D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD) - Page 5


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 130
  1. #41
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Damen shrugs. Me, I'll be at the tavern. Home is dreadfully boring.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    ...hmmmmf, I...uh...have to buy something. I'll be back
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #43
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,069
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    A few days later each of you receives your invitation by courier. It denotes the date and time of the auction, noting that the doors to the warehouse will be open two hours prior to the start of bidding so that bidders may examine the items for sale.

    Insight DC 20
    You detect nothing suspicious regarding this courier.
    Arcana DC 20
    There is no sign of magic on the invitation.
    Thievery DC 20
    You detect no forgery or any other suspicious mark on the invitation.


    It is now the day of the auction. Now is the time to make your final preparations and head to the warehouse.

  • #44
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk returns to his residence after purchasing a new shield. Within an hour of his arrival he receives an invitation to the auction. He examines the messenger and the letter closely

    insight, arcane, thievery rolls

    Insight, arcane and thievery rolls respectively: 25, 21, 2


    He then gives a nod to the messenger and tucks the invitation into a pouch attached to his belt. hmmmmf...seems legit to me...After making sure that he has all of his equipment, he steps out, making his way to the auction, prepared for the worst.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #45
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Damen accepts the invitation with a smile then dresses well before heading towards the warehouse.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #46
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,109
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Earth simply moves his bulky body towards the warehouse, once he checks he has watered the plants growing on him.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #47
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    What a good boy. Beatrice says, handing the delivery boy a homemade cookie and patting him on the head.

    Ohh, so the day has come has it? she says opening the envelope and reading the letter. I better get my best scale armor on and join the others!
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #48
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    Jarel-karn takes hi most formal outfit and present himself four hours before the start of the auction and starts to roam around the place to identify the surrounding, in case things degenerate.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #49
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,069
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    You eventually arrive at the crossroads where stands the Dauntonian Customs Authority bonded warehouse. Dauntion guardsmen, included Commander Paelis are positioned around the exterior of the warehouse.

    You can hear a few jovial voices from the inside even though they are nearly overshadowed by the commotion on the outside. Pick, Pock, and Poke, the three kobolds, are standing beside a contraption nearly as large as they are, smoke is billowing from it.

    "It will identify fact from fake! We can't make purchase without knowing we buy good things!"

    "How about you try using yer EYES instead of that blasted device? You'll smoke everyone out for sure."

    "How you expect it work if you no burn swamp moss?"


    Insight DC 14
    The guards appear to be quite nervous, the kobolds appear to be offended.
    Insight DC 20
    The kobolds are intelligent, if eccentric, but it is clear that Allarian is not their primary language.
    Insight DC 29
    The guards are tense because they don't trust the device. But their tone makes it clear that they treat the kobolds more like fools than a threat.


    GM: Map

    Feel free to place yourself on the map and interact with any of the NPCs
    Last edited by Son of Meepo; Friday, 3rd August, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

  • #50
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    OOC: In Zombies And Crooks, the first adventure of Jarel-karn, he had fought Rinch The Riser in a Custom Bound Warehouse that look pretty much like that... only exception, the office was on a second floor (but at the same location on the map) and three bridge was hanging over the crates.

    The coincidence is too great, I'll assume it is.


    As Jarel-karn arrive near the warehouse, he feels a chill climbing in his back as he remember the last time he came here. He remembers Rinch and his zombies swarming the place. A dread combat it has been. Luckily, he had decided to come two hours before the opening, so he had time to recover from his memory and focus on the task at hand.

    After taking some tea at the cafe Aggetivo in front of teh warehouse, he looks at each guest soming in. As teh kobold show up, he decides it would be time to enter the place. He enter the warehouse, showing his invitation. As he is given the permission to enter, he looks around. Their combat a few years back had made some damage, and they seems to have renovated the place.

    Jarel-karn see the people gathering around the desk and decides to approach Countess Fian-Fen. Jarel-karn take a quick look at the items on teh table before saying to the countess "My lady, I am please to meet one representative of my ancestor's land. My name is Jarel-karn."



    OOC: Is Countess Fian-Fen a Genasi ro a Dragonborn?
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 324
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th June, 2012, 04:49 PM
    2. Replies: 493
      Last Post: Monday, 11th June, 2012, 03:18 PM
    3. Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)
      By Son of Meepo in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 04:59 PM
    4. Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 07:12 AM
    5. Replies: 606
      Last Post: Monday, 14th February, 2011, 05:31 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •