good use of second winds and out of combat healing.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Well, to be fair, we were warned.If we put together a healing light group, well then we have nobody but ourselves to blame.

Our group dynamic is different. We have 1 leader, 2 defenders, and 4 strikers. (I'm counting Baramos as both a defender and striker.) Our leader can use at least one of our strikers as a weapon, so we really have 4+. We should be trying to kill stuff quick and not worry about healing so much. We all have second wind if we are desperate and remember that at paragon, triggering someone else's second wind is nearly trivial.

Eh, between MC, themes and skill powers we probably could have eked out a little more. We'll just have to be careful in combat, focus fire, think smart and make good use of second winds and out of combat healing.

I could check to see if there is something I could swap out, but to be fair, I'm built as a defender/striker with half my powers going into each bucket and Skill powers are a pain to get for hybrids since I have to have at least one utility from each class at a point where I only have 3 utilities plus my PP utility. You can't be well rounded to the point of functioning in all 4 roles two is about all you can reliably manage.

That said I get +1 to attack while bloodied from my race and resist 4 all from my theme, so don't be too quick to heal Baramos when he first becomes bloodied.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Looks like the best I could do is get a once per encounter self heal that is a reaction to being bloodied. It would heal only my surge value with no bonus and I would have to give up Wrath of the Gods to get it.

drothgery

First Post
Looks like the best I could do is get a once per encounter self heal that is a reaction to being bloodied. It would heal only my surge value with no bonus and I would have to give up Wrath of the Gods to get it.
I could swap some of Sariel's utility powers for healing powers, but except for the level 10 ones, they're not as good as Inspiring Word so she'd need to be down to her fourth healing power use for the encounter before she'd break them out.

Son of Meepo

First Post
I could swap some of Sariel's utility powers for healing powers, but except for the level 10 ones, they're not as good as Inspiring Word so she'd need to be down to her fourth healing power use for the encounter before she'd break them out.

I think you're better as a striker-enabler.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Another question for our DMs. Do you want us to create a script for our immediate actions or do you want us to post immediates after you post the monster actions and then retcon the results?

Leif

Adventurer
Do we have a healer besides Sariel? If not that's ok. I've been kinda wanting to run a party without a healer ever since 4E came out to test whether everyone's healing surges will be enough to fill that need. Seems like they should be more than enough.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Do we have a healer besides Sariel? If not that's ok. I've been kinda wanting to run a party without a healer ever since 4E came out to test whether everyone's healing surges will be enough to fill that need. Seems like they should be more than enough.

The issue isn't the number of surges, but rather the ability to activate them during combat. Everyone has a Second Wind, but then you need other healing powers to use more than 1 surge during an encounter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases