Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
This is for any OOC discussion related to the now running DFRPG game!

Check out the Campaign Page and the wiki for some background on the game if you're interested. I've spent some time formatting all the information so it should be easy to sort through and use. I'm planning on adding some more basic city information that might prove useful, and as we go I'll try to keep it updated with current information as it develops in the game. It should hopefully prove a good resource for us.

Go ahead and ask any background questions or just comment on the story as it progresses. :)

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
Everyone's stress is empty, with no consequences. Everyone starts with full Refresh, plus Logan Harcourt has had his aspect "Big, Weird, Changeling Family" compelled (Michelle asking for his help) so he has +1 Fate point from Refresh.

Keira Moore - 1 Fate Point
Logan Harcourt - 3 Fate Points
Juno Reyes - 1 Fate Point
Malcom Crestwood - 1 Fate Point

ThirdWizard

First Post
I just realized I forgot to include something I meant to. Logan probably knows a few things about Sandra. I don't know how well he knows her personally, Dragonwriter can decide on that. Here are a few things he'd definately be aware of, however.

[sblock=Sandra]
Sandra was one of the many changeling children left on Michelle's doorstep. In her case, she was just a baby when she was left there. She's always been quite beautiful, so people think she was probably the daughter of an elf or even a sidhe. She's also talented with magic, especially glammours with some aptitude in both Summer and Winter trappings, although she has no formal training. She gave herself the last name Kneat just because she liked the way it sounded.

She was a good student in High School and always helped around the house. She was a good kid. She even got a part time job and used that money to help raise the kids. She also was always a very private person. Michelle let her have a lot of leeway as far as her personal life, and there were never any problems that came up for her that plague some inner city teens. Nobody at the house really knows what she did on her personal time.

A little after she turned 18 she moved out. She still comes around every once in a while, and she doesn't keep it a secret where she lives, but nobody really knows much about what she does. She doesn't talk about work or friends or anything like that. She'll just show up once a month or so and help out with housework, maybe give Michelle some money (which she won't take "No" for an answer on), and hang out with the kids. Then she'll be off again.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sorry for the long delay Gents, apparently the thread stopped updating me via email just before gencon with updates.

For some unknown reason, e-mail subscriptions tend to go kaput every so often. I recommend just stopping in every so often and go to your Settings/User Control Panel, where your updated subscriptions will be noted.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Tagging to make sure people see this post:
[MENTION=6694788]Bluedevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION]

Now would probably be an excellent time to look over the rules for Declarations (page 116 YS). Declarations are all about using your character's skills as a means for the player to add some aspect to a scene that hasn't yet been determined. You can be as creative as you want, but keep in mind two things 1) Whether or not the declaration is possible is the purview of the GM and 2) The difficulty of the roll is determined by the GM. #1 means "Would this be a boon or detract from the game?" is an important question to ask yourself when making a declaration. As for #2 , you can bypass the roll by spending an Action Point. That's one reason Action Points so good.

The current situation where Juno and Malcom want to sneak into the house is a perfect opportunity for some simple or creative uses of declarations, especially considering neither of you are very skilled at Burglary, but are good at Investigation. ;) Declaration rules are fairly different than most other RPG systems' action resolution, and it takes a little effort to wrap your head around using them.

If you would like to try a declaration at any point in the game, you can ask in this thread about it, and I'll get back with you ASAP and tell you whether it is possible and what the target you need to get on your skill roll. Feel free to suggest what skill would be appropriate in your request. Then you can attempt your roll and narrate the outcome in one swoop. If you fail and you really don't like it, before you resolve the result in game you can decide to use an Action Point to bypass the roll and get an automatic success. Action points can always be used retroactively in DFRPG as long as the action hasn't been resolved in game.

If you ask about a declaration and I say it isn't possible, it probably means that there is something that you aren't aware of but that is already in play in the game that would conflict with a successful outcome of your declaration. Or it means that I think the success of the declaration would be bad for the overall play experience. I don't shoot down anything because it would make things easier on you - I have lots of tricks up my sleeve for making things more difficult. Lots. Truly. So many. That's the whole point of the Dresden Files, right?

Shayuri

First Post
Mr ThirdWizard, I think what would be very useful to me, after looking at these rules, is to use this as a sort of tutorial.

Would you be willing to sort of handhold us through this for this scenario (ie - getting into the house without being noticed by the neighbors)? I think I sort of get it a little, but I think doing this would serve two purposes at once. It would make sure we know how it works, and it would get us past this moment were we are a bit stalled on. :)

What do you think?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases