[Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD)

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Auction House

A short adventure for characters level 10-13.

OOC Thread

[sblock=Players]
Kane - Barbarian 10
Earth - Warden 10
Jarel-karn - Swordmage 12
Damen Bane - Thief 12

Beatrice - Warlord|Blackguard 11
Kruk - Fighter 11
[/sblock]

----------------------------------------------

Rules and Notes

All monsters will go on the same initiative count so that I can take their turn in one post and not hold up the game.

The players may post their actions in any order and those actions will be resolved in the order posted.

If an ally creates an effect that last until end of the next turn, please be sure that it only affects you once, no matter what order you act in.

Out of turn actions must be used before I post the next set of enemy actions. If you want to post a contingency to use an out of turn action, do so, I will try my best to remember them, but you may need to remind me.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Combat will be run through Google docs.

The map is here.

Instructions

The Dauntonian Customs Authority warehouse is mapped out (except for the catwalks above that part is in progress). Take time to familiarize yourself with it.

Please read through the terrain tutorial as the terrain is somewhat complicated. Ask questions in the OOC thread.

On the DM Only sheet, add your PC Name, initiative modifier, max hp and defenses.

Fill in the other information on the Combat sheet that is not already filled in for you.

Son of Meepo

First Post
You follow Dina into the private room. A man wearing the uniform of the Duantonian Guard is standing at the far side of the room, eye the heroes. Unlike some of your meetings, there is not food or drink set out to ply you with, but the urgency in Dina's request is indicative of in how little time this all came together.

Once everyone is inside she closes the door. The guardsman observes you at first.

"Thank you for answering my call, heroes. I am confident you are the best. Are you aware of the news of an auction in The Screamer? Normally this would not have been cause for concern, however..."

Dina pulls out a note from under her armor.

"My people have shared a thousand lifetimes. Though we usually act alone, we form a kind of network through our experiences. One of my kind uncovered some information "

Dina sets the note on the table.

[sblock=Note]My agents in Daunton have confirmed that your quarry will be at the auction. I will assist you in exchange for making sure I leave with that which I seek.

Kaja[/sblock]

"Kaja is one of our ancient enemies, the traitors to our people known as rakshasa who is known to have infiltrated Imperium nobility. However, rakshasa are masters of illusion so she could be disguised as anyone."

"Commander Paelis is concerned that the target of the attack may be an important figure in Daunton, perhaps even Mayor Brunt. So the Duantonian Guard will be providing extra security.

Still I fear this is not enough. I would have taken on this task myself, but I do not yet have enough experience in this lifetime to face Kaja, neither do any of our gaurds. Their true purpose will be to sacrifice themselves to protect the Mayor if need be."

"What I would like is for you to attend the auction. Discover Kaja and eliminate her. Find out who her associates are and eliminate them. Find out who the assassin's quary is an protect them. Also find out what Kaja is after so that we can protect it as necessary. If Kaja is killed I would like to send proof to my contact in The Imperium, so please bring me her hands."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Rakshasas are enemies to Balance and Nature, I will aid you in eliminating the scourge. However Balance sees this city as another stain. The forces of Nature will not move to protect the artefacts of human societies." declares Earth, with its reverberating voice. "Alas, my frame is not an easy one to conceal" it adds.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"You do not need to concern yourself with keeping out of sight. You will all be added to the list of registered attendees. You have amassed considerable wealth and power of your own, so your presence would not be considered unusual. Who knows, perhaps you will find something to your liking at the auction."

dimsdale

First Post
Hmmmf...not know the enemy by sight...this is not going to be easy. Kruk looks around the table at the newly formed party, some of which he knows such as Kane and others he's heard of from word of mouth. He then smiles and smashes his fist on the table. We'll get'm for ya. May my axe deliver the killing blow!. It is obvious that the dwarf is happy to be a part of such a challenging path.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The well dressed drow chuckles at the dwarf's enthusiasm, then eyes the guard up appreciatively. Ah, Commander Paelis is it now? Been promoted since that time you attempted to hang the theft of the Twilight Diadem on me, have you? Good on you. Damen's eye twinkle mischievously. He then turns to Dina. So, this is the auction of Agra's the Black things? One would think Marous would have holed those up somewhere. A dangerous sale, indeed. Well, I probably know a few of the buyers so I will endeavor to identify rat from cat.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Commander Paelis interrupts and responds to Damen's questions.

"Really Damen, I believe that was all cleared up as a mere misunderstanding. If I had really wanted to frame you, you'd be in our jails rather than darkening our streets."

Dina cuts the commander off before this escalates any further.

"I do not know about the history between you, but know that I do not care. I have been granted your full cooperation Mayor Brunt himself as it may well be his own life in danger. So I do hope the two of you will be able to behave yourselves."

"My apologies..."

"It is not just Agra's things, but they are certainly a centerpiece of the auction. I think all were surprised that such things turned up, but the warehouse has a reputation for holding onto its treasures for years. Things simply disappeared never to see the light of day again, buried in a sea of crates. But the auction became a necessity when the warehouse became too full for the Dauntonian Customs Authority to continue to conduct its business."

There is a knock at the door. After a few moments to allow discussions to cease, the door opens and a serving girl walks in. She walks over to Dina and whispers into her ear. The girl then turns and leaves, shutting the door behind her.

"It appears I am needed elsewhere. If there are no last questions for me, then you can continue to speak with the Commander here."

Dina waits to see if anyone has any questions specifically for her.

renau1g

First Post
Kane listens attentively as Dina explains and nods as the deva and the newcomer explain things, and then at her offer of a question the barbarian speaks up "Ummm, ok, so Kane has one big question for misses white and blue lady. What you say, a rak-cha-cha? Is that a dance? " the bugbear asks simply.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Summoning a small construct to help her demonstrate, Dina answers the bugbear's questions pedantically, as if giving a lecture.

"The deva are immortal creatures. When our bodies perish, our spirits rejoin the grand cosmos until we are reforged in a new flesh. With good deeds we eventually becomes one with the cosmos, merging our essence with it for eternity. However, those of my kind who continually give over many lifetimes to the pursuit of evil are eventually cast out and reborn as rakshasa. They lose their immortality becoming creatures of the natural world, so that once they die they are no longer reborn. But the have horded lifetimes of magical power giving them varied abilities which often include powerful illusions."

Dina uses Animate Helper and then uses a Monster Knowledge check concerning rakshasa hitting the moderate DC.

GM: Rakshasa are evil natural humanoids.

Nature (1d20+13+4=27)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases