"Meanwhile In The News"

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Over in the subscribers area, I've uploaded something I made - a crapload of newspaper clippings to hand out to players. I figured everyone else might be able to use them. You'll find them here.

I put them there so people downloading the adventures would definitely see them, but they're nothing exclusive; I'll upload them here when I get some time - later today or maybe tomorrow. Just a little freebie since I had a spare half-hour.

I made them using this site, so please feel free to make your own and share them for everyone to use!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A couple of extras I just whipped up which aren't in the package. These are for after The Dying Skyseer.

Attachments

• macbannin.jpg
    macbannin.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 104
  • skyseer.jpg
    skyseer.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 88

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And this one's for after Digging For Lies. Note that The Flint Tribune gets a lot of details wrong in this one, as the newspaper doesn't know what actually happened.

Attachments

• monsters_saxby.jpg
    monsters_saxby.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 78

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And this one can be handed out right at the beginning of Digging For Lies.

Attachments

• expo.jpg
    expo.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 80

Falkus

Explorer
They're nifty, and I'm going to be copying them; but I personally prefer the whole newspaper format that you did for the second adventure, rather than separate articles; and I'm currently working on one for Digging for Lies. My players got a real kick out of reading it.

Truename

First Post
So anyone looked at these? Is it something I should continue doing?

I'm still on WotBS and I don't know if we'll get to Zeitgeist (though it sounds awesome), but I love this sort of thing. If we pick up Z then I know I'll be printing it out.

I'll also second Falkus' preference for the whole paper rather than individual articles.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Slave drivers! The whole paper was too much like hard work; this is much easier for me to do.

ve4grm

First Post
These are awesome, and I honestly prefer them to the whole-paper format. Clippings and headlines are both easier for you, and still very effective at getting things across.

Please continue!

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
They are quite awesome! I'll likely be using the website to write some personalised ones for my group as we proceed into Digging for Lies. My game's on hiatus for a while as I settle into my new job and get my DM mojo back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases