Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

Shayuri

First Post
Juno gives Malcolm a wry look as he goes through the mail she just went through, but courteously doesn't mention anything about the 'nosiness' of wizards that he was so aptly demonstrating.

She gives Logan and Keira a nod. "I suggest Keira knocks with Logan keeping to one side. When they look out the peephole it's just her. Anyway...you know what you're doing. Sorry. Hard not to try to manage things like this sometimes."

With a sigh, Juno goes over to Malcolm. "Alright, lets check this place out. Same rules as before though...I'm not flashing my badge on this, and don't mention anything about me being a cop. This is off the books."

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“I'm pretty sure we can handle that. Let's give it a try!” Keira says.

The young woman then takes a look around to figure out where to start.

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom continued to check through the mail as Juno reminded him for the tenth time that she wasn't a cop of the supernatural world. He smiled as she finished, trying to add a bit of levity to the situation.

"Well I somehow doubt that screaming that your a police officer is going to help us on this one. This part of town, I think it would cause people to clam up, run, or shoot us."

"And if we run into this Fay she might decide to laugh at us, and neither of our egos needs that at the moment."

Malcom openned the small gate and held it open for Juno, "Ladies first, find it removes the criminal liability when I tell the officers that I was following a woman into traspassing."

ThirdWizard

First Post
The exterior of the other side of the duplex is much the same as Sandra's: vinyl siding, small old windows, and gutters overflowing with pine needles. The car parked in the driveway is a beat up old Yugo from the '90s, full of dents and missing paint in several places. The front porch is a slab of concrete with no canopy over the doorway, however there is a collection of wind chimes of various sizes and shapes all hanging from metal hooks attached to the side of the house, a menagerie of disparate images, and probably sounds, just waiting for a gust of wind to blow through.

In front of the doorstep is a circular mat of fake grass. There's an old crusted doorbell by the door, but also an elaborate door knocker in the shape of a nude woman. A peephole looks out at you as you approach, a pinpoint of light emanating from within. You can still hear the sounds of loud music coming from inside, a strange fusion of old and new.

==========================================

The back is fully enclosed by the chain link fence, extending around both attached homes, and full of pine trees. If there is any grass back there, you can't see it, the fallen pine needles covering the entirety of the yard. Luckily enough, the trees will keep anyone in the other houses from getting a clear view of you.

The two sides of the duplex aren't separated, and you can get a clear view of both sides. Sandra's side is minimally decorated with a single lawn chair and a small round table. By contrast, the opposite end has an entire patio set laid out on the ground complete with giant umbrella. There are also several lit tiki lanterns, and the back sliding glass door is wide open, loud music pouring out from within.

The back of Sandra's side also has its own sliding glass door, this one closed, although there's no curtain to block the view inside, and it appears to lead into a living room or den. There is also a dirty, and slightly cracked, window that looks like it leads into a bedroom and a thin door with scuff marks all over its base.

Shayuri

First Post
"Neighbors," Juno mutters as she peeks in the windows. "Complicates things. Wonder who owns the place though. They could let us in legit...assuming they're not involved."

She gives Sandra's humble little patio table a once-over for leads. Then she tries the expedient solution and just pulls on the sliding glass door to see if it's even locked.

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“Well, let's see if someone is inclined to talk to us here,” Keira mentions as she steps towards the door. Pressing the doorbell, she tries to hear the sound of it over the loud music. Then she waits for a moment, and if nothing happens, she tries the knocker as well.

Bluedevil

First Post
"Well a locked door is going to make things a bit more difficult. threshold could be significant so I worry about slinging magic at it. She seems nice, so I don't want to break her door." Malcom looked over the back of the house, checking the windows to see if anyone had left an opening that might allow access.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan stands a bit behind Keira and to the side. The looming half-ogre tries to look a bit less imposing, but the results are less than stellar. He just nods to Keira and waits to see if someone answers the door.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases