Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

ThirdWizard

First Post
A few seconds after you hear the sound of the doorbell, the music playing inside quiets. A few seconds after that the door opens a bit, and you can see a chain latch stretch across the tiny gap. A sliver of a woman's face is visible from the other side, her dark eyes looking you up and down. You hear a short gasp, then the door slams shut. Just as the two of you are expecting this to be a very short visit, the door swings open to reveal a very shapley tanned woman wearing a lacey bodice and long skirt, both of bright blues and greens. Her head is wrapped in a blue cloth from which long brown curls unfurl to drape over her shoulders. The ensamble is completed with four inch heel black boots. She's only smiling slightly, but her eyes are twinkling.

"I'll be! It's Logan!"

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“Looks like you are no stranger to this woman, Logan,” Keira says to the big fella.

Then she turns back to the woman in the door: “Hi! I hope we do not disturb you. We would like to talk, if you can spare a moment?”

Shayuri

First Post
While Malcolm checks the window, Juno narrows her eyes. Nice neighborhood. Neighbors next door. No fences or bars on the windows. Locks in a place like this were probably not taken too seriously.

She nudges at the faded, weathered old welcome mat with her toe until she gets it peeled back a bit, then kicks it over. When that reveals nothing, she feels the top of the doorjamb, and peers at the rocks in the ground just in front of the patio to see if one is a fake plastic keyholder rock.

(Declaration: One is a fake plastic keyholder rock. :) Using Investigation.)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan's eyebrow raises sharply as the woman identifies him by name. "Uh, yeah," he responds, ever so eloquently. "I'm going to guess Sandra mentioned me..."

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
Her face turns a little bit red, but she doesn't break eye contact with the two of you. "You look just like she described. She's always talking about her family, and I was wondering when I would get to meet any of you." She nods to herself. She doesn't have much of an accent, or perhaps its just that she sounds like she's lived a little bit of everywhere. It's hard to nail down which. "You aren't disturbing me at all. I just got off work and was winding down. I still haven't changed, so give me a few minutes. Come-" Then she stops and bites her upper lip hesitantly. "Would the two of you be offended if I didn't invite you in? You can never be sure if people are who you think they are, after all, and better safe than sorry, Sandra says." She steps back, giving the two of you room to enter if you wish, but doing so will require you to step across the threshold without an invitation.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Understandable," Logan says with a nod. He steps over the threshold with a slight wince and frown as he feels the resistance and minor drain on him. "I take it Sandra explained some of the more... unusual things in life to you," the big man says casually. He takes a quick glance around the interior of the place as he stands facing the young woman. "Oh, and your name would be...?"

Thanee

First Post
Keira

Keira continues to talk to the woman to gain her trust.

“You have nothing to worry from us, we are friends. I would much prefer an invitation, because ‘breaking in’ is a quite unsettling experience. It just feels wrong.”

OOC: Using Rapport (d6: 1-2 = - / 5-6 = +) to convince her of our motives. Edit: Total result would be +3 (next time I will use the actual Fate dice).

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom casually looked at each one of the windows, looking for a possible way in without much luck. It was unlikely that she had left any windows open, the few nights before she had left had been cold and apparently there were prowlers around this neighborhood as of about two minutes ago.

Malcom glanced back at Juno, cracking a mischevious smile as he took her in. Juno looked so out of place in the yard, police officers were rarely trained in being subtle and Juno seemed more out of place then usual breaking into someone's house.

Malcom turned to walk back towards her when he noticed one of the second floor windows was open just a crack. He quickly moved to the side of the house and grabbed the trashcan, dragging it under the window. His smile widened as he balanced himself on the can gave the window a little yank and with a creak began to open.

"Hey mate, I think I found something."

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
The woman lightly touches her forehead. "Sorry sorry. I'm Mara." She scrunches her face a bit in thought, then nods. "I guess there isn't much of a chance of mistaken identity..." She takes a deep breath. "Okay, well, Sandra would lay into me, but come in come in, both of you. And have a seat." She motions to the couch, a cushy flowery thing pushed against the adjoining wall.

The living room looks big for the home, probably taking up half of her total square footage all by itself. All the furniture is pushed to the walls, leaving a large open space in the center. She has no television, no computer, and her phone is an old rotary style beast. On the walls are colorful paintings of open landscapes and far away cities.

She goes into the kitchen, an open concept more by necessity than style, and calls back "Sandra's been taking me under her wing a bit. We share a certain knack if you understand me, although she is like an Einstein to my somebody you've never heard of." She emerges with a brass tray with an old fashion porcelain tea set and Ritz crackers still in the package sitting on it. "I was just about to have a snack if you would like something. I don't have much I'm afraid."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno felt more than a little awkward there in the yard. It wasn't the first time her 'jobs' had conflicting imperatives, but it never got easier. She had to break into the house to help someone, but she was paid to protect people from having them break into their houses. She knew this was the lesser evil in this case, but it still rankled.

Even so, the key helped. At least they wouldn't be wriggling in through a window, or breaking glass.

She scooped up the fake rock, twisted it open, and fished out the key.

"Me too. What've you got?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases