Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

Courage

First Post
Gamble moves over to eye level with Roldare, deep concern showing on the gnome's face as he tries to empathize with the man. "Come on Roldare, aren't you going to answer Snaggle's question? For us to help you, we're going to need you to help us. Tell us, why are you locked in this room? What happened to the other villagers?"

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Roldare's sobbing slows for a moment, as he looks up to meet the eyes of the gnome. He slowly replies, taking deep breaths between parts of his response. "The angry bones... th-they... they took her... my sister Dimira. She's still alive... I know it. They just dragged her off... The voice took her... Walking bones... Middle of the night... Three nights ago... D-did nothing..." He stops solemnly for a moment, before continuing with a resolute look on his face. "One with the voice of death, who stalks these halls in ancient mail. I was certain of my own doom."

Roldare looks expectantly back at your group, as if truly noticing you for the first time. "You are from the village." It is not a question. "We..." his hand makes a motion to the room at large, where the villagers were obviously making arrangements for your arrival, but he soon drops his hand, and his head.

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Roldare tries to improve his coherency, but does a poor job of it. "Voice of death... clad in mail... speaks to the angry bones. We laid the tests... after our journey... many tests... three days ago... during the night... killed them all... took my sister. I escaped and here I am." He gives you a pleading look and repeats, "And here I am."

Courage

First Post
"How many were you?" prods Gamble further.

[sblock=Current Status]Gamble Benguile (Male gnome bard 1)
CG small humanoid (gnome)
Str 8
Dex 14 Con 10 Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 18

Key Skills Acrobatics +0, Bluff +8, Climb -3, Diplomacy +8, Escape Artist +0, Heal +1, Knowledge (Local) +7, Knowledge (Any) +3, Perception +7, Perform (wind instruments or act) +8, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +8, Swim -3

Init +2 Spd 20 ft. Senses Low-light vision (normal light); Perception +7
AC 17, touch 13, FF 15 (+4 dodge versus giants) HP 5/8 Temp HP 0
Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +3 CMB -2 CMD 10
Misc +2 saves versus illusions

Melee Attack club +0 (1d4 -1)
Melee Attack dagger +0 (1d3 -1/19-20)
Misc +1 attack versus reptilians and goblinoids

Currently Wielding Small Club
Current Armor Studded Leather Armor, Buckler, Entertainer's Outfit
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) Dagger, Harmonica, Spell Component Pouch, Flint and Steel, 26 gp
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) Light crossbow (Nyra), 10 Crossbow Bolts (Nyra)
Current Encumbrance 18.5 lbs (light load) Medium Load 19.51 lbs Heavy Load 39.76 lbs Max 60 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Grease)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic)
Spell-like Abilities: 1/1 (
Dancing Lights), 1/1 (Ghost Sound), 1/1 (Prestidigitation), 1/1 (Speak with Animals)
Bardic Performances: 09/14 (Countersong, Distraction, Fascinate, Inspire Courage)

Current Effects and Conditions:
Flat-footed[/sblock]

Redbadge

Explorer
Roldare responds to Gamble first, preferring the company of the eccentric gnome to the unnerving talking reptile. "My sister and I... five others... and the animals."

He turns to the kobold. "Traps? Our tests... I..." He stops, obviously struggling to remember. "You will need the shields and the keys. Do you swim? There is swimming... I do not remember where. I feel that we may have left some of the tests... unsanitized. I feel that... I know that, that you will find the challenges worthwhile. The terrors, the terrors of the night, they attacked before we made it to the flame. Only half finished. We needed another day..." Roldare seems saddened, though he has grown calmer. It is possible his mind might recover, in time.

Courage

First Post
Gamble counts on his fingers theatrically. "Seven, then. And only two found perished. There may still be hope for the others. Especially for the sister." Gamble turns to his comrades, "What do you all make of the rest? Keys sound straightforward enough, but shields? And it sounds like many of the forthcoming traps will not be so forgiving."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases