HM's Rise of the Runelords - OOC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hmmm. I don't have the original Player's Guide, only the Anniversary Edition. I guess I assumed that traits from the original wouldn't be used. I also missed the bit about the Shadows Under Sandpoint - I'll have to give that a look-see as well.

Pretty cool that they used Ameiko in both campaigns.

Drinking buddies/sparring partners works for me. I don't have a name yet, but I'm thinking she'll use an Elven Curve Blade or an Aldori Dueling Sword rather than dual-wielding. She'll be a tall, intimidating Shaonti Wind-Clan barbarian - but in spite of her wiry/muscular build she's an acrobatic, finesse fighter.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. I have the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, but it doesn't list any traits. It has some Varisia-specific feats, but no traits.

Did I download the wrong file?

EDIT - Looked again, found 20th Anniversary Edition. Situation resolved. :)

Scholar of the Ancients it is!

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
You guys have been very busy since I've been asleep and at work.

Ok so I got the dual axe guy and I'll get him done today asap so we can do some rp.

EDIT: Also had to look up the 'new' player's guide...I'll go with Giant Slayer trait. Do we have someone going with cleric? Also do you want us to post twice in the RG HM?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, "minor" :D rework. Koadi mentioned a Wind Oracle, and as I was falling asleep last night that jived in my brain (finally) with the whole Shaonti Wind Clan thing.

I'm looking into Haunted Wind Oracle//Mobile Aldori Swordlord. This is primarily fluff driven at this point - the story was coalescing in my head as I fell asleep and I haven't really looked at the mechanics of it yet.

(Bereft of Clan and Home by the ravaging Giants and harried by the mischievous ghosts of her kin, Jeyan wandered the length and breadth of Varisia in search of any who could train her, mold her into a weapon for the slaying of the Giants who destroyed her world. Or something like that.

She'll end up at the Rusty Dragon, hanging out with Koadi's character and honing her skills.)

I'm off to work on her now. I'll be headed to The Deadlands this afternoon and won't have internet access until I get back tomorrow afternoon, so I'm also trying to catch up on all my games this morning.

I'm fired up! I've wanted to play Runelords pretty much since Pathfinder was first released - thanks for putting it together for us, HM!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION] - I'm surely open to a more lengthy friendship between our characters than just hanging out for the past few weeks/months if you want. Haven't read the Favored Son trait so I don't know how much leeway you have as far as a history of travel, but Jeyan could easily have been in Sandpoint for a good while now if that makes it easier.

Disposable Hero

First Post
@HolyMan -Are you planning on revealing the enemies AC and HP so we can post some good fluff for hits and what not?

@Mowgli - I'm open to a more in depth background tie as well. The thoughts behind my character I had is that his home was attacked by giants and now he wonders the countryside killing things that threaten the good folk.

Rhun

First Post
Ok then.Thanks to the both of you.

Rhun take the above pic to build your character concept. And we'll get some much needed channeling in this adventure.

Do you have any preference for the second class? I'm thinking since Erastil is god of hunters as one of his aspects, so I was thinking of adding Ranger (archery focused) as his second class. But I don't want to step on any toes.

Rhun

First Post
I think [MENTION=29098]Rhun[/MENTION] is going to play a Cleric (Hey, Matthew! Good to be in another game with you!)

Thanks, Mike!

Does anyone have a copy of the Players Guide? I think I had it at one point, but can't seem to find it now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sounds good, DH. I don't have Jeyan's personal details hammered out yet - she'll either have to have started young or be older than the 16 or 17 years I originally envisioned for her. Either way, we can have interaction anywhere from never met but our mutual background gives us an instant connection, through having run into each other several times in our travels, to have been traveling companions over the past few years (either in one long stretch or several times for shorter "hook-ups" as a matter of convenience or shared goals).

Working on getting her skills/feats/etc. to match the fluff I've envisioned for her without crippling her ability to survive early levels.

Remove ads