Burned Circle - OOC Thread

Thanee

First Post
Ghoul's got supernatural strength and claws, so its actually +4 stress on top of that for 5.

You mean Inhuman Strength, I guess?

Since your fifth box is marked off, it would have to move up to the 6th if you don't take any consequences or spend a FATE point defensively.

Don't forget Armor (Logan has Inhuman Toughness, so Armor: 1).

And with the Supernatural Recovery, taking a Mild Consequence instead of 2 points of Stress makes a lot of sense (as he can simply clear it away on his next turn with a Supplemental Action; twice during a combat).

But one question: What does this part mean?

"Since your fifth box is marked off, it would have to move up to the 6th ..."

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
As far as combat mechanics go, what is the difference between a minor consequence and a moderate one? As aspects, they'd both give the same bonus when being tagged or invoked by a foe, right?

Since I am just reading it to freshen up my memory on how all this works...

A Minor Consequence cancels 2 Stress and gives you an Aspect (and the one who inflicted it automatically gains a Tag for it).

Once you start to recover from it (i.e. by getting medical attention), it will be gone after the next scene.

A Moderate Consequence cancels 4 Stress, but stays with you a lot longer (until the end of the next Session).

Stress goes away after the current scene, once you get some time to rest.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
You are able to shapeshift as a supplemental action. So if you want to take an action along with it, you can do so at a -1 penalty.

Ok. I will use the Basic Action to Attack the ghoul. Fists +4 with a -1 for the Supplemental Action taken.

Also, with the transformation, Keira's Initiative goes up to Legendary now.

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
You mean Inhuman Strength, I guess?

I was trying to be vague by not using game terms, but I guess supernatural strength turned out to be a game term after all. :)

Don't forget Armor (Logan has Inhuman Toughness, so Armor: 1).

Unfortunately for him, ghoul claws are Weapon:2 so they bypass his armor.

And with the Supernatural Recovery, taking a Mild Consequence instead of 2 points of Stress makes a lot of sense (as he can simply clear it away on his next turn with a Supplemental Action; twice during a combat).

This is true. And, one on one combats are especially good for this, as you can almost always clear away the consequence before the next attack (can't with multiple combatants). You just have to be willing to take the -1 penalty, but that's usually the best tactical decision.

But one question: What does this part mean?

"Since your fifth box is marked off, it would have to move up to the 6th ..."

You can't use the same stress box twice, so that stress has to go somewhere. Where it goes is to the next highest one.

His stress track looks like this
OOOO(XO)

If he takes 5 points of stress, the fifth box is already taken. That means he has to use his sixth box if he takes the stress, like this
OOOO(XX)

A Minor Consequence cancels 2 Stress and gives you an Aspect (and the one who inflicted it automatically gains a Tag for it).

Once you start to recover from it (i.e. by getting medical attention), it will be gone after the next scene.

A Moderate Consequence cancels 4 Stress, but stays with you a lot longer (until the end of the next Session).

Stress goes away after the current scene, once you get some time to rest.

Just a few things to add to this:
- You can pass the tag to someone else if you want when you inflict a conseequence.
- For moderate consequences these are things that you will almost always have to seek medical attention for, but for minors not usually. If you don't get it treated it won't go away!
- Since we aren't technically playing sessions, I'll just use my judgment as to when moderate consequences go away.
- All of these times only apply to Malcom because he didn't join the Recovery Power club that apparently everybody else joined, of which Logan is the president.

Ok. I will use the Basic Action to Attack the ghoul. Fists +4 with a -1 for the Supplemental Action taken.

Also, with the transformation, Keira's Initiative goes up to Legendary now.

Yeesh! Inhuman Speed - missed that. That is crazy fast.

I'll roll defense for the ghoul.

EDIT: And the ghoul rolls an epic defense, managing to avoid the pounce altogether.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
I was trying to be vague by not using game terms, but I guess supernatural strength turned out to be a game term after all. :)

Heh. I see.

Unfortunately for him, ghoul claws are Weapon:2 so they bypass his armor.

Hmm... are you sure? I thought the values would always be used.

You can't use the same stress box twice, so that stress has to go somewhere. Where it goes is to the next highest one.

Ah, that. I see.

Did Logan get damaged before already? I must have missed that... :eek:

Another question...

If your Stress looks like this: OOOO(XX), and you get hit with Damage 3, can you still cross off the third box (OOXO(XX))?

EDIT: And the ghoul rolls an epic defense, managing to avoid the pounce altogether.

Ah well... it was such a nice roll. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
Hmm... are you sure? I thought the values would always be used.

After looking up the rules on this and doing some research, I must consider the unsettling situation that I have been playing incorrectly for the past two or three years. I'm going to look into this some more, but it doesn't look good.

Did Logan get damaged before already? I must have missed that... :eek:

Yep. Quite a nasty strike it was.

If your Stress looks like this: OOOO(XX), and you get hit with Damage 3, you can still cross off the third box (OOOX(XX))?

You put the X in the wrong spot. Should be: OOXO(XX), but yes on the general principle of the statement.

As a funny side note, my wife happened to see the email notification of this post go to my phone while we were out and wanted to know who was sending me hugs and kisses. She feigned incredulity and I played the misunderstood love interest. Fun was had by all.

ThirdWizard

First Post
[MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION]
Are you taking your entire action to get Mara out of danger? If so, I'll go ahead and post up the round summary, everyone can start posting IC, and I'll start up the next exchange.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Dragonwriter
Are you taking your entire action to get Mara out of danger? If so, I'll go ahead and post up the round summary, everyone can start posting IC, and I'll start up the next exchange.

Sorry, been indisposed. I'm going to take a Mild consequence to knock that 5 Stress down to 3 and tick off that box. Then I'll spend my action to get Mara out of harm's way.

Thanee

First Post
After looking up the rules on this and doing some research, I must consider the unsettling situation that I have been playing incorrectly for the past two or three years. I'm going to look into this some more, but it doesn't look good.

Well, it does look good for Logan, then (i.e. just 2nd box instead of 3rd, right?). :)

You put the X in the wrong spot. Should be: OOXO(XX), but yes on the general principle of the statement.

Oops! :eek: Counting to three is hard... ahem. :lol:

As a funny side note, my wife happened to see the email notification of this post go to my phone while we were out and wanted to know who was sending me hugs and kisses. She feigned incredulity and I played the misunderstood love interest. Fun was had by all.

:D

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
Summary of Exchange #2

Order of Initiative: Actions
Keira - Legendary (were-form): change form, miss ghoul
Ghoul #1 - Epic: misses Juno
Ghoul #2 - Epic: hits Logan, who takes 2 stress and a minor consequence
Mara - n/a: Wanders outside, is horrified by ghouls
Juno - Great: hits Ghoul #1 dealing 3 stress
Logan - Fair: Heals minor injuries, pulls Mara inside
Malcom - Average: hits ghoul who takes moderate consequence LACERATED SHOULDER

Current Status
I've reworked Logan's stress track for both rounds based on Thanee's observation that he gets the Armor:1 regardless of the ghoul's weapon rating.
Ghoul #1: Physical Stress OOXX ; minor WINDED moderate LACERATED SHOULDER
Ghoul #2: Physical Stress OOOO ; no consequences
Keira: Physical Stress OOOO(OOOO) (in were form) ; no consequences ; 1 FATE
Juno: Physical Stress OOOX ; no consequences ; 2 FATE
Logan: Physical Stress OXOX(OO) ; minor consequence TBD recovered from during this round ; 2 FATE (+1/-1)
Malcom: Physical Stress OOOO; Mental Stress XOOO; no consequences; 1 FATE

Does everyone agree?

Keira is first, very fast indeed. Thanee post up first.

I'll get ghoul actions posted afterward, then Mara's entrance, everyone else follow afterward.

Dragonwriter, you need to come up with a minor consequence, but really it doesn't matter what it is too much as you'll cancel it out immediately before anyone could invoke it against you anyway.

Exchange #3
For the upcoming exchange, I want to know Keira's actions for the round. Everybody else can hold off for now. Things aren't necessarily going to go as they have been. We'll see. Keira, with her Legendary Initiative can go first, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases