Republishing, Synnibarr: The original Scifi-Fantasy RPG. Kickstarter Project

H

Harrrbinger

Republishing, Synnibarr: The original Scifi-Fantasy RPG.: Featuring a COMPLETELY new system, the legendarily bad game, The World of Synnibarr is ready for re-release. With a forward [sic. - doesn't bode well!] by Dr. Richard Garfield, creator of Magic: The Gathering. Synnibarr is dedicated to the stifled adventurers within all of us. For we have the hearts and imaginations, but not the power or frontiers…

photo-full.jpg

For more RPG Kickstarter projects, check out RPG Kickstarters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm sure it'll be just as good as the original. When the designer uses the word "forward" instead of "foreword", I can tell it'll be of the same quality we remember.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
It's infamous enough that I want a copy, but he's asking $55,000. Maybe there's some art costs, but The Round 10 RPG System is asking for $4000, Myth & Magic Player's Guide asked for $5000, Metamorphosis Alpha asked for $10,000, Rappan Athuk $25,000 and Mythic Hero $33,000. Only Rappan Athuk beat $55,000. To conclude that you can solidly beat the amounts that Metamorphosis Alpha and Dwimmermount brought in seems a bit irrational.

Last edited:

pauljathome

First Post
I'm sure it'll be just as good as the original. When the designer uses the word "forward" instead of "foreword", I can tell it'll be of the same quality we remember.

The one claim that I think that I'm most amazed by is the claim that it had nearly 1% of the "world market share". Presumably he is counting only Sci-Fi/Fantasy games set on a world that travels the galaxies and has Bears shooting laser beams from their eyes :).

Still, 52 backers at this point which is about 53 more than I'd have expected :)

It's infamous enough that I want a copy, but he's asking $55,000.

Well, with $55K, maybe he will employ an ditor.

I mean an editor.

In fairness, I often make the same mistake in spelling foreword, but then I double check what I have written and employ a spellchcker.

I mean a spellchecker.

Synnibarr was home to some good ideas, just horribly executed. Like a musician whose written a good song, but keeps dropping his guitar during performancas.

I mean performances.

It's infamous enough that I want a copy, but he's asking $55,000.

Well, with $55K, maybe he will employ an ditor.

I mean an editor.

In fairness, I often make the same mistake in spelling foreword, but then I double check what I have written and employ a spellchacker.

I mean a spellchecker.

Synnibarr was home to some good ideas, just horribly executed. Like a musician whose written a good song, but keeps dropping his guitar during performancos.

I mean performances.

The one claim that I think that I'm most amazed by is the claim that it had nearly 1% of the "world market share".

I thought that was a joke. And I have to admit, I like the flying-grizzlies with laser-shooting eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases