Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC) - Page 5




+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 572
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Etharia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    89

    Ignore Etharia
    Lissa discards both the too large backpack and the small tent while muttering, "Whats the point of these Nyra you can't use them."

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Redbadge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    590
    ZEITGEIST

    Ignore Redbadge
    OOC: Recording the voicechat actions for posterity: Lissa selected backpack A, but left the actual backpack and the tent. She quickly collected all the map fragment pieces and handed them to Joseph, who took the time to decipher them.


    You quickly reassemble the map:

    Map Fragments


    Reassembled Map
    Last edited by Redbadge; Wednesday, 18th July, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

  • #43
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Isklexi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    189
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Isklexi
    Snaggle takes backpack B grunting under the weight.

  • #44
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    BudroThePious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alamogordo, NM
    Posts
    297
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore BudroThePious
    As the group leaves town Joseph can't help but notice that the backpacks were not at all sized for small creatures. "If any of you need, I can carry any of your extra gear. It won't make too much difference to me in this armor."

  • #45
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Isklexi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    189
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Isklexi
    "yes please" grunts Snaggle

  • #46
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Etharia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    89

    Ignore Etharia
    Lissa responds, "Thank you no, Nyra and I keep each other warm. Besides..." she glances back to make sure they are out hearing range, "they forgot to take my bedroll away from Nyra." She then pulls herself onto Nyra's saddle.
    Last edited by Etharia; Wednesday, 18th July, 2012 at 04:09 AM.

  • #47
    If it is not too much trouble, good sir. Otherwise, I'm afraid I might slow us down. Gamble is eager to get started as well, and follows the others out of town.

  • #48
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    BudroThePious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alamogordo, NM
    Posts
    297
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore BudroThePious
    "I can handle this," Joseph says as he slings backpacks B, C, and D over his shoulders. "We can work out who carries what on the trail."

  • #49
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Redbadge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    590
    ZEITGEIST

    Ignore Redbadge
    As you leave, Mayor Uptal tries to discreetly return to the cart the pack and tent that Lissa so unceremoniously dumped to the ground.

    Rewards
    Hooded Silver Lantern (15 gp, 2 lbs)
    Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs)
    Backpack
    (2 gp, 2 lbs)
    Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs)
    Small Tent (10 gp, 20 lbs)
    Small Tent
    (10 gp, 20 lbs)
    Small Tent (10 gp, 20 lbs)
    Winter Blanket (5 sp, 3 lbs)
    Winter Blanket
    (5 sp, 3 lbs)
    Winter Blanket (5 sp, 3 lbs)
    Winter Blanket (5 sp, 3 lbs)
    Waterskin (Full) (1 gp, 4lbs)
    Waterskin (Full) (1 gp, 4lbs)
    Waterskin (Full) (1 gp, 4lbs)
    Waterskin (Full) (1 gp, 4lbs)
    Map to Crypt (-,-)
    20 Days' Rations (10 gp, 20 lbs)
    Hempen Rope (50') (1 gp, 10 lbs)
    Grappling Hook (1 gp, 4 lbs)
    Box of Tinder and 3 Tindertwigs (3 gp, 1lb)
    3 Torches (3 cp, 3 lbs)
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp, 1 lb)
    Bottle of Local Brandy (5 gp, 1 lb)
    Total Value and Weight: 112.03 gp, 134 lbs
    Silver Lantern

    As you head down the wide south thoroughfare of Kassen towards the southern gate and the town's exit, you leave behind one crowd for another. Another large group of people has congregated in and around the southern gate, and this one is not nearly as reserved as the last.

    You recognize many faces, including Asina, Jocyn, Vargidan and his gaggle of children; even Olmira has made time to come see off Lissa and Nyra. You have to fight to make your way through the crowd, with handshakes, hugs, and slaps on the back slowing you down further. At one point, Snaggle feels a sharp jerk from his lower left, and you all hear a loud yelp. Whipping around, the kobold notices Jimes Iggins holding one of his hands gingerly and retreating quickly back into the crowd.

    Eventually, you leave the crowd behind and finally hit the road leading south and away from Kassen. A guard standing at the top of the guard tower to your right just outside the town walls gives you one last wave as you leave town. You set your pace at a brisk walk towards the entrance to the Fangwood, Gamble struggling to keep up and Lissa and Nyra leisurely jaunting along. At last, you have begun your quest to the Crypt of the Everflame.

    GM: When you next make a post, you need to work out amongst yourself who is carrying what of the new gear. Make sure to include your status listing the new gear you have, how much weight you are carrying, and whether or not you are encumbered. Among other things, this will allow me to calculate your current rate of travel.
    Last edited by Redbadge; Wednesday, 18th July, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

  • #50
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Redbadge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    590
    ZEITGEIST

    Ignore Redbadge
    4 Neth 4709 (12:09:30)
    Road Just South of Kassen, Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas

    The air is cool and dry. The road, starting at about 25 feet wide and narrowing down to about 15 feet as it enters the forest proper, is hard and dusty. You notice that storm clouds are slowly beginning to roll in above the trees on the horizon. As the sky gradually turns overcast during your journey, the light slips from bright to normal, and the ambient temperature drops several more degrees.

    Some of you might know something about the country of Nirmathas:

    Nirmathas Information, DC 10 Knowledge (Geography)

    A struggling country only recently escaped from the grasp of an imperialistic master, Nirmathas finds itself trapped in a constant war with the nation that seeks to reclaim it. Its people, proud of their newly gained freedom, try to maintain normal lives while still being ever-ready to fight off the imperial advances of their southern neighbor. Interesting attributes of the nation are its heavy reliance on the foresting industry, and the large number of rangers and druids that call the country home.
    Nirmathas lies on the western shores of Lake Encarthan, one of Avistan's largest bodies of fresh water. As a nation, Nirmathas is surrounded by enemies: to its south lies Molthune, its parent nation and the country that Nirmathas has unofficially been at war with since its creation. To its west, along with Varisia, lies Nidal, the home of fell shadow beast and the foul aristocracy that commands them. To the north lies the orc-infested Hold of Belkzen; it inhabitants' warlike ways are a constant threat to lasting peace.
    Nirmathas does have one friendly neighbour: the kingdom of Lastwall at its northern border. Both countries share a respect for one other, and though they do not give each other direct military aid (as Lastwall is also an ally of Molthune), they both share a common enemy in the orcs of Belkzen.
    Nirmathas is a very free-spirited nation and does not have a true central government; the small settlements throughout the nation effectively govern themselves. The little central government it does have is run by an elected Forest Marshal, whose primary role is to unite the rangers, lumberjacks, and woodcutters of the country into a military when necessary.
    Map of Nirmathas, DC 15 Knowledge (Geography), Trained Only
    ...
    Map of Nirmathas with Crypt Location, DC 20 Knowledge (Geography), Trained Only
    ...

    OOC: Make one knowledge check with a +2 bonus for being residents of the country. Feel free to take 10 on this one. Depending on how well Gamble rolls, you'll get both, one, or none of the two higher Geography DCs.

    GM: As you begin your trek, it is important to know what kind of travel preparations you have made. In addition to the distribution of your gear, the party needs to decide what marching order it will use. Any other preparations you make also need to be included in your post and possibly your status block. The first post has been updated with the current campaign status, including the current light level of normal light. Use these status blocks as a start when you update your status.
    Last edited by Redbadge; Thursday, 19th July, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Crypt of the Everflame Yes Hollows Last Hope No
      By ren1999 in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th March, 2012, 05:37 PM
    2. [LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1054
      Last Post: Monday, 6th February, 2012, 11:49 PM
    3. Broad Arrow Jack presents Crypt of the Everflame [IC Thread]
      By Broad Arrow Jack in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 108
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 06:26 PM
    4. New DM seeks interest in PFRPG PBP - Crypt of the Everflame
      By Broad Arrow Jack in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 194
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th December, 2009, 02:53 PM
    5. Broad Arrow Jack presents Crypt of the Everflame [Rogues Gallery]
      By Broad Arrow Jack in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 19th November, 2009, 07:22 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •