Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
You walk down the southernmost lane between the pillars. As you turn the corner, you see an odd sight. Halfway down the chamber, about 20' from either wall, you see a large square hole in the floor. Something is obviously inside, as it keeps tossing a long wooden object tied to what appears to be scraps of cloth out of the hole, perhaps trying to catch it caddy corner on two adjoining corners of the pit. The wooden pole... or perhaps spear... keeps landing on the main floor with a thud, and whatever threw it tries to jigger it around with a grunt, only to fail.

In the second alcove on your right, just before the pit, you can easily spot a lever on the wall, apparently not meant to be hidden, as it would be obvious to anyone walking by this way.

The door leading towards the ongoing wail is located in the next alcove on your right, past the pit. You can tell the hall of pillars stretches for quite some ways to the north, with only about a third of the chamber visible from any given angle.

[sblock=Maze of Pillars]
1345750378_maze%20of%20pillars%2003.jpg
[/sblock]

Redbadge

Explorer
You raise your glowing morningstar and peer into the pit. You discover the quirky kobold Snaggle at the bottom of a 10-foot deep stone hole, gripping what appears to be strips of white cloth tied together, one end of the makeshift rope tied to a small spear. The other contents of the pit are quite unusual, consisting of what seems suspiciously like scraps of shredded pillow.

BudroThePious

First Post
Joseph grabs the makeshift rope and pulls the small kobold up out of the pit. "So, didn't make it all that far, did you? Check out that lever over there, then let's see if we can find that wailing." Jospeh points over to the lever, "Oh, and this is for you," Joseph says, handing Snaggle the club that was made for him.

Isklexi

First Post
"Thanks, we should keep an eye out for more pit traps."

OOC: How much time has elapsed? I'm not sure how much duration is left on my mage armor

Courage

First Post
Noticing the remains of the pillows at the bottom of the pit, Gamble grins at Snaggle, "Taking a nap on the job, were we?"

When and if the kobold examines the lever, the gnome stands well back, preferably 10 feet in from the original door, adjacent to the first pillar, and behind Lissa, Nyra, and Joseph.

Redbadge

Explorer
7 Neth 4709 (8:29:18)
Maze of Pillars, Crypt of the Everflame, Serpent Gorge, 40 Miles South of Kassen, Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas

GM: You cast mage armor at 8:11:18. Exactly 18 minutes have passed since then, or 180 rounds. In other words, as of this post you have 420 rounds left.

The map below depicts where I think you are currently standing in the chamber. If you are located somewhere else, please specify.

[sblock=Maze of Pillars]
1345858616_maze%20of%20pillars%2004.jpg
[/sblock]

Etharia

First Post
"Here let me have a look at the lever," she says with a grin and a glance at the pit, "I've got better eye sight." Lissa and Nyra approach the lever and give it a once over.

Redbadge

Explorer
There isn't much to uncover about the lever other than the fact it is about three-quarters of a foot long piece of wood protruding from the center of the stone wall. It is in the up position, and the base of the lever leads into a slot containing wood, stone, and iron assemblages otherwise flush against the surface. Pulling the lever down looks like it would involve a good two feet of movement. It appears that whatever mechanics it manipulates are recessed in the wall. There are no other indications of where these mechanics lead or what they do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases