Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
I found this amazing thread on stack exchange. 4d3-8 gives the same distribution as 4df. We can use Invisible Castle with the "Burned Circle" campaign name and use that. I did some testing on Invisible Castle and it looks good, although I've forgotten my login information, which is annoying.

I'll be busy with Holidays as well, including a week long trip to Canada just after Christmas during which I'll be completely cut off from the Internet. I'll be able to post fairly regularly up to the trip, though, since I do almost all my posting from work. ;)

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'm having issues with Invisible Castle where I can't log in. Not sure what is causing this, does anyone else have that problem? If you can log in, just do your rolls under Burned Circle campaign and I can easily look them up, otherwise use your character's full name and I'll search by that.

The Campaign Page/Wiki is down, but they do have the database intact. There were some useful things in it, and I'm glad its saved, but not sure when it'll be back up. I don't know if you guys used it, but I made references to it fairly often. Here's hoping Morrus gets lucky with getting some of that functionality back. As a software developer by day, the very thought of that happening to me fills me with dread. I can only imagine what he's going through.

Beyond that, lets continue! We've had quite a break here, so I'm looking back over everything and summarizing where we are and what's going on.

We're caught up to Exchange 2 in the IC thread.

Exchange 3 Thus Far
Keira goes first. She uses Athletics to perform a maneuver on Ghoul #2 , putting the Aspect KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE CAT on the ghoul, maneuvering the ghoul as she sees fit.

The ghouls are second. The ghoul inside is beat to a pulp at this point. He's been pummeled and slashed, and he just wants to leave. He's trying to run away, but the pain of the sword wound slows him down. He only makes it to the front lawn. The second ghoul sees the first ghoul running. This one isn't actually injured yet, but seeing the wounds on the first one he can read the writing on the wall. He takes off around the opposite side of the house.

I think Juno rolled a really good Athletics (rolls are gone, but I think that's the case) and can move to any zone. I think the roll is basically good enough to circle the house, jog in place a moment, then run and catch up with either ghoul. ;)

Malcom is moving from outside the house to get a beat on one of the ghouls, I think casting a force spell. However, the ghoul spends the FATE point he got from the recent compel I put against him and manages to duck just under the attack, saving him - for now.

Exchange 3: To Do
I need to know where Juno is moving. That will be her entire action for the round.

What is Logan's action going to be for this exchange? Honestly, there aren't a lot of options for this exchange for him. He's inside, so he does have a choice between front and back door, though. He can tell the ghouls are running away, so going out the front isn't metagaming in anny way. The door is basically -1 to Athletics (barrier) if he goes that route. He can move, but that's pretty much it.

I expect everything will slow down around the holidays. Post whenever you can and don't worry about slowness.

Shayuri

First Post
Juno's desire is to intercept the wounded ghoul. I don't know if that's actually possible using these rules...if not, that would be a bit annoying, since chasing down people is a big part of what cops do. :)

Since it seems she can outrun it, I'd like to get her out in front of it, blocking its available courses of escape.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Juno's desire is to intercept the wounded ghoul. I don't know if that's actually possible using these rules...if not, that would be a bit annoying, since chasing down people is a big part of what cops do. :)

Since it seems she can outrun it, I'd like to get her out in front of it, blocking its available courses of escape.

Normally it would be footrace, and if you win you'd tackle him. But, the ghoul will be to his destination next round so it would seem a bit unnecessary to play that out. So this particular thing will be a bit wonky, I admit.

Logan will head out the front door and join the chase.

Sounds good. Roll an Athletics check to see how far you can get.

Anybody that made it as far as the front yard as of now, roll an Alertness skill check. The target is Good (+3) for success.

When rolling, use Invisible Castle and use the roll of 4d3-8 + SKILL using the full name of your characters ("Logan Harcourt", "Juno Reyes") as the character name. If you can log in, use "Burned Circle" as the campaign. When you've got the roll, link it in a post here.

Remove ads