4E WotC's D&D Virtual Table Cancelled - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    This VTT project has been cursed from the start.

First they got caught lifting the graphics for the 3D dice from Fantasy Grounds, then the lead programmer was killed in a domestic incident.

It was forgotten until it's recent resurrection as a VTT without any 3d elements and without the tools you would need to bring your own group, your own maps, your own tokens to the table.

It never stood a chance.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block Dark Mistress

° Friend+
    Shame for all the 4E DDI fans that was looking forward to it. I do agree WotC really should have given more warning for people to get information since they can't export it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampolitor View Post
    wow, some of you act surprised, that's why I never signed up for anything online that wizards does. They never fully support anything that they do, feels like they all have ADD over there.
    I wish they did have ADD over there. Then maybe they would have learned some coping strategies.

Frankly, they're more like the worst Kender players. Someone (or something) over there is constantly distracted by shiny objects. They are constantly eschewing anything that looks like people might want to use for shiny objects that are worthless to the rest of us.

If this was the only example, I'd be fine with it. But Mastertools? Their best software tool was E-tools from Codemonkey Publishing. Codemonkey!

You know I could live with a lot of things. I'm a fanboy. It's my screen name. .NET? O.k. Subscriptions? Sure. Silverlight? O.k.

But you know what? Pick one. Stick with it.

And for all that is good and holy, read The Mythical Man-Month.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block Frylock

° Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampolitor View Post
    wow, some of you act surprised, that's why I never signed up for anything online that wizards does. They never fully support anything that they do, feels like they all have ADD over there.
    WotC has done a lot with the character builder, and there is a ton of varied content presented in Dungeon and Dragon magazines, appealing to all sorts of interests among the 4e players. These are important pieces of the DDI, so making such a sweeping statement of neglect on the part of WotC is unfair.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews

° Block Zaukrie

° Friend+
    I don't know, Dungeon is a shell of its former self. Not deity articles. No demon lord articles. Less adventures. And Dragon is just ok. I can't recall the last article that I just couldn't stop reading.

All I really use anymore is the monster builder. If I played, I'd probably use the character builder. But I'm not sure those two alone are worth the money anymore.

I'm hoping they are redirecdting their digital development to 5e and just aren't telling us that's what they are doing, to protect from not completing promises as they did with 4e's digital products.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block Frylock

° Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaukrie View Post
    I don't know, Dungeon is a shell of its former self. Not deity articles. No demon lord articles. Less adventures. And Dragon is just ok. I can't recall the last article that I just couldn't stop reading.
    Overall, I don't read most of the articles per issue, but I never expect to want to do that. They're not catering to me as an individual. They're dealing with a large, diverse market, some of which is being well-served by 3PPs (free and fee-based). Your point on demon lord articles really hits home for me, but again, it's not about me; it's about everyone, and if they're selling enough DDI subscriptions to justify their approach, and if requests for articles doesn't include the articles they aren't publishing, they're not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaukrie View Post
    All I really use anymore is the monster builder. If I played, I'd probably use the character builder. But I'm not sure those two alone are worth the money anymore.
    A fair point, but I hope you see that it's not the point I was addressing. They're trying. Whether they're succeeding is another question, and the subjective answer varies from person to person. With the number of subscriptions they're apparently selling, I'd say they're doing a good job of dealing with their market regardless of whether any one of us individually feels left out.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

° Block DLIMedia

° Friend+
    Don't know if this has been posted yet - I admit I'm in a hurry - but Game Table Online, the subcontracted developers of WotC's VT, say they are going to take over the VT and host it on their site.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews

° Block Johnny3D3D

° Friend+
    I make my perception roll and am not surprised for this round.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayCMG

° Block Mark CMG

° Friend+
    It's a shame they can't enable exporting as a goodwill gesture.

Quick Reply Quick Reply