Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

BudroThePious

First Post
"You know what, :):):):) this :):):):). Whoever it is over there making that waling sound will just have to die. Where to next?" Joseph sheaths his sword and picks the morningstar back up.
OOC: Taking the full round action to hit the door means I can't miss it. Are you counting the wood sections and iron sections separately or no?

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Joseph said:
Taking the full round action to hit the door means I can't miss it.

GM: You're right on this count. I missed the automatic hit part and just saw the +5 to hit on ranged attacks. Note however, the attack is not a full-round action; just lining up the shot is a full round action. The standard action attack occurs in the next round.

I'm not counting the parts of the door separately, no. I'm using the statistics for the door specifically. The charts under Exploration and Movement are just guidelines; note that they are occasionally contradicted by the Gamemastering section in the very same book, as well as the expanded Gamemastery Guide rules, as well as their often being specific instance of rules being provided directly in adventures themselves.

Even assuming that your weapon is not damaged by attacking the door until it is destroyed, you are still looking at a couple of hours of work to make a section you could squeeze or break through, followed by possible fatigue, unless you can give me a plausible reason it would be quicker.

Courage

First Post
"Before we go anywhere else, I'm keen to thoroughly search the rest of this room." And Gamble does so, pausing for a moment first to listen to the wailing, interpreting Joseph's intent to divine whether the sound is natural or supernatural in nature, and whether someone is in imminent need of rescuing.

OOC: Take 10 on Perception checks for a 17.

Redbadge

Explorer
7 Neth 4709 (8:39:33)
Maze of Pillars, Crypt of the Everflame, Serpent Gorge, 40 Miles South of Kassen, Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas

The wailing is not entirely unbroken, stopping here and there for what might be gasps of air. You feel that the sound is probably not supernatural, being more akin to hysterical sobbing, though of course ghosts and the undead are capable of producing similar noise.

After several minutes of examining the maze of pillars, you discover the remaining pit traps (containing pillows), as well as two additional wooden switches, identical to the first.

On top of the pillows at the bottom of the center pit, you spy a small burlap sack.

[sblock=Maze of Pillars Complete]
1346204983_maze%20of%20pillars%20complete.jpg
[/sblock]

BudroThePious

First Post
"Hey Gamble, do you want me to lower you into that pit on the rope so you can get that sack, and maybe we should try pulling all three levers at once?"

Etharia

First Post
"Um... since your most durable maybe you should be at the door instead," suggests Lissa as she dismounts next to Joseph, "Gamble can take the third lever."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases