[Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Kruk walks into the large warehouse, totally uncomfortable with his surroundings. He moves over to one of the items for bid, a crystal vase, and picks it up. Hmmmmmf...wonder what's this? Rotating the vase, it slips out of his hands and falls to the floor, shattering into pieces. Kruk, cringes and mumbles something under his breath. He then looks around to see if anyone saw what happened. Seeing no one, he reaches into his pouch, pulls out a fist full of gold, and places them in a stack at the location that the vase once stood. Satisfied with his work, he moves away.

Several eyes turn to Kane, horrified looks adorn the faces of their owners.

GM: How much gold did you leave? The answer whether large or small will result in some modifiers (some positive, some negative). You can make a History check if you'd like to estimate the actual value of the vase. This is not meant to punish your rp, but to put a mechanic behind them. Expect the modifiers will be likely close to balanced.

Damen rolls his eyes as the kobold flees and makes his way inside. He is impeccably dressed, as always, and putting on his full "airs" as a proper scion of one of the Founding Families. He looks over the items everyone else is looking at, an whistles softly at the collection of Screamer articles. I know a warforged that would kill us all for half of this collection. Likely say it was for Protecting us from the Doom of the Five or some nonsense. Damen chuckles, but his eyes are looking over everything.

GM: Damen looks around, but there is so much to take in, he doesn't really know where to begin. All the items on the table, all the people, yet nothing seems suspicious... Except perhaps the glances from the customs officers who were no doubt informed by Commander Paelis that Damen is quite the shady character.

Close on the Bluff check, but failures all around this time I'm afraid.

Earth stands, as if he was another item for auctioning. Meanwhile, he observes the people around him, with the eternal patience of the rock. His senses also attuned to the anatural world would sense any aberration or anti-natural event or magic happening around him.

Earth locks eyes with Senator Linarus' bodyguard. Perhaps it is because you are both keenly aware of your surroundings, but something in his gaze makes you feel ill at ease.

Oh, this looks interesting. Beatrice says picking up the recipes. Put this on their tab. She says pointing to the Kobolds.

Farnsworh Fairview looks puzzled.

"Pardon my intrusion Ma'am, but it doesn't quite work that way. First you have to outbid the others during the auction, and then you can figure out how to settle up the price."

The others are well into their discussions/investigations when the oddest site rolls in, the bugbear Kane arrives with his fur all washed and combed, the smell of strawberries drifts in the air behind him. His normally yellowed teeth are cleaned to a white splendor, and his bloodied clothes, armor and weapons are all polished, cleaned up and looking quite prestigious.

Kane walks up to the guards, does his best smile and walks in.

He wanders over to the silverware and begins inspecting the pieces, speaking to the woman next to him, "Ah, isn't these so wonderful? We gots these back at my manor home, or ones like these anyways. My name is Count Crane von Bryon, good to meet youse." he states.

OOC: bluff (1d20+6=23) to pretend he knows what he's talking about (and that he really is a Count). Good thing all of Kane's adventures have been overseas, else he may have had run ins with these folks.

Madame Redscale, the famous dragonborn matron, is currently examining the silverware as well. She extends a friendly hand towards Kane.

"Count Crane von Bryon is it? A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Perhaps if you are in town long enough you could attend one of my formal dinners. I would SO like to serve my dinner with these. THINK of all the splendid conversations we could have about them. Of course, I shall have to likewise come calling when I visit your county... where did you say it was again?"

Jarel-karn replies to Lin-Feh. "I understand why she is so intrigate by the diary. Probably it doesn't contain any obvious secrets, but for a scholar who has studied Agra The Black, you might have hint of things no one knows. It would be such a piece of collection. I think it will be the item that will be the most contested.

Have you travel here just for the auction?"

Lin-Feh responds.

"There is no distance my Countess would not travel to acquire such depth of knowledge. Hers is the most impressive library in all the known lands."

The countess turns and without a word strikes her servant across the face with the back of her hand.

"Known AND Unknown impudent girl!"

Velmont

First Post
As soon as the countess divert her attention from Lin-Feh, Jarel-karn moves his lips without speaking, telling to the servant "Sorry". He then adds, this time speaking normally "I wish your mistress and you a nice stay in Daunton."

He then starts to look at the items, and while doing try to detect any magical aura in the room.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Arcana to detect all magicla source in around him.

Bluff to pretend to be looking at the items.

Arcana; Bluff (1d20+16=35, 1d20+9=18)[/SBLOCK]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Jarel-karn detects many magical auras around him.

[sblock=auras]On the table
Silverware
Pendant
Staff

On persons
Countess Fian-Fen's Headdress and necklace
Lin-Feh's Jade Bracelet
Barthomus' Short Sword
The kobold's contraption
Whatever the PCs brought with them

Around the Area
Wards over the doors and windows[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
One of the Customs Officer's steps up.

"Well the whole point is that these items have been unclaimed by their original owners. So they are now property of the City of Daunton. Since the mayor is not here, I believe that Commander Paelis is the ranking official. Shall I fetch him?"

dimsdale

First Post
One of the Customs Officer's steps up.

"Well the whole point is that these items have been unclaimed by their original owners. So they are now property of the City of Daunton. Since the mayor is not here, I believe that Commander Paelis is the ranking official. Shall I fetch him?"

err...yes your excellency. Thank you, I must settle my error of...err...judgement. Kruk tugs his beard trying to look proper.

Son of Meepo

First Post
The customs officer leaves to fetch the commander. The rest of the crowd mumbles and whispers at the commotion being caused.

GM: Kruk is getting a lot of attention. Currently he is at -2 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Stealth, and Thievery, but is +2 to Intimidate.

However, this means that the attention is off the rest of you. Everyone except Kruk gains +2 to Bluff, Stealth, and Thievery.

Everyone gets +2 to Insight checks as everyone is reacting and not as guarded because of the incident.

All this will change once the customs officer returns with Commander Paelis.

Luinnar

First Post
Farnsworh Fairview looks puzzled.

"Pardon my intrusion Ma'am, but it doesn't quite work that way. First you have to outbid the others during the auction, and then you can figure out how to settle up the price."
Silly boy, that is what I meant! Beatrice says with a warm smile. This nice kobold will bid on it for me. She says, turning to the lone kobold and giving him an evil grin.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases