HM's Rise of the Runelords - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ah good - "The league is set." -SC LoEG

Party:

Kaodi - Character [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] Knife Master/Mobile Fighter
Mowgli - Character #2 ???/??? ( I still like barbarian[invulnerable rager]/bard[arcane duelist]) or barbarian/magus
Disposable Hero - Character #3 ranger(skirmisher)/inquisitor of Abadar
Shayuri - Character [URL=http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] Empyreal Sorceror/Monk
Rhun - Character #5 Cleric of Erastil/???

The RG is here to throw your character into...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/325839-hms-rise-runelords-rg.html

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
When did you want to play a monk/sorcerer??? But then again what combo don't you want to try. :p

HM

Was waiting for official word you'd started recruiting - didn't want to drive you crazy with PMs :lol:

Just didn't expect the combo of your gen rules (which aren't nearly so crazy as mine usually are) and getting to the party late.

Fenris

Adventurer
Was waiting for official word you'd started recruiting - didn't want to drive you crazy with PMs :lol:

Just didn't expect the combo of your gen rules (which aren't nearly so crazy as mine usually are) and getting to the party late.

For the record, I think having character portraits started and making characters to fit them is pretty cool, especially with gestalt rules, since you can do just about anything really.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hmmm. Already playing a greatsword wielding girl barbarian that I really like. Already playing a Magus even though I'm not certain I like the class - and I for sure don't like a two-handed weapon Magus as that eliminates a major class feature.

Still thinking . . .

Fenris

Adventurer
Hmmm. Already playing a greatsword wielding girl barbarian that I really like. Already playing a Magus even though I'm not certain I like the class - and I for sure don't like a two-handed weapon Magus as that eliminates a major class feature.

Still thinking . . .

You know, just because she is holding the sword with two hands doesn't make it a greatsword. Maybe it is a bastard sword and she is wielding it two handed to get the extra damage but at she can wield it one handed to use Magus powers.

Kaodi

Hero
Theoretically she might make a good wind oracle.

In any case, I am not quite sure what to do with background. I am of the Favoured Son (Tavern Owner) campaign trait, which would make him a friend of Ameiko Kaijitsu. But I am going to be trying to tie something together with Mowgli's character, so it would be good to hear what he is thinking first.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Theoretically she might make a good wind oracle.

In any case, I am not quite sure what to do with background. I am of the Favoured Son (Tavern Owner) campaign trait, which would make him a friend of Ameiko Kaijitsu. But I am going to be trying to tie something together with Mowgli's character, so it would be good to hear what he is thinking first.

Think you're looking at the wrong Player's Guide ;). Ameiko is in Jade Regent . . .

I'll likely be going with Giant Slayer. She's an Urban Barbarian, started her life in one of the Shaonti tribes (probably Wind Clan) but when her tribe was destroyed by the Giants she took up with (prostituted herself to? resisted when they tried to force her into prostitution?) a caravan/trader, made it to a town, joined the militia and got his "Fighter base." Learned to read and write, got a rudimentary education, and is now ready to . . . hunt down the giants who killed her tribe?

Will that work for what you're thinking? There are a few places in there our characters could have hooked up.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Think you're looking at the wrong Player's Guide ;). Ameiko is in Jade Regent . . .
Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide said:
Ameiko Kaijitsu: Ex-adventurer and proprietor of the Rusty Dragon inn, rebellious daughter to nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu.
Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide said:
In addition to the following campaign traits, the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s Guide has a selection of campaign traits from James Jacobs’ “Shadows under Sandpoint” campaign that would also be appropriate for use in this campaign (see page 330 of that book).
Advanced Player's Guide (PRD) said:
Tavern Owner: One of the town’s most influential and beloved nobles. Her inn/tavern is the most popular in town, and as one of her friends, you're guaranteed a place to eat and sleep for free. She's got lots of great contacts with merchants as well, and she'll sell any of your loot for you—as a result, you gain an additional 10% over the amount of gp you normally would get from selling off treasure.

;)

Perhaps your character was also a regular at the Rusty Dragon. But having come to Sandpoint from further afield, she does not enjoy quite the same standing with the locals that mine do. So perhaps they have been drinking buddies at least for a while now, and sparring partners as well, if is a fellow dual-wielder. I was originally going to make him Chelaxian, but perhaps if he is at half-Varisian, or even full Varisian, that would help explain how they are able to get along, sharing that distant kinship.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases