Burned Circle - OOC Thread

Bluedevil

First Post
Bwahaha...he's not gonna use his sword?

Aw man...that's cold. Not having your partner's back!

(^_^)

Couple questions before I declarrrrreeee...

Would her Holy Touch power work on a ghoul? If so, does using it preclude an attack...that is, is it an action unto itself? And would being in the house mess it up?

More I figured you got this guy, I am going to find his friends.

Bluedevil

First Post
@Bluedevil
Keep in mind that any magic crossing over the threshold will be just as affected by it as if you were in there yourself. The penalty is 1 accuracy and 1 power to your spells for Sandra's threshold. All adjustments after the rolls are made.

Figured, Malcom is concerned that there are more badguys outside that might be showing up.

ThirdWizard

First Post
The ghoul himself will go first, so I'll go ahead and roll his attack. He's leaping toward Juno to try and rip into her with his claws. Juno should make an Athletics check to get out of the way.

Also, going to roll the ghoul's defense against Juno's attack.

Edit after roll: That was kind of pathetic on the ghoul's part as far as the defense roll went. He's going to take 6 + weapon stress. What was it, a handgun? Those are Weapon:1, so if that's the case, it would be 7 stress total, more than his entire stress track, which means he's going to have to take a consequence.

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
The ghoul himself will go first, so I'll go ahead and roll his attack. He's leaping toward Juno to try and rip into her with his claws. Juno should make an Athletics check to get out of the way.

Also, going to roll the ghoul's defense against Juno's attack.

On second thought.....Juno might be in trouble.....

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan is going to head outside, through the sliding glass door if possible. He'll take a look around out there for whatever was moving. If he sees nothing else, he'll look for entrance to Sandra's place to check out whatever shouted.

Figure for looking around, it would be an Awareness check, which I'll go ahead and roll now.

Shayuri

First Post
She's not shooting it unless things get bad. Discharging a firearm in a dwelling she's tresspassing in is not how to keep a low profile.

Rather, the roll I got 5 on was her attack with fists of fury.

Now her defense.

Oh crap Athletics! Went too fast. Okay, we can just sub in her Athletics bonus...which is unfortunately less than her Fists...but not TOO bad...one sec...

Okay yeah, it's only 1 less. So it's a 5, not a 6.

So as I read this, it means that it claws Juno a fair piece...but she slugs it's face pretty hardcore; largely because it completely, embarrassingly fails to defend itself. That about right? I can write that up. :)

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
I did not realize Juno's fists were so high! And I reviewed the character sheet recently and everything. Okay, then, yeah, you belt that ghoul a good one in that case. And you were right to roll Fists in defense, since the ghoul is rolling Fists as an attack. I just didn't realize it would be better than your Great Athletics ability.

So, the ghoul rolled a 7 for the attack, and normally has +4 for weapon, but the threshold reduced its supernatural strength so its +3 for now, for a total of 10. You decrease that by a whopping 6, so Juno takes "only" 4 stress from this attack. Juno has 4 stress boxes, so the highest stress box is now unavailable. You don't have to take a consequence.

Your fists attack was a 5, and the ghoul rolled a pathetic -1 (all -'s on the dice...) for a total of 6 stress dealt. Ghouls have 4 stress boxes so he takes a mild consequence to reduce that to 4 stress and fills in his 4th stress box. The ghoul becomes WINDED from a harsh strike to the chest. Next exchange, this can be tagged for free or invoked by using a FATE point. I suggest everyone review YS19 for ways to invoke aspects and gain bonuses.

Hold off on posting, though until we're more sure of everyone's actions for the exchange.

Ghoul: Physical Stress OOOX; mild consequence: WINDED

ThirdWizard

First Post
[MENTION=6694788]Bluedevil[/MENTION]
If you look at YS212 and 213 on zones, you'll note that you can go from one zone to another as a supplemental action at a -1 to your main action (so long as there is no border, which there is none here). Thus, you could move and still perform some action if you wanted to.

Shayuri

First Post
Juno's fists being high is a matter of both her own training, and some supernatural assistance. Basically, I wanted her to be strong as well as fast recovering, but couldn't get it all at first...so I had her 'strength' limited to fisticuffs for now. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases