[Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)

renau1g

First Post
Having successfully sealed the rift in the magical bag, the party travels back to the Hanged Man flush with victory and see a large group milling about at the entrance, a bugbear, a dwarf and other adventuring types are speaking to a deva, more like mobbing, but no matter, the party passes by and grabs a seat.

No sooner have you ordered a drink then a middle-aged woman enters the tavern, her face full of dirt and caked blood, her right arm hangs limply at her side and her hair is in frightful shape.

She stumbles over to your table, and tries to speak, but her throat is too parched to get the words out. She takes a drink from the closest glass, no, not a drink, but rather a huge gulp that leaves her coughing and with water now drenching her simple clothing.

"Are you....*cough* Are you able to help a desperate woman? You look like able adventurers" she states, nearly collapsing in a seat.

[sblock=ooc]
Alrighty, here we go.

Cast:
1. Lilli: Level 5 Gnome [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION]
2. Malakai: Level 4 Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] <- the sacrificial lamb
3. Artemis Hark: Level 5 Human Hexblade Warlock [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]
4. Dina: Level 7 Deva Artificer-Warlord @@Morrus;
5. Nathantiel Xiloscient: Level 7 Elf Druid (Protector) [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]
6. Lerrick: Level 6 Half-Elf Cleric [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]

If you can please include an updated stat block here in your first post I'll get your mini's set-up in Maptools (unless I use google docs Excel, you guys/gals have a preference?)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli just about managed to snatch up the remains of her customary small beer without spilling any on herself as the distressed woman suddenly sat down on the stool she'd being using as table.

"Er, be our guest and take the world off your feet; why don't you tell us about it? A problem shared is a problem split seven-fold, or well, something like that," said Lilli with an eventual grin, though it became a little fixed when an unspoken realisation popped into her head.

"Wait, which brave heroic fool ordered water in this hole?"

[sblock=Ministats:]
Lilli

Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 5.
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 7/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic. Dwarven.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Fade Away
Second Wind
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Use Vulnerability
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Horrid Whispers
Shield
Maze of Mirrors
Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
Majestic Word
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Lilli Chibi.png
    Lilli Chibi.png
    21 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: until Kruk gets his grumpy smelly butt out of the tavern Lerrick can't be there. But Lerrick will get the info from Artemis.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina is in the Hanged Man, but you know she is in another room taking care of business of her own.

OOC: Dina is currently hiring other adventurers but will be with you in a moment.

[sblock=Dina's Stats]Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 6
Passive Perception 17, Passive Insight 17
AC 21, Fort 15, Reflex 19, Will 22
HP 49/49, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike
Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [], Shocking Feedback [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [], Inspiring Word [x], Adaptive Stratagem [], Animate Helper [], Bold Victory Armor []
Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Destructive Surprise [], Philosopher's Crown [], Power Jewel [][/sblock]

[sblock=Image Link]Dina's image[/sblock]

OOC: EDIT: Forgot to mention that I prefer Google Docs because it lets you keep the map up-to-date. I even use a version that allows you to enter your attack rolls and be notified of hits and misses.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis, maligned as he is by an overdeveloped sense of chivalry, stands immediately at the poor lady's dramatic entrance.

"By the stars, woman, are you alright? Is that blood on your face? Are you injured? Of course we'll help...
(muttering) well, maybe not Malakai... what happened?"

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
Resist 5 cold

HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 5 squares,
Languages: Common, Primordial

Action Point: 1

Second Wind: unused

Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
Wield the Warp 1 2, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Frostwolf Pelt, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally [/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] use any human picture you want for Artie. I can never get one to upload right. @dimsdale I think it is okay for characters to be in the bar for short periods of time as long as they don't interact. in this instance, you are both leaving post haste

edit: no map preference

OOC: Copied from the Hanged Man...

Malakai notes the commotion from the inn's "big shots" and gives a decided "humf" indifference. However, he does take note that so quickly after helping to dispatch those demons in the Rift, that she was...hiring adventurers? Just where did she come up with the cash for that!?

The hooded Tiefling, wanting to get closer and get more information slinks away from his table to get closer when suddenly, he is sprayed in the face by a mouthful of water from a girl at the bar...

Reminding himself that the girl could be a potential employer...and not just some unlucky person wanting to become victim to an incredibly horrific house fire...he takes a moment to wipe his face with his sleeve.

Noticing that Lilli was already speaking to the girl, he decided he was right...it was someone with a job. Time to play nice...

"*Ahem* Do forgive me...I seem to have been in the way of your aquatic display and couldn't help but notice that you were speaking with one of my...associates. Is there something that you needed help with in exchange for some form of monetary or magical compensation?"

OOC: Also... this sacrificial lamb is level 4, not level 3 ;) You'll have to roll just a little higher on your damage rolls to sacrifice him to the horde =P

[sblock=Malakai's Stats] Malakai - Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) 4
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 17, Fort 17, Reflex 13, Will 20
HP 46/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/10
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Ignition
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation (Fire) 2/2, Hellfire Heart, Shield of Flames
Daily Powers: Diabolic Transformation, Black Wrath of Hell
Item Powers: Chromatic Robe Power (Encounter), Flame Bracers Poser (Daily) [/sblock]

OOC: I also prefer google docs. Seems to make combats easier on all of us.

renau1g

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] - you're fine to be in here, the Tavern thread is separate, this is an adventure thread that happens to be taking place in the Hanged Man. For continuity/"Living-ness" I had the current events tie in to our little adventure, but the rules are only that you can't have two interacting with each other, so just don't go messing with the space/time continuum by having Lerrick talk to Kruk and we'll be fine ;)

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick rushes forward to help the woman. Are you okay? Can I heal you? The clerics touches her arm before the woman can say anything. Healing warmth spreads rapidly through the woman's body. The cleric gives the woman a warm smile. How can we help you?

ooc: Lerrick is now lvl 7. :)

renau1g

First Post
"Er, be our guest and take the world off your feet; why don't you tell us about it? A problem shared is a problem split seven-fold, or well, something like that," said Lilli with an eventual grin, though it became a little fixed when an unspoken realisation popped into her head.

"*Ahem* Do forgive me...I seem to have been in the way of your aquatic display and couldn't help but notice that you were speaking with one of my...associates. Is there something that you needed help with in exchange for some form of monetary or magical compensation?"

Lerrick rushes forward to help the woman. Are you okay? Can I heal you? The clerics touches her arm before the woman can say anything. Healing warmth spreads rapidly through the woman's body. The cleric gives the woman a warm smile. How can we help you?

At the cleric's ministrations the woman seems to ease somewhat, she gingerly lifts her arm and then her eyes open wide in amazement. "By Joven's beard! It is isn't broken! It is a miracle" the woman exclaims excitedly for a moment then her eyes grow dark and she sits down again.

"My name is Catlyn, a humble servant, so if you are expecting lots of treasure or some such I have none. I still hope you can find it in your hearts to help. A darkness has spread within the home that I work in, the d'Argent family manor, whom I have happily served for years. I only managed to escape by the graces of the gods when the ruffians tried to stop me, they got a pan upside the head for their efforts. I would ask that you head to the manor and see if you can stop whatever darkness has spread throughout the home and to my dear lord, Arturas." she says.

[sblock=History DC 25/Arcana 30]
Back, several hundred years ago, even before the Five were around, the name d'Argent was associated with acclaimed warriors, virtuous paladins, many of whom earned knighthoods for their efforts to protect Daunton. However that all changed with a young scion, Orbius, a physically weak, cunning male of the family, forever living in his brothers shadow. It is unknown what happened, but several years after he reached adulthood, the man had an extremely potent gift with arcane energy, which was an oddity for their family. He had used it for good and so like his brethren received knighthood and other accolades. It was only years later that something happened to the family, they launched a campaign of terror on the island, only being stopped by a powerful coalition of the militia and some of the neighbouring isles. When the army routed the d'Argent's they retreated to their ancestral home. It was there that the location was wrapped in shadows and disappeared from the island. It is unknown what happened to the individuals within. [/sblock]

Malakai grumbles to himself a bit when Catlyn gives the disclaimer that the task given would not be rewarded monetarily. However, he wasn't quite so sure that performing this little task would be entirely at a waste. For one thing...he had yet to try out the new "toy" he had picked up from Niks place, and a couple of criminals seemed like just the victims to try it out on without being caught up in some kind of murder scandal. Secondly, while he didn't have a clue as to the history of Catlyn or the d'Argent family, a name like that had to have some kind of ties to other nobles, royals, or merchant houses. Therefore, earning the trust of a lower house such as this might bring him an earned favor in the future, and besides that, any "good light" that could be shined down upon him by the families in Daunton could only diminish suspicion of his previous actions in his last home town where he..."accidentally" burned down a half dozen or so houses...all which coincidentally were owned by wealthy older women without great eye sight, character judgement, or the ability to withstand the heat that accompanies the fires of chaos.

So... with a suspiciously "genuine" smile (and in what is likely to be a rather surprising change of character to those who he had just recently adventured with), he bows his head before Catlyn, grasps her hand and then kisses it in a gentile manner.

"It would be my great pleasure to serve you, Catlyn, and the d'Argent family in ridding your home of these unscrupulous villains that have assailed you."

[sblock=Bluff Check Results]
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases