Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
The Sight:

Thankfully, this section of suburbia is benign. Everything looks more vivid around here, the colors a bit brighter, the lights a bit brighter with The Sight.

Examining the house, you do see that there is a ward in place, though it looks a bit worn with time. To your Sight it is a glowing series of motes of light spread around the home with lines cast between them in a sort of net, a somewhat crude and incomplete coverage, but highly effective nonetheless. It is most likely some sort of glamour, perhaps involving lights and sounds - a magically supercharged burglar alarm.

The power behind the ward is of Great level. In order to counter it, you'll need to bring to bear an equal amount of will against it. You can either use evocation or thaumaturgy to do so. If you go evocation, you will take it down for about an hour before it reforms. If you go with thaumaturgy, you can take it down permanently if you so choose.

Bluedevil

First Post
Well defense against the sight to see if I can close it before I write the next part, looks like its going to succeed likely based on the not horrible stuff I am seeing :)

I will wait for Juno to post before I describe Malcom in the post.

ThirdWizard

First Post
You're fine. Luckily the house wasn't owned by a serial killer or anything. I'll be nice for now. There's plenty of time to screw you over in the future. :)

ThirdWizard

First Post
Something like this?

Next Scene: Malcom goes semi-catatonic after looking at a idyllic local park picnic area with The Sight. You aren't sure why, but he keeps mumbling something like "It's the hotdogs..." over and over. He'll start working on his new character shortly. ;)

ThirdWizard

First Post
I've gone ahead and put Juno and Malcom in Sandra's house, since you took out the defenses. No real need to roleplay walking through the door. Feel free to explore. I'll go ahead and give you a little information to help you narrate your explorations a bit:

The hallway has three doors, as follows:
  • Bedroom - The closest door down the hallway on the left is a bedroom. It's fairly simply decorated with a single bed, a dresser, and some reading materials in plain view.
  • Bathroom - A bathroom is at the end of the hall on the right. It has what you would normally expect to find, a tub, toilet, medicine closet, sink, floor mat. Beyond that you can investigate.
  • Locked - There is a door in the hallway on the left that is locked.

The kitchen is fairly small, with a stove, oven, and fridge. None of them are in great shape. There is a small room with a washer/dryer adjacent.

I've already described the living room's basics. If you look around I'll go into more detail about the contents of the room.

You can investigate any of these rooms for more details, look for anything in particular that you might want to find, etc. I just gave you these small descriptions so you can throw a little blurb out while looking around if you so wish. To make out any details (i.e. read a book title, look under a bed, etc) you will need some light source.

Use any skills/abilities you want that might help. Feel free to roll in the IC thread while you look around.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Some nudges to keep this thing moving.
[MENTION=6694788]Bluedevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION]

Remove ads