HM's Rise of the Runelords - OOC

Rhun

First Post
Ok here's what I have after looking over characters. Please recheck my math as it has never been my strong suit.

Chase
- Class: I like Forester or maybe Woodsman
- Also you need to take either skirmisher or trapper as a ranger archtype to negate the extra spell casting. And since we don't have anyone in the group with trapfinding, trapper may be a good choice here.
- need to pick nationality and then a native language
- arrows, durable is fan created content but since I allowed Shayuri a little leeway I guess I will allow their use.
- overspent by 100gp; starting gp should be 540 (300 ranger + 240 cleric)- Kudos for the masterwork tools idea I like it.
- flatfoot lists armor as +4 should be +3
- campaign trait ideas - monster hunter or Favored Son Belor Hemlock(town sheriff). Outlander missionary works for the cleric angle and might be a good choice as well.
- under spells and domains add a line for Concentration checks: Should be +5 at the moment

Will get the changes made.

Shayuri

First Post
Ok here's what I have after looking over characters. Please recheck my math as it has never been my strong suit.

Shayuri's nameless character

- Class: Something with an Osirion flair would work here... Ruin Walker, Truthseeker, Dawn Disciple, etc. and then should be listed as your favored class
- Scholar is not from an approved source - but will allow the feat.
- Jolt is a rare cantrip but will allow it (but you have used up almost all your leeway ;) )
- Still need equipment

Her name is Khepri, which means 'morning sun.' She is of the Bennet'embare (ben-net em-bar-ay), which sort of means 'daughters of yesterday' though I likely have the Egyptian grammar completely wrong. Fortunately, it's fantasy so I get to make it up and not care. :)

The Bennet'Embare are a monastic sect of women living in a sacred mountain in Osirion. They were founded as lorekeepers, but trained a militant order for self defense and, later, for exploration and uncovering new lore. In keeping with their ascetic tradition which was originally to prevent themselves from being attractive targets for bandits and raiders, their militant order are almost entirely monks.

Khepri was born in the sacred mountain, her mother a war refugee who died of infection shortly afterwards. She was raised by the sisters, and joined the militant order; having little natural gift for study. Her gift for magic awakened later in life, as she trained, and incorporated it into the discipline of self-perfection the monks taught her.

Even the sisters of battle are expected to contribute scholastically though, and what Khepri lacked in raw talent, she made up for in steadfast dedication. The sisters knew that tasks given her would be done, perhaps not as quickly as by some, but inevitably. She worked harder than just about anyone, and learned a great deal...as was expected for one of the Daughters.

In the end, she focused her studies not on the tombs of the ancient god-kings, or the ruins of the old empires in Osirion. Though they were rich subjects, they were also well-explored. Generations had been born, lived, and died studying those places, decyphering their secrets, and plundering their riches. Khepri wished to find something new. Something unique...in a far off land where most of the Daughters lacked the martial training or magical ability to tread safely.

She learned of old Thassilon and was instantly hooked. She poured herself into every book and every record the Daughters had, learning everything she could...and finally set out to see it for herself.

Her first port of call...Sandpoint.

Here's the equipment...to be added to sheet shortly.

Equipment
Money: 35gp 9sp

Explorer's Outfit
Backpack, 2gp, 2lbs
Adventurer's Sash, 20gp, 3lbs
Bedroll, 1sp, 5lbs
Compass, 10gp, 1/2lb
Small Steel Mirror, 10gp, 1/2lb
50' silk rope, 10gp, 5lbs
Waterskin, 1gp, 4lbs

Blank Journal (50 pages), 10gp, 1lb
Pathfinder Chronicle (Dungeoneering), 50gp, 1lb
Ink (3oz), 24gp, -
Inkpens (10), 1gp
Scroll Cases (4), 4gp, 2lbs
Paper (5 sheets), 2gp, -

As for the leeway...I apologize. I was working from the SRD, and didn't pay attention to source. Thank you for allowing it, since it's part of what is letting me make an Intelligence 10 "scholar" who is decent at her job. :)

I didn't realize there were such things as rare cantrips, but I don't have a problem changing Jolt to something else. Lightning just fit the 'celestial magic' theme better than acid, I thought.

I'll go over the equipment and check the sources, just to make sure. The SRD updates so frequently, and includes everything from every book...so it's easy to neglect that when using it. :)

Hell's bells...right off the bat I found some stuff I can't have. DOH. Okay. I'll remove the Pathfinder Chronicle and the Adventurer's Sash, and find something else to spend 70gp on that's in-theme. :)

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
They are at the beginning of the Anniversary Edition RotRL PG. The original PG and the AE PG are completely different documents. The latter is meant as a supplement for the former, I believe.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great start in the IC everyone. I will advance it along here soon.

As to questions/statements.

Rhun's question seems answered, but also I need you to post your character in the RG.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/325839-hms-rise-runelords-rg.html

Great work on the background Shayuri (as always). Is the class name Bennet'Embare?

About the 70gp - 50gp gets you a potion of healing and 20gp gets you a flask of alchemist fire. Or you could get a masterwork tool 55gp maybe a book on aberrations and the effects of time on underground structures (i.e. +2 to Dungenoerring)

Flatfooted AC still off Kaodi

"AC Flatfooted: 16 = 13 + 3 (armor) + 0 (shield) + 0 (misc)"

That should be 10 and the total should be 13

After that Wesh is good to go.

Mowgli I think the HL adds the masterwork backpack and the waterproof bag weights twice. I could be wrong but adding up all the items separately gives me 53lbs.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NP not need yet.

Could you do me a bigger favor and check out my 3 encounter LPF adventure Ogre in the Rushes

please, please, please

I'll help you along with your conversion to the other sheet format. :D

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases