Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom paused after looking at the formula on the board for several moments. There was no evidence of violations of the laws in the room, but he couldn't help but shake the feeling that the evocation written here was an indication that she had tangled with something big and lost.

He pulled out the diary and scribbled the formula onto the back of the diary for future reference. He would need to figure out what she was attempting to do eventually.

"Hand writing is quick and she was hurried. Something got her scared and breaking her usual patterns." Malcom held his hand out to the wall of books, "Its pretty apparent that she wasn't an ordinary young woman and She had the ability to research countless spells, but she needed to do a quick and dirty spell."

Malcom turned back to Juno, "Which to me says she was in danger, needed to get someone off her or some sort of spell. Didn't have time to look through the library and had to wing it."

Mason walked towards the center of the room, looking at the circle to see if there were any minor breaks in its otherwise well crafted exterior. "She came back to her center of power, to the place she could harness the most power but why."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno pursed her lips and shook her head. You had to be careful with clues. They told stories in your head. After awhile, you were following the story instead of the evidence. It was hard to come back after that.

"Okay, lets hook up with the others and see what they found. We can come back if we need to. Good work."

She locked the door again behind her. Didn't feel right, leaving the place other than how they'd found it. As if the occupant might come strolling back in any time now, and wonder who'd been in her things.

From there back to the back door; she checked out the window before heading out though. Part habit, partly from sheer not knowing what this girl was into, who else was involved, and what they might do. Wizards made her nervy. Spirits and demons she could handle.

ThirdWizard

First Post
As Juno and Malcom walk toward the back door, they notice a shadowy but muscular figure standing just outside the doorway holding what appears to be a baseball bat firmly in his right hand. He is sans jersey, so one would assume he is not here to play ball. The sun is closer to setting than not, so the darkness makes it difficult to make out his features.

"Hey." He calls out, his voice low and rough, like that of a heavy smoker. As he calls out, he taps the bat against the glass doorway, not hard enough to break it but hard enough that you know he easily could. "I think we need to have a little talk. What're you guys doin' here?" He slings the bat over his shoulder and rolls his head back a little, awaiting your response.

OOC: Calling for some rolls. See the OOC thread.

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“Of course, Mara. It is obvious that she means a lot to you. We will stay in touch.”

Thinking about her last words for a second, Keira then adds:

“Do you have a phone number, where we can reach you? Might be better than just appearing on your doorstep, like tonight. We can give you ours, too, just in case something happens that we might need to know about, or where we could help out.”

ThirdWizard

First Post
"Of course." Mara nods and gets up, going over to a small table in the living room where she keeps Post-It notes and pens. She quickly jots down a number for you. "Here you go. Please call, okay? Even if you don't find anything, I don't want to be left just wondering."

Shayuri

First Post
Goosebumps pebbled Juno's arms as she looked over at the door that had nothing to do with the rush of panic that sped her heart. The atavistic response to being caught in someone else's territory. Fight or flight.

But no, there was something else at work here. The man's proportions were subtly off, and his features weren't just shadowy because of the backlighting. Juno sniffed; the stench of xibalba hung around him like a shroud.

"Yeah," she said with deceptive softness. Her knuckles cracked as she balled her fists tightly. "Lets talk."

She crossed to the door in three strides and threw it open, then immediately grabbed for his right arm and pivoted her hips to yank him in through the door while leaving a leg out to try to trip him on his way in!

(so basically, opening the door and attacking, though the aim of this attack is to get him inside and off the back porch so we can deal with him more private-like. :))

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom's accent flared up he saw Juno make for a run at the cloaked figure at the back door with a baseball bat. If he was a regular burglar, he would have not have been concerned with the trained police officer moving to engage in hand to hand with him.

Unfortunately, this was not your every day burglar, the movements of the man concealed his true nature: A ghoul.

Quickly everything he knew about ghouls flashed through Malcom's mind. Ghouls were incredibly strong and fast monsters who eat meat, often human. They can briefly pass for human without much effort, but that illusion vanished as they engaged in hand to hand.They have long claws and sharp teeth to tear into human flesh and usually involved close combat with anything short of a full wizard.

Malcom moved forward, his hand drifting down to his sword but not drawing it yet and instead shouting out, "Juno, he is going to be top heavy, watch the claws and the teeth."

ThirdWizard

First Post
"You-" the ghoul yells out in surprise as Juno grabs him. He wasn't expecting to be physically assaulted from the looks of it, but that was nothing comparatively. As he is dragged across the threshold, his eyes widen and his voice cuts out mid curse into a dull howl of anger and perhaps pain. Juno can feel the arm's flesh she's holding onto almost seem to bubble in her hands as the ghoul's seeming changes from man to monster.

His back grows more hunched and his hair begins to fall out. His eyes fell backwards in the sockets, muscles turn sinewy while razor sharp claws and sharper teeth drive their way onto his hands and mouth. With the transformation complete, he looks at Juno with gold eyes, a hateful expression you have rarely seen the likes of before.

Shayuri

First Post
She kicks the door shut behind her, never taking her eyes off the creature. Though her own face is far less fearsome, the anger and hate in her eyes is no less as she stares it down.

"That's better, isn't it?" she asks, almost growls. "Game faces on. Everything on the table. Now normally I'd start out by telling you to put down the bat and tell me why you're here and who hired you...but since I get the feeling I'll have to beat it out of you anyway, I'm just gonna skip straight to that step."

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom wanders forward as the ghoul is dragged into the building. His hand moved slowly down to the edge of his jacket, pushing his long leather coat aside and revealing the hilt of his warden's blade.

"If you recognize this blade, I recommend you comply with the officer."

Remove ads