Completed Creatures Index & Current Conversions

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Scalykind

A host of reptilians marches into the Creature Catalogue! First come the warlike gurrash lizardfolk, followed by their shazak lizardfolk rivals. Next are the chameleon men, the varkha lizardfolk, the desert-dwelling sis'thik lizardfolk and their xytar mounts, and the miniscule cayman lizardfolk and their riding lizards. Bringing up the rear are two strong swimmers, the nikt'oo and the ferry turtle.

Cleon

Legend
Scalykind

I think it's handy to include links to the creatures, like so:

Scalykind
A host of reptilians marches into the Creature Catalogue! First come the warlike gurrash lizardfolk, followed by their shazak lizardfolk rivals. Next are the chameleon men, the varkha lizardfolk, the desert-dwelling sis'thik lizardfolk and their xytar mounts, and the miniscule cayman lizardfolk and their riding lizards. Bringing up the rear are two strong swimmers, the nikt'oo and the ferry turtle.

EDIT: I'd better update the Creatures Awaiting Upload & Current Conversions list too.

Original Drafts in the General Monster Talk forum
Lizardfolk, Cayman [includes Cayman Riding Lizard]
Lizardfolk, Chameleon Man (Wallara)
Lizardfolk, Gurrash
Lizardfolk, Shazak
Lizardfolk, Sis'thik
Lizardfolk, Varkha
Nikt'oo
Turtle, Ferry
Xytar (and Camarilla)

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Another 10 creatures uploaded to the CC from the Creatures Awaiting Upload & Current Conversions:

Slimy Fun
Not all oozy monsters are mindless beasts, so this week we present the thinking man's slimes. The subterranean puddings are three cunning ambush predators, and include the infectious Dense Pudding, the corrosive Gray Pudding and the resilient Stone Pudding. Joining them underground is the Flareater, which hungers after light sources, the Slithering Hoard, which lures in its victims by masquerading as a mound of treasure, and the Death Mold, which incapacitates its prey with chocking spores. Not all slimebeasts are oozes, in wet caverns can be found the aberrations Yphoz (and Yphoz Swarm) and the vermin Scum Creeper go sliming through damp caves and putrid swamps. Moving above ground, we encounter the tyrannical Greater Gibbering Mouther in the depth of a festering jungle, surrounded by a cult of worshippers it has enslaved using the Gibberspawn it buds off its body. Going still higher, in the depth of space exists the Silver Slime, an artificial ooze created to clean and repair the buildings it lives in.

Death Mold
Dense Pudding
Flareater
Gibbering Mouther, Greater (with Gibberslug)
Gray Pudding
Scum Creeper
Silver Slime
Slithering Hoard
Stone Pudding
Yphoz and Yphoz Swarm

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Another 10 creatures uploaded to the CC from the Creatures Awaiting Upload & Current Conversions:

Arachnophilia
D&D has a long and glorious tradition of spider monsters which we honour in this week's consignment. The Xakhun drow sail the skies accompanied by their special breeds of spider; the explosive Doomspider, parachuting Drop Spider, Leaping Sword Spider, and that able sailor the Rigger Spider. The psionic Hook Spider hunts the weakest fiends of the lower planes. The Brain Spider is an aberration that feeds off cerebrums and the strange reptilian-arachnoid Wall-Walker is a deadly subterranean hunter. Our remaining entries are bizarre hybrids: the Drow Spider-Destrier is half spider, half warhorse; the Zygraat Is half spider, half hawk; and the Spyder Plant Is half spider and half liana!

Brain Spider
Drow Spider Destrier
Hook Spider
Spider, Xakhun, Doomspider
Spider, Xakhun, Drop Spider
Spider, Xakhun, Leaping Sword Spider
Spider, Xakhun, Rigger Spider
Spyder Plant
Wall-Walker
Zygraat

Last edited:

freyar

No Two the Same

No Two the Same
This week, we have a grab bag of critters, no two of which have the same type. Representing monstrous humanoids, we have the alan, the death minnow for magical beasts, and Rowan Cormaeril, this week's outsider, joins the rest of the ghazneths. The kitsune kasumi check in for the fey, facing off against the construct oculon and vermin addazahr swarm. We also have topiary plants, the tyerkow standing in for the undead. Finally, we have the aberrant xaver and humanoid yahoo.

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Elementary, My Dear Monster

Elementary, My Dear Monster
Another batch of elemental-themed creatures arrives this week. The sand warrior and stone spirit are natives to the Elemental Plane of Earth, the vortex hails from the Elemental Plane of Air, and the border between Air and Earth is the home of the dust devil. Our next pair are outer plane guardians of morally opposite but equally chaotic natures; the air sentinel is a djinni-like protector of visitors to Bytopia, while the chaos sentinel is an evil brute who's little more than a fiery watchdog. The infernites are not fiends, despite their name, but are inhabitants of distant fiery worlds in the Prime Material Plane, who sometimes visit terrestrial folk using ships that can fly through the cold of space. These magma-bodied creatures live in strictly defined castes, including the rank-and-file infernite, the infernite magician and the sorcerous infernite leader. Finally, at the opposite end of the temperature scale is the ice fiend, a creature of cold and malice. The ice fiend is an awnshegh – a mortal creature that was transformed into a monster by it absorbing the blood of a slain god of evil.

Awnshegh, Ice Fiend
Chaos Sentinel
Dust Devil
Genie, Air Sentinel
Infernite
Infernite Magician
Infernite Leader
Sand Warrior
Stone Spirit
Vortex

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
I've realised that when I cut the uploaded creatures from the Creatures Awaiting Upload & Current Conversions I removed the handy links to the original location of the monsters, which might come in handy at some stage (if only out of historical curiosity).

Therefore, I've added the links to the original "Working Copies" of the monsters to each of our batches under the title Original Drafts in the General Monster Talk forum.

freyar

Honey, I Blew Up the Microorganisms

Rick Moranis is on the loose! Someone, or something, has magnified a bunch of microbes into macrobes that might just decide to eat your PC. We have giant versions of the amoeba, ceratium, elphidium, euglena, globigerina, gonyaulax (and gonyaulax swarm), noctiluca, paramecium, and peridinium. To top it off, there's the slime mold, which has amoeboid, swarm, slug, and sporocarp forms of varying CRs. It's like high school biology run wild!

Original Drafts
Amoeba, Giant
Ceratium, Giant
Elphidium, Giant
Euglena, Giant
Globigerina, Giant
Noctiluca, Giant
Paramecium, Giant
Peridinium, Giant
Swarm, Giant Gonyaulax
Slime Mold (aka Dictyostelium)

Last edited: