Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

ThirdWizard

First Post
YbhlT.jpg

This is the In Character (IC) thread for the Dresden Files RPG "Burned Circle" taking place in the city of Atlanta.

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
Chapter 1

Most people avoid changelings. It's not that they're bad people, usually, its just that they're dangerous. Physically, sure. Magically, sometimes. But, when you deal with changelings, you're dealing with faeries, and that is where the true danger comes from. They're half faerie, and anyone who's clued in on the supernatural world knows to stay away from faeries whenever possible and to never ever make a deal with one. But, changelings aren't half faerie because they want to be, and they get swept into the politics of their dangerous parentage without warning and without consent, oftentimes making them the victims of their own birthright. And, sometimes when these problems arise for one of their kind, others, changelings and human alike, jump into the fray with eyes wide open. That's where you come in.

You're in Sylvan Hills in a big house owned by the changeling Michelle, Logan's adoptive mother for lack of a better term. She's getting along in years, but she still somehow has the energy to care for those children nobody else wants. Several young changelings have been running around excitedly asking why so many people are visiting, but she's been subtly shoeing them away. Now you're finally alone in the living room sipping on tea as the woman tries to put her thoughts together. You know she asked you all here because of a missing girl, though she didn't want to talk about the particulars until everyone had arrived. Now that everyone is here, and the kids aren't within hearing distance, she seems apprehensive, sitting on a big easy chair and looking down at her hands in her lap.

Finally, she takes a deep breath and looks up at each of you. You can see the worry behind her eyes, a quiet helplessness that only a parent can have for their own child. "Thank you all for coming. I hope you're all well..." She looks down at her hands then back up again. "I'm worried about one of the young ladies who used to live her, a girl named Sandra. I think she may be in trouble, and I can't get in touch with her."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan is sitting on a plain three-legged stool he made a couple of years ago, drinking a bottle of root beer. "Sandra? And you're sure she isn't just keeping to herself, like usual? Nah, nah, I know," he says, raising a hand before his adopted mother can say what he knows is coming. "Mother's intuition."

He takes another drink from the soda bottle, making it look dainty in his massive hands. He looks at the other three people around the room -- the Warden, the shapeshifter, and the undead-fighting cop -- and gives them a half-hearted smile. "Shouldn't be too hard to find my little sister, right?"

Shayuri

First Post
Juno scratched her cheek, playing for time as she decided what to say. The fact was that Atlanta, like most major cities, had quite a few disappearances of kids in that age range...and most of the cases didn't have happy endings.

Instead of saying so, she pulled a little flip-book notepad from her back pocket and a pen as well.

"Few things to get out of the way," she said, "Information-wise. When's the last time you saw or spoke with Sandra, and where was she at that time? Also, we'll need her current address, or as near current as you can get."

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom leaned back into the couch he was resting on, listening to Michelle talk about the missing girl and the trouble that she must be in. He felt out of place in this house of changlings; his long leather coat and unshaven face looked completely out of place with its walls without even going into Malcom's occupation. Wizards were rarely a welcome sight to the faey touched, meaning this request must have been a desperate one.

His British accent was heavy as he spoke, "I assume she was touched, do you know by what kind of creature?"

ThirdWizard

First Post
Michelle nods. "Of course... I can tell you a little bit about her. She was left on the doorstep here about twenty years ago. We don't know exactly who her faerie parent was, but I've always suspected it was sidhe with the way she took to faerie magic, and because of her beauty." Her head moves side to side once. "She always had the attention of the young men... made me worry so much..." She looks up and blushes a bit, meeting everyone's eyes in turn. "I think of her, just like everyone who comes to live here, as my own, you know."

She looks at Juno. "And, I can tell you where she lives. She's a very private young lady, but she knows I'd worry myself to death about her if I didn't know where she was keeping herself. She lives in Kirkwood, on Deleno Drive right across from the Rec in a duplex. I've been there a few times." Her lips purse. "You can try calling her, too, but I haven't had any luck there. Her number is 404-891-2328."

Pausing, her eyes wander downward. You can hear the sound of children playing in the next room, of feet hitting the floor and some young body running into something - perhaps a desk or chair. It's quiet for a moment, then the sound of footfalls continues, amidst quiet laughter.

Looking at Logan she continues. "I wish it were just mother's intuition..." She sits up. "As you know, representatives of Summer and Winter show up every once in a while trying to... conscript... us. Sandra had many callers, both Summer, Winter, and even changelings. All trying to use her." Michelle frowns thinking about those unwelcome visitors. "Sandra was very popular due to her talents with magic. But, when she moved out, they stopped coming around, I would guess to show up at her place in Kirkwood."

She sighs and leans back again. "A Winter sylph, Settias, came by looking for her two days ago. She was wearing a glamor, but I knew who she was. Since then I've tried calling Sandra. When I couldn't get in touch with her, I asked local pixies if they had seen her in Kirkwood." She shakes her head. "She hasn't been home in days. Something is wrong."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno nodded to herself as she jotted down notes from Michelle's account, then circled something and looked up.

"I know this is hard," she said with some genuine empathy that softened the obviously-well-rehearsed nature of the words. "We'll do everything we can. You said she had the attention of young men...was there anyone she was seeing that you remember specifically? Especially around the time she disappeared?"

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom was not happy to hear that the young girl they were looking for had the gift of magic, that was going to turn this from a cake walk into a struggle. Many of the things that Malcom could do to follow her could be easily countered with enough fay magic.

To make matters worse, if Winter really was involved it was going to involve biting off quite a struggle if they needed to get her back. Michelle was nice, but that was a big bear to pick a fight with.

"Can you tell us where to find this sylph? Just in case we need to ask her some questions." Malcom kept the smile on his face despite his concern.

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“Sidhe...” Keira says, almost sighing. “My mother has warned me about them. For good reason. They rarely have good intentions.”

The young woman leans back in her chair, watching the others with her keen eyes.

“That young girl could be in deep trouble. We should find her soon.”

ThirdWizard

First Post
Michelle shakes her head at Juno's question. "Dear, she has never introduced me to a boyfriend the entire time she was living here, much less after she moved out. I'm afraid I can't really help you with anything about her friends." She thinks for a moment, then adds, "She's very friendly, however. You might check her neighbors."

"As for Settias..." She frowns. "The sylph wouldn't have a home the way you or I think of it. But, Winter isn't very strong here, and there are limited places she could cross back and forth without going through Summer territory. Most likely she would monitor or have a connection with those Ways. If you find one, it might attract her attention. I have the suspicion she's up to something. Poke around for a while and she might just find you. Faeries of her status don't come all the way out to this little place for no reason." Her eyes wander off and her look grows distant.

"I... I don't know what's going to happen to Sandra. I don't know why she's missing or what's going on here. I just feel so helpless. I encourage my children to stay out of the affairs of faeries if they can. I'm sorry I'm throwing this problem at you all."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases