Pathfinder RPG To Slay A Dragon: a traditional adventure for PATHFINDER RPG Kickstarter Project

+ Log in or register to post

Hybrid View

Harrrbinger

To Slay A Dragon: a traditional adventure for PATHFINDER RPG Kickstarter Project

LESS THAN AN HOUR TO GO! DON'T MISS OUT! NOW WITH ADDED D&D 4E STRETCH GOAL!

To Slay A Dragon: a traditional adventure for PATHFINDER RPG : Do you remember D&D adventures which consisted solely of trekking to a dragon’s lair and slaying it, old-school style? Have you fond memories of the NIGHT BELOW boxed set - in particular the first book which details the area of Haranshire and the various goings-on there?

If you love the idea of a small village setting, detailed with various plot hooks and sub-quests, followed by a good-old fashioned hex-crawl and a dragon slaying, this adventure is for you! It’s NIGHT BELOW crossed with THE HOBBIT. Kinda.

TO SLAY A DRAGON for the PATHFINDER RPG is divided into three parts:

THE ILLS OF HENGISTBURY details the village of Hengistbury and its environs. Numerous small quests and hooks bring the area alive.

THE JOURNEY details the trek to Skull Mountain, the lair of the dragon. A traditional journey across a hex-map, with random encounters and notable locations along the way. The party will be harrassed by the dragon’s kobold spies as they get closer to their destination.

INTO THE DRAGON’s LAIR details the lair of the dragon (a volcano, of course!) and the dragon itself, along with its kobold minions.

TO SLAY A DRAGON is an adventure written by Russell “MORRUS” Morrissey, owner of EN World.

For more RPG Kickstarter projects, check out RPG Kickstarters.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Morrus; Thursday, 9th August, 2012 at 05:01 PM.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Ignore Whizbang Dustyboots
    Heh, Morrus, this was the original idea of my entire Midwood campaign. (Although it's since gone wildly off the rails, hex-crawl style.) Where were you six years ago with this?
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/213067-unified-theory-gnomes.html

Cool, pledged.

I can sure use an old school style hex crawl (since I never played one, we only did old school dungeon crawl when we were kids).

Warder
    I LIKE COMBAT AS WAR!!!!!!

the essence of D&D is "The thrill of victory the agony of a natural 1" - Mike Mearls, Gen Con 2012

Starting From the Ground Up - ACKS Economic system
    Starting From the Grounds Up, Part II - ACKS Economic system

I would pledge it for a promise to make a 5e book later.

Night below book 1 is one of the best adventures ive played or DMed. So...

(Or do it at least for 3.5 please)

The Guvnor
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Blog Entries
    13th Age Superman Circvs Maximvs ENnies Pathfinder ZEITGEIST Doctor Who

Ignore Morrus
    Quote Originally Posted by UngeheuerLich View Post
    I would pledge it for a promise to make a 5e book later.)
    I can't promise that. I have no idea what the 5E licensing situation will be.

How many pages is it intended to be?

I am really wanting to get something that suits a straightforward 3.5 e6 play. This looks close.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    I can't promise that. I have no idea what the 5E licensing situation will be.
    I know.

I hope 5e will be open for that.

+ Log in or register to post