Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
Alertness:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3822021/

Got a result of 5. Not too shabby. :)

Nice roll. :)

You (and anybody else who rolls 3 or higher and is within view of the street) sees a dark colored Cadillac circa the 1970s that was parked about half a block down the street start to slow-roll its way toward you guys. It's headlights are off, but through the dark of the now almost set sun you can make out the distinct silhouette of the car and hear the faint running of its engine as it slinks up the street toward you.

With a 5, I'll add that you can see the outline of a muscular figure behind the wheel and tell that the two doors facing toward you, passenger and rear passenger, are slightly ajar.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Yep.

A Fate Die is -/-/0/0/+/+, so probability of 1/3 each for -1, 0 or +1. 1d3-2 is the same, i.e. results are -1/0/+1. Thus, rolling four of those, or 4d3-8, yields the same results as 4df.

Bye
Thanee

Hsss! Maths! Almost as bad as sunlight!

Hee...should I wait for your update post in the IC thread, or just tell you what Juno will do on seeing this? :)

Why do I have that sudden DM feeling where everything is about to go totally opposite of what you expect? :D

Shayuri

First Post
Bahaha...because you have some idea of how a police officer would view a sinister car with its headlights off and its doors ready to fling open, driving sneakily forward as fugitives try to escape?

Shayuri

First Post
Juno will be calling out warning to the others on her action, so y'all might want to take that into account planning your own actions.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I don't know if you guys have seen this, but there's a Fate Core Kickstarter going on. It's already waaaay over and for only $10 you get a huge amount of material. It's very cool, and as somebody who really loves the FATE system, I'm super excited about it. :)

Back to the game! Here's the summary of Exchange #3 :

Actions
Keira performs a maneuver circling around the ghoul, giving it the aspect of KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE CAT
Ghoul #1 runs around the house to the right, slowed down by inflicted injuries
Ghoul #2 runs around the house to the left, slowed down by Keira distracting him and getting in the way
Juno chases after Ghoul #1 , spots the sneaking car, and jumps behind a pine tree in the front yard
Logan busts out the front door to join the chase
Malcom comes out around behind Ghoul #1 and tries to hit it with a blast of force but the ghoul manages to dodge out of the way

Current Statuses
Ghoul #1 : Physical Stress OOXX ; minor WINDED moderate LACERATED SHOULDER
Ghoul #2 : Physical Stress OOOO ; no consequences
Keira: Physical Stress OOOO(OOOO) (in were form) ; no consequences ; 1 FATE
Juno: Physical Stress OOOX ; no consequences ; 2 FATE
Logan: Physical Stress OXOX(OO) ; no consequences ; 2 FATE
Malcom: Physical Stress OOOO; Mental Stress XXOO; no consequences; 1 FATE [+1 mental stress for casting]

We can start posting up in the IC thread in order as long as everyone agrees with what I have here. I'll leave it to Shayuri to describe the oncoming car as I've detailed it in this thread, since Juno is the one who saw it. If anybody going after Juno wants to act on her warning, go ahead and add it to your posts.

Shayuri

First Post
Looks good to me!

And I'm already in the $10 club on that Kickstarter. :)

Got someone on another board starting up that supers/wild west hybrid setting they have going there in a PBP. Should be interesting. :)

Remove ads