Burned Circle - OOC Thread

Bluedevil

First Post
@Bluedevil
If you look at YS212 and 213 on zones, you'll note that you can go from one zone to another as a supplemental action at a -1 to your main action (so long as there is no border, which there is none here). Thus, you could move and still perform some action if you wanted to.

Alright, I guess I should help Juno and Third doesnt seem to want to blow my MiA aspect to go and do something else ;)

so in which case, Warden sword slice to the Ghoul. Well I somehow doubt that roll is going to yield anything other then laughter.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Third doesnt seem to want to blow my MiA aspect to go and do something else ;)

Soon... soon...

And... wow. You must have learned to roll from the ghoul. I'll roll his Athletics in defense.

EDIT: He easily moves out of the arc of the sword. I think we all saw that coming anyway.

[MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION] [MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION]
Whichever one of you goes out first must open the door, which counts as a barrier between zones. That means whoever goes first won't be able to take any kind of action. However, the second person out will be able to. That would mean that Keira who is first in Initiative order between the two of you would open the door.

Unfortunately, there is a ghoul in wait who will attack whoever is bringing up the rear, in this case Logan. This is an attempt at an Ambush. You two already know he's there, but not exactly where he's coming from. What I'm going to do here is not allow the hiding ghoul to have surprise, but to instead have a tag on the aspect OUT OF SIGHT, which he created through his last Stealth check as a maneuver (if it beats Logan's Alertness).

I'll roll the Stealth.

EDIT: Pretty good

Logan doesn't see the ghoul leap at him from behind until the last second. Logan is able to defend himself, but the ghoul has the advantage of the tag above, which it is invoking to get a +2 to the attack roll.

EDIT2: Roll of 7 + 2 (invoke) for a grand total of 9 that Logan is defending against. The claws + strength power is another +4 so that's a total of 13 stress! Remember, you can use Weapons to defend yourself from Weapons and Fists attacks, so that would be your best defense skill here. Now might be a good time to invoke an aspect in order to add to the defense against the attack. Really Good With a Hammer would apply, and Big Son of a Wyld Ogre might make sense depending on how you narrate it, if you want to spend the FATE. Logan's got 3 FATE burning a hole in his pocket at the moment, though, so it might not be a bad idea. Your call, though.

After that, Logan still has a main action he can use at a -1 penalty if he would like to attack the ghoul in turn, set up a maneuver, or something else.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan doesn't see the ghoul leap at him from behind until the last second. Logan is able to defend himself, but the ghoul has the advantage of the tag above, which it is invoking to get a +2 to the attack roll.

EDIT2: Roll of 7 + 2 (invoke) for a grand total of 9 that Logan is defending against. The claws + strength power is another +4 so that's a total of 13 stress! Remember, you can use Weapons to defend yourself from Weapons and Fists attacks, so that would be your best defense skill here. Now might be a good time to invoke an aspect in order to add to the defense against the attack. Really Good With a Hammer would apply, and Big Son of a Wyld Ogre might make sense depending on how you narrate it, if you want to spend the FATE. Logan's got 3 FATE burning a hole in his pocket at the moment, though, so it might not be a bad idea. Your call, though.

After that, Logan still has a main action he can use at a -1 penalty if he would like to attack the ghoul in turn, set up a maneuver, or something else.

Yeah, I'll be Invoking "Really Good With A Hammer" as Logan whips Buster out to block with the haft. That will happen regardless of the die roll. :p The roll will just tell me what way I'll be using the Invoke.

EDIT: Okay, invoke for +2. Gives me +8 as a Defense total, leaving a total of 5 Stress to take. I think Armor: 1 does nothing due to the Weapon: 2 of Claws... Anyways, taking the Physical Stress.

And Logan will make a return strike, bringing the head of the sledgehammer down on the ghoul. Rolling Weapons -1 for Supplemental Action...

EDIT2: Well, if the ghoul rolls really crappy like his buddy... it would get +2 Stress, thanks to Inhuman Strength. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Whichever one of you goes out first must open the door, which counts as a barrier between zones. That means whoever goes first won't be able to take any kind of action. However, the second person out will be able to. That would mean that Keira who is first in Initiative order between the two of you would open the door.

Ok. :)

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
I think that does it for the first exchange! We can start posting to the IC thread now. Since the party is still split up, we don't have to worry too much about post order between the two.

Inside Sandra's House: The ghoul should go first - I'll get that posted up. As soon as I have that up, Shayuri and Bluedevil can post up their attacks against the ghoul in any order. Shayuri, since you inflicted the minor consequence of WINDED on the ghoul, you can narrate that into your attack.

Inside Mara's House: Thanee should go first, opening the sliding glass door and heading outside. As you go out, you hear the ghoul howling from Juno pulling it into Sandra's house. Behind you is Logan, and as soon as Logan is outside, I'll post up the ghoul's attack against him. Then Dragonwriter can post Logan's attack.

Current Status:

Juno: Physical Stress OOOX ; no consequences ; 2 FATE
Malcom: Physical Stress OOOO; Mental Stress XOOO; no consequences; 1 FATE
Keira: Physical Stress OOO (in human form) ; no consequences ; 1 FATE
Logan: Physical Stress OOOO(XO) ; no consequences ; 2 FATE

Ghoul #1: Physical Stress OOOX ; minor WINDED
Ghoul #2: Physical Stress OOOO ; no consequences

If anyone notices that I missed anything in there, let me know.

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
Keep in mind I have 1 mental stress from my spell earlier, it could matter if I need to pull out the Mojo :)

Ah yes, you are correct. Thank you!

In this post you put down a 2 stress mental hit, but on your rogues gallery I see you marked down the 1st stress box. As far as I can tell, the 1 stress mental hit (Great Conviction vs Great quality ward) is the correct one, just in case anyone sees the note on the roll and is confused.

In any case, editing my post to reflect that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases