To Slay A Dragon: a traditional adventure for PATHFINDER RPG Kickstarter Project

H

Harrrbinger

LESS THAN AN HOUR TO GO! DON'T MISS OUT! NOW WITH ADDED D&D 4E STRETCH GOAL!

To Slay A Dragon: a traditional adventure for PATHFINDER RPG : Do you remember D&D adventures which consisted solely of trekking to a dragon’s lair and slaying it, old-school style? Have you fond memories of the NIGHT BELOW boxed set - in particular the first book which details the area of Haranshire and the various goings-on there?

If you love the idea of a small village setting, detailed with various plot hooks and sub-quests, followed by a good-old fashioned hex-crawl and a dragon slaying, this adventure is for you! It’s NIGHT BELOW crossed with THE HOBBIT. Kinda.

TO SLAY A DRAGON for the PATHFINDER RPG is divided into three parts:

THE ILLS OF HENGISTBURY details the village of Hengistbury and its environs. Numerous small quests and hooks bring the area alive.

THE JOURNEY details the trek to Skull Mountain, the lair of the dragon. A traditional journey across a hex-map, with random encounters and notable locations along the way. The party will be harrassed by the dragon’s kobold spies as they get closer to their destination.

INTO THE DRAGON’s LAIR details the lair of the dragon (a volcano, of course!) and the dragon itself, along with its kobold minions.

TO SLAY A DRAGON is an adventure written by Russell “MORRUS” Morrissey, owner of EN World.

photo-full.jpg

For more RPG Kickstarter projects, check out RPG Kickstarters.

Attachments

• photo-full.jpg
    photo-full.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 712
Last edited by a moderator:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Heh, Morrus, this was the original idea of my entire Midwood campaign. (Although it's since gone wildly off the rails, hex-crawl style.) Where were you six years ago with this?

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Cool, pledged.

I can sure use an old school style hex crawl (since I never played one, we only did old school dungeon crawl when we were kids).

Warder

I would pledge it for a promise to make a 5e book later.

Night below book 1 is one of the best adventures i´ve played or DMed. So...

(Or do it at least for 3.5 please)

Blackwarder

Adventurer
40% up to get it going!

My only nitpick is that the dragon minions are kobolds, I would much rather have them being goblinoids, that would really be nostalgic (not to mention Tolkinist)

Warder

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How many pages is it intended to be?

I am really wanting to get something that suits a straightforward 3.5 e6 play. This looks close.

I'm not too familiar with e6. I know the concept, but not the details. Does it make any major rule changes? If it's just playing up to 6th level, then this'll work perfectly.

Pagecount is going to be in the 100+page range (depending what font size the layout artist goes with and how much art we include - the same text could be 50 pages or 300), roughly. Part of that depends on the funds raised, but we're basically talking three regular-sized adventures in one book.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
40% up to get it going!

My only nitpick is that the dragon minions are kobolds, I would much rather have them being goblinoids, that would really be nostalgic (not to mention Tolkinist)

That's easy enough to change, though! Both kobolds and goblins are pretty simple monster.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases