HM's Rise of the Runelords - OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Awesome, thanks guys. Did a little research and found there's a monestary of Irori (or whatever the monk god is...doing 3 things at once here) in Osirion, so that works perfectly.

Sacrificed some up-front combat bang power for higher skill levels in some central Knowledges (Arcana and History), and to set up for gaining a familiar at 3rd level...which is a bit involved for a sorceror who uses Wis as a primary attribute. :)

Sacrifices had to be made, but I think she'll be okay.

The sword is still a bit inexplicable, sadly. Couldn't find a trait that gives a weapon proficiency, and I can't spare a feat yet. Maybe it's just for show? Or maybe I'll find a monk variant that uses swords and doesn't sacrifice stuff that I want...far from finished yet.

Doing equipment now. 180 gold is actually a little hard to spend when you don't use weapons or armor. :)

Right now the character is shaping up to be a ranged skirmisher type in combat. High AC and can use 3 different ranged attacks. Jolt, Heavenly Fire (can also heal if you're GOOD), or Magic Missile. In melee she hasn't got any bonus until she picks up weapon finesse, so that'll be avoided for now. :)

Damn hard to hit though. Monk AC + Sorceror buffs.

Kaodi

Hero
Tell me about it. 540 gp can be tough to spend when you use multiple weapons, especially thrown ones you may have to leave behind. Fortunately though it is plenty of money to afford a Masterwork Backpack. Every pound counts when you have to keep track.

Shayuri

First Post
Bam! Found something.

Trick is that it's an excerpt from the Advanced Race book, which is not on the list of approved sources. Here's the SRD link:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/human/wanderer-monk-human

The Wanderer monk trades some monk abilities for some extra weapon proficiencies and languages as well as some quasi-bardic inspiration ability and a few other spiffs.

I think it'd work very well for this character, who is traveling the world to chase down ancient knowledge and relics.

Let me know what you think, HM...if it's acceptable or not. If not, no big deal. :)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Or you could use the temple sword, like HM suggested. Monks are proficient, this is listed under the weapon description and they can use it with flurry of blows. One problem though, its not finessable.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It's a cool archtype but I'd like to keep the can of worms sealed as it were. You could still be " wander(ing) the world in humility to learn and to share wisdom and philosophy from their teachers with those they meet, often aiding those who are in need."

Just no need for the crunch.

The sword also need not stay forever (like DH- and the axes) It may be a temple sword and she uses it to trip more than attack here at lower levels so she can then get out of melee (which you said you wish to avoid).

Or it could just be to beat the DR of zombies.

Without burning a feat it could be a temple sword or heirloom weapon.

Oh and the cat doesn't need to be a familiar you could just spend the 8gp for a pet, maybe get it awakened later in the game. You do have extra gold. ;)

HM

Disposable Hero

First Post
I think I'm going with the orc double axe if thats alright HM, to start off with that is, I have an idea of how he came across the double axe and sticks with the dual axe idea.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I've got Jeyanah Asasehn (changed her name slightly to better fit the published naming conventions) all finished up; can't post her yet 'cause I'm still in the Deadlands (posting this from my phone).

I didn't write either of her PC associations into her background other than a brief mention of making 'many friends' in her journeys - we can talk those out OOC and RP them to our hearts content.

Went with Wind Oracle//Mobile Fighter (couldn't use Aldori Swordlord because 1) it shares substituted abilities with MF and 2) it's in the Inner Sea World Guide, not in the list of allowed sources.

Using Elven Curve Blade, and have a modified portrait I'm eager to share . . . (The original picture was still my inspiration, HM :p)

I'll get her sheet - including background - posted tonight.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Temple swords look like oversized sickles, with very curved blades. The pic is clearly not a temple sword. :)

And she'd be better off just disengaging than trying to trip to avoid melee.

Anyway, I'm not gonna stress over it. Pic doesn't have to be 100% accurate.

Disposable Hero

First Post
I'm still trying to come up with a name...I have an idea what I want as far as his background and I'll proably be going with orc double axe to start of with some flavor text in his background on how he came across the axe.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jenayah's up in the RG - sort of. Didn't have time yet to put her in HM's official format, but there's a decent PDF character sheet attached, and I put her history and a pic up.

Looks like she'll be the "baby" of the lot at 17, but she may be the biggest as well (she's 6' 2" tall and a wiry 175 lbs). She's pretty well traveled - she's been on walkabout for the last three years, so there's plenty of room in her background to have previous acquaintances with Wesh as well as with DH's character (and anyone else's, for that matter).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases