Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

Just to chime in on the healing issue, Tyrus was built to be pretty much self-sufficient. He has a few ways to generate THP, and is going to be fairly durable anyway - which is good, considering his abysmal
defenses.

Looking forward to our adventure.

Scotley

Hero
Sorry I have been MIA for the last week or so. I'm trying to get caught up now. Real Life has a habit of sneaking up and kidnapping me. That's why I signed on as an assistant DM rather than a more prominent role.

We haven't had a chance to discuss house rules, but we might institute a few minor things to facilitate play by post. No major stuff.

Leif

Adventurer
Some variation on Mal's rules for combat and the like?
2, 3, and 4 are pretty standard for us to use. 1 is not. We figure that if you can't be bothered to roll initiative for your character, he/she must not want to act very bad. Scotley and I have another campaign going where the first round of combat is almost over and one PC hasn't yet rolled initiative. If he rolls now, and gets a result higher than those currently acting, I'm not sure what we'll do -- either lower his init. for this round and let him act in the order where he posts, or [and Scotley I may want to do this because he's I'm such a hard-a$$] make him wait until that count comes around again, thus forfeiting his first round action.
Sorry I have been MIA for the last week or so. I'm trying to get caught up now. Real Life has a habit of sneaking up and kidnapping me. That's why I signed on as an assistant DM rather than a more prominent role.

We haven't had a chance to discuss house rules, but we might institute a few minor things to facilitate play by post. No major stuff.
And don't forget, we're also discussing some other house rules just to make things more fun even if they don't have all that much to do with facilitating PbP!

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
So...

What do you think, Scotley? Have we totally bitten off more than we have any hope of chewing?

Or do we have a reasonable chance of perhaps pulling this off?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, assuming we are ultimately able to get this game up and running which may not be a foregone conclusion at this point, it should be understood from the very beginning that this will only be a single adventure.

And about DMs rolling init for PCs, I suppose that wouldn't be as totally dice-hogging as it first seemed to me because it is just a single die roll. But the roll would have to be modified for each PC for Dex, Improved Initiative, etc., which seems like it would be an awful lot of extra bookkeeping for the poor, yeoman-like DMs, who already have to keep up with all the monsters and other NPCs. :-S

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
And about DMs rolling init for PCs, I suppose that wouldn't be as totally dice-hogging as it first seemed to me because it is just a single die roll. But the roll would have to be modified for each PC for Dex, Improved Initiative, etc., which seems like it would be an awful lot of extra bookkeeping for the poor, yeoman-like DMs, who already have to keep up with all the monsters and other NPCs. :-S
FWIW, it wouldn't be an absurd simplification, given the makeup of this party, to just say the PCs always go first unless for some reason Sariel's split away from the party. Barring a tricked-out high-initiative monster or the monsters rolling very well while the PCs roll very poorly, the PCs are going to go first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases