Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Apologies to Malcolm's player, I'm just going to assume he does what Juno asks, so we can keep the scene moving)

Malcolm dials the numbers Juno gives him, then holds the phone up to her ear as she tries to keep on the ghouls' tail while also talking to dispatch.

"This is Reyes, Juno Reyes. Badge 275984. You've got a cruiser in pursuit of a black Cadillac sedan. I know, just listen a second. Be advised the driver and passengers of that car are armed and extremely dangerous. If they pull that car over, tell them NOT to approach. Keep them pinned inside until SWAT gets there. Got that? Don't try to apprehend them without SWAT support. Yeah, I'm the other car...yeah, that's me. Look, it's complicated, and I'm driving right now so I can't get into it. Just make damn sure no officers get close to that car, and for God's sake try to keep civilians clear too. They're heavily armed. Oh shi..."

She slammed the brakes on and twisted the wheel as a car pulling out of a parking lot didn't look beforehand, forcing her to try to get around it. There was no collision, but she lost speed. Immediately she waved the phone away and scanned the road ahead, trying to find that Caddy again to pick up the chase.

ThirdWizard

First Post
The ghouls' Cadillac careens down the suburban street, running a red light and coming within inches of T-boning an oncoming green Mazda. The hapless driver screeches to a halt getting slammed in its rear by a pickup. The Cadillac, slamming on its own breaks, starts fishtailing, almost slamming against another car waiting on the other side of the intersection. A quick rev of the engine, and the Cadillac makes a quick left and is accelerating down another road, leaving fender benders and anger in its wake.

The ghouls don't appear to be heading out of residential areas. In fact, they appear to be headed further into them. These roads are poorly lit, making it difficult to see what's coming, and high in population.

[sblock]
Round: 2
Keira: -1 this round, total +4
Juno: -1 this round, total +2
Ghouls: +1 this round, total 0
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Hell," Juno muttered as she accelerated after the ghoulcar, trying to make up for lost time. "They're going to kill someone."

"Malcolm...Logan...either of you, can you do anything about that car? Mess with their engine or do some kind of...God, I don't know, whatever you do...to blow their tires or stop the plugs from firing or something to end this now? We can't let them rampage around out here!"

Dragonwriter

First Post
"If he starts any magic in here, it will kill your car just as fast as theirs. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't want me leaning out the window and trying to shoot their tires. Too many civilians, too many chances for me to miss and injure a bystander." Logan rumbles. After a second, he adds, "A point I'd agree with, by the way."

Shayuri

First Post
"As long as it kills BOTH our cars, I'm fine with that," Juno replies hotly, tires screeching a little as she takes that corner a little too fast. "We have to stop them...and God no, don't start shooting. It's bad enough I'm doing this off-duty...if I have civilians shooting out of my car in a residential neighborhood they'll stick my badge on a spike out in front of the station."

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom had been trying to keep his cool throughout the entire encounter, riding in a modern car with a modern cell phone in his hand was not in a wizard's usual wheelhouse. His concentration lapsed for only a moment as the ghouls car smashed into another and started to head off in another direction.

They were headed right onto residential streets, where people would no longer be ready for speeding cars ripping down their streets. Ghouls had no value for lives beyond their own. The thought boiled in the back of his mind as Malcom listened to Juno desperately try to come up with a plan.

The cell phone's small battery began to flicker and die, the first sign that something was wrong.

ThirdWizard

First Post
As everyone involved barrels onto McLendon Avenue from College, the sound of sirens blare as a police car weaves through traffic to join the chase in earnest, lights flashing, following about half a block now behind Juno's car. This residential side street is just a few hundred feet from the large DeKalb Avenue, but you'd never know it with the thick layer of trees blocking its sound and light. There are no streetlamps here, and cars are parked down the road, forcing the chase to make a zig zag pattern through the area.

The ghouls don't appear too concerned by either the lack of light or the possible casualties they might inflict. The Cadillac weaves through the street, slamming against an old banged up silver minivan on one side and a nice looking truck on the other, not bothering to slow down as it hurls itself against anything that it can't easily avoid. The bright lights of an oncoming car quickly flash and the sound of brakes and metal screeching on metal crashes as an oncoming car quickly turns to the side, totaling itself on a freshly painted blue truck, the Cadillac barely making it through the narrowed path.

As the cars bore down the neighborhood, Juno's car sputters for a moment, coughing up a black pitch from its exhaust pipe as the engine rumbles grumpily before unceremoniously dying.

[sblock]
Round: 3
Keira: -1 this round, total +3
Juno: -2 this round, total +0
Ghouls: +2 this round, total +2

Map of Chase
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Keira certainly isn't the best driver in the world, but she constantly reminds herself, that she really isn't that bad.

However, between the hectic of the moment and her anxiety she simply doesn't have her bike under control as well as she would normally.

She is still going fast, but the ghoul car is going faster at the moment. Gritting her teeth, Keira tries to remain calm and keep her focus.

ThirdWizard

First Post
The Cadillac comes to a stop with squeal of tires and a twist of the wheels, black streaks in the road as it barrages through the gates of Oakland Cemetery, ramming its rear end into one of the brick columns that make up the wall surrounding the large complex of graves, mausoleums, and occasional gift shop. Coming to a screeching halt inside, the doors of the car fly open and ghouls jump out, eyes behind them. The ghoul in the passenger seat leaps over the body of the car, his injuries already almost healed, to join his companions, a blur disappearing into interior of the ancient burial grounds.

[sblock]
The end totals come out to:
Keira: +1 this round, total +4
Juno: -1 this round, total -1
Ghouls: +0 this round, total +2
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Keira arrives only shortly after the ghouls. Stopping her bike a bit more gracefully than they did with their car. As she jumps down to continue the pursuit on foot, she looks over her shoulder. Where are the others?

Engaging one ghoul was one thing, but three, with weapons, and who- or whatever else was here, might be a bit much.

Keira grabs her phone and sends a quick message to the others.

<< Oakland Cemetery >>

Then she slowly follows them, keeping in the shadows for now, intent of figuring out where they are headed at least, while she waits for the cavalry to arrive, or an opportunity to surprise them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases