Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
Keira and Juno manage to dodge out of the way without much effort, but Logan takes 1 point of stress. Logan still has his 1st stress box available, so the stress goes there. If there's no objection, I'll describe the stress loss to dropping down hard on the concrete porch as soon as he saw the SMG. The others dropped down in the grass.

I'll give it a bit, then I'll post up the ghouls' IC.

Current Status:
Keira: Physical Stress OOOO(OOOO) (in were form) ; no consequences ; 2 FATE [+1 for compel]
Juno: Physical Stress OOOX ; no consequences ; 2 FATE
Logan: Physical Stress XXOX(OO) ; no consequences ; 2 FATE
Malcom: Physical Stress OOOO ; Mental Stress XXOO ; no consequences; 1 FATE

Not bad. Everybody's managed to come out of the first combat with no consequences and nobody is out of FATE.

Once I've got the ghouls' post up, you can start to post in the IC thread again, instead of running everything through here. Keira will make a beeline for the (clothes &) motorcycle to take off after them, since Thanee took the compel. Then everyone else can do as they like, joining the chase probably, but a bit behind.

Following will be an Extended Contest (YS193). This is similar (or exactly like) the Cat and Mouse example of an extended contest on the next page (YS194). You are tailing the ghouls as they escape down the street. Every "round" the ghouls will make a Driving check, and the PC drivers will make an opposed driving check. Your check is subtracted from theirs. After four rounds, if its less than 0, then you win and if its greater than 0 they win. 0 is a tie.

Because Keira gets a bonus for having reacted quickly, she will start off the first round as if she rolled a +4 on the FATE dice, for a +5 (from Average driving) against whatever the ghouls roll.

Now, for the goals of the chase. This can be an overt chase where you're trying to drive them off the road. It can be a stealthy tail. Or anything in between. Whatever your goal, that will determine how it plays out in game, and what winning or losing means.

For each post a driver makes in the chase, describe how you're trying to drive after them, put in your roll, and in my post, I'll compare rolls and describe how well you keep up relative to the ghouls. I'll record the "distance" (difference in die rolls) as we go along in my posts, along with what round we're on.

Does that make sense?

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, it does!

Question...more of a setting question than a mechanics one. Is there a good reason not to call in an APB on this car? I can think good reasons to DO so, and I'm trying to weigh them against possible consequences that Juno would be aware of, but that I may not be. :)

ThirdWizard

First Post
The main motivating factor for Juno not to call in police backup here would be the safety of the officers. It's extremely likely that any officers who respond will not be familiar with the supernatural and would treat the ghouls like any other perp, most likely being killed or seriously injured by the ghouls if they did manage to get into a direct conflict with them.

The second reason is that, as a rule, mortals are not brought into direct supernatural conflicts, which at this point this qualifies as such. The main reason for this is that supernaturals get really antsy when their enemies start calling in mortals against them, as they still have unfond memories of mortals with pitchforks and such. The Black Court of Vampires was virtually destroyed by mortals because Stoker brought mortals into the picture by giving them a list of ways to kill the vampires.

And, don't think mortals won't turn on a "benevolent" supernatural just because they're nice. A lot of mortals would turn on any of you just as fast as they'd turn on the ghouls should they discover your secrets.

That's generally why you don't get mortals involved, basically ever, unless they already know about supernatural dealings.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmmm... I see point 1... Point 2 is less compelling from an IC perspective, but I could see it being in the equation.

She's not looking to 'out' the entire supernatural world, of course. But I s'pose that a car full of ghouls stopped by the police would be hard to write off as hysteria or unreliable witnesses or hoax. Especially if there were bodies.

Even so, shots fired and a speeding car chase make the possibility of police involvement very real even if she doesn't call it in. :)

Tee hee.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Oh definitely on the police response. Especially in a normally peaceful neighborhood like this. This is probably the kind of area that has relatively fast police responses, too. :cool:

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
Sorry for my absence, again notifications on the new website do not appear to be functioning properly and work has had me busy. I am back though with new bookmarks planning on taking a look daily for new posts until Eworld is back up and working.

Shayuri

First Post
lol...if I can get the gateway time-outs to stop, I'll be sure to do that. :)

Annnnd I'm back.

Only die roller is not working. Can't do Inviscastle from here either, not until I get home. If you want to roll on my behalf, Juno has a bonus of +1. Combat driving not her forte. :)

Can she at least get a look at the plates?

Last edited:

Remove ads