HM's Rise of the Runelords - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I just got my huge copy of RotRL and downloaded both the new Player's Guide and the pdf of the first module (oddly it is written for 3.5 rules) so I am ready to talk group composition/character gene.

First I only have two spots because two have been already filled.
@Mowgli @Disposable Hero

Are our first two players and I had hoped for a few others too but no responses. But I'm sure there are two others out there willing to play.

I just hope everyone is willing to put up with my odd ball character gene rules. (see below)

Ok please read the character gene and other oddities and get back with your concepts.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character gene

First (and much to Mowgli's happiness) we will be using the Gestalt Rules for this.I wish to use them as is and that means most notably the only one spell casting class allowed.

Second (much to everyone's chagrin) I have the four characters pick out, just not stated out. Please see the party below. It will be up to all of you to make them into a group that can take on goblins, undead, and giants. This will not be first come first to get the character they want. I hope you all can build this up as a group.

Here are the guidelines for developing the pics below:

Character Gene:
Sources: CORE, APG, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Combat
Ability Scores: 20 pt buy
Race: Human. (sorry) Please pick their homeland and a free +2/+2 feat to ease the pain.
Class: Any, but summoner, ninja, samurai, and gunslinger.
Skills and Feats: Normal rules plus the free feat listed above.
HP: Max from one class and half HP from the second (example fighter/wizard = 13 HP + con, feats, etc). Max per level from lowest HD class after that.
Traits: Pick three traits - one of which must be a campaign trait from the Player's Guide
Buy Equipment: Max starting gold for both classes. Again to ease some pain.
Details: Normal

Happy party building.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The party....

7548575214_da59d2df5d.jpg
7548576810_83594d0c68.jpg

7548577608_2f90bb6ccc.jpg
7548578446_a281ed5d8b.jpg

HM

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
I'm all about the ranger sir...which you already knew. What class to combine it with...rogue or fighter maybe...maybe barbarian.

*EDIT: After some thought I'm thinking of ranger (skirmisher)/inquisitor of Adabar with the Leadership subdomain. The backstory is he travels around city clearing out the monsters and such in the area.

Its not expected to create a character based off the picture right? Stupid question I know. I was thinking of making a switch hitter ranger (skirmisher)/inquisitor using a greatsword or falchion.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Mowgli had asked me in a PM if I would be interested in asking you if I could get in on this. The answer was yes, but I forgot to mention it. If you would prefer to have someone else, giving my reasoning in agitating for Kingmaker, that would be entirely justified. But I would be happy to play in the updated original Adventure Path otherwise.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So which one is the ranger?

7551793688_1d1e432f6f_t.jpg
ranger(urban)/rogue(charlatan)

7551794518_15f0e6da46_t.jpg
ranger(infiltrator/skirmisher)/cleric of Gorum

7551795796_48a6afd4e4_t.jpg
ranger/fighter(two weapon master)

7551796912_cbc3e8f26c_t.jpg
ranger(shapeshifter/skirmisher)/witch

Lots of potential to go crazy and get your brain rolling.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
My favorite combos...

7551793688_1d1e432f6f_t.jpg
rogue/inquisitor of Cayden Cailean(charm)

7551794518_15f0e6da46_t.jpg
barbarian(invulnerable rager)/bard(arcane duelist)

7551795796_48a6afd4e4_t.jpg
ranger(guide/skirmisher)/cleric of Erastil

7551796912_cbc3e8f26c_t.jpg
sorcerer(arcane)/monk(weapon adept-temple sword)

There are other combos but these I like the most.

HM

Lots of potential to go crazy and get your brain rolling.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm interested, but which of the 4 are still available?

So far they all are. I guess maybe I can have everyone pic there two favorite concepts/picture.

Mowgli had asked me in a PM if I would be interested in asking you if I could get in on this. The answer was yes, but I forgot to mention it. If you would prefer to have someone else, giving my reasoning in agitating for Kingmaker, that would be entirely justified. But I would be happy to play in the updated original Adventure Path otherwise.

NP so far we will see who takes enough of an interest to post a few concepts and work with the other players to help form a group.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases