D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD) - Page 7




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    Kruk walks into the large warehouse, totally uncomfortable with his surroundings. He moves over to one of the items for bid, a crystal vase, and picks it up. Hmmmmmf...wonder what's this? Rotating the vase, it slips out of his hands and falls to the floor, shattering into pieces. Kruk, cringes and mumbles something under his breath. He then looks around to see if anyone saw what happened. Seeing no one, he reaches into his pouch, pulls out a fist full of gold, and places them in a stack at the location that the vase once stood. Satisfied with his work, he moves away.
    Several eyes turn to Kane, horrified looks adorn the faces of their owners.

    GM: How much gold did you leave? The answer whether large or small will result in some modifiers (some positive, some negative). You can make a History check if you'd like to estimate the actual value of the vase. This is not meant to punish your rp, but to put a mechanic behind them. Expect the modifiers will be likely close to balanced.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonegod View Post
    Damen rolls his eyes as the kobold flees and makes his way inside. He is impeccably dressed, as always, and putting on his full "airs" as a proper scion of one of the Founding Families. He looks over the items everyone else is looking at, an whistles softly at the collection of Screamer articles. I know a warforged that would kill us all for half of this collection. Likely say it was for Protecting us from the Doom of the Five or some nonsense. Damen chuckles, but his eyes are looking over everything.
    GM: Damen looks around, but there is so much to take in, he doesn't really know where to begin. All the items on the table, all the people, yet nothing seems suspicious... Except perhaps the glances from the customs officers who were no doubt informed by Commander Paelis that Damen is quite the shady character.

    Close on the Bluff check, but failures all around this time I'm afraid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    Earth stands, as if he was another item for auctioning. Meanwhile, he observes the people around him, with the eternal patience of the rock. His senses also attuned to the anatural world would sense any aberration or anti-natural event or magic happening around him.
    Earth locks eyes with Senator Linarus' bodyguard. Perhaps it is because you are both keenly aware of your surroundings, but something in his gaze makes you feel ill at ease.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    Oh, this looks interesting. Beatrice says picking up the recipes. Put this on their tab. She says pointing to the Kobolds.
    Farnsworh Fairview looks puzzled.

    "Pardon my intrusion Ma'am, but it doesn't quite work that way. First you have to outbid the others during the auction, and then you can figure out how to settle up the price."

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    The others are well into their discussions/investigations when the oddest site rolls in, the bugbear Kane arrives with his fur all washed and combed, the smell of strawberries drifts in the air behind him. His normally yellowed teeth are cleaned to a white splendor, and his bloodied clothes, armor and weapons are all polished, cleaned up and looking quite prestigious.

    Kane walks up to the guards, does his best smile and walks in.

    He wanders over to the silverware and begins inspecting the pieces, speaking to the woman next to him, "Ah, isn't these so wonderful? We gots these back at my manor home, or ones like these anyways. My name is Count Crane von Bryon, good to meet youse." he states.

    OOC: bluff (1d20+6=23) to pretend he knows what he's talking about (and that he really is a Count). Good thing all of Kane's adventures have been overseas, else he may have had run ins with these folks.
    Madame Redscale, the famous dragonborn matron, is currently examining the silverware as well. She extends a friendly hand towards Kane.

    "Count Crane von Bryon is it? A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Perhaps if you are in town long enough you could attend one of my formal dinners. I would SO like to serve my dinner with these. THINK of all the splendid conversations we could have about them. Of course, I shall have to likewise come calling when I visit your county... where did you say it was again?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    Jarel-karn replies to Lin-Feh. "I understand why she is so intrigate by the diary. Probably it doesn't contain any obvious secrets, but for a scholar who has studied Agra The Black, you might have hint of things no one knows. It would be such a piece of collection. I think it will be the item that will be the most contested.

    Have you travel here just for the auction?"
    Lin-Feh responds.

    "There is no distance my Countess would not travel to acquire such depth of knowledge. Hers is the most impressive library in all the known lands."


    The countess turns and without a word strikes her servant across the face with the back of her hand.

    "Known AND Unknown impudent girl!"

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    ooc: History check on value of vase: 1d20+5= 18
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #63
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    ooc: History check on value of vase: 1d20+5= 18
    Appraisal
    650 gp

  • #64
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    As soon as the countess divert her attention from Lin-Feh, Jarel-karn moves his lips without speaking, telling to the servant "Sorry". He then adds, this time speaking normally "I wish your mistress and you a nice stay in Daunton."

    He then starts to look at the items, and while doing try to detect any magical aura in the room.

    OOC
    Arcana to detect all magicla source in around him.

    Bluff to pretend to be looking at the items.

    Arcana; Bluff (1d20+16=35, 1d20+9=18)
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #65
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Jarel-karn detects many magical auras around him.

    auras
    On the table
    Silverware
    Pendant
    Staff

    On persons
    Countess Fian-Fen's Headdress and necklace
    Lin-Feh's Jade Bracelet
    Barthomus' Short Sword
    The kobold's contraption
    Whatever the PCs brought with them

    Around the Area
    Wards over the doors and windows

  • #66
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    Appraisal
    650 gp
    ooc

    ouch!!!


    After walking away he comes, takes the gold he put there back and bellows out loud. Who's the owner of the vase? I wish to pay for breaking it! He looks around waiting for someone to step forward.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #67
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    One of the Customs Officer's steps up.

    "Well the whole point is that these items have been unclaimed by their original owners. So they are now property of the City of Daunton. Since the mayor is not here, I believe that Commander Paelis is the ranking official. Shall I fetch him?"

  • #68
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    One of the Customs Officer's steps up.

    "Well the whole point is that these items have been unclaimed by their original owners. So they are now property of the City of Daunton. Since the mayor is not here, I believe that Commander Paelis is the ranking official. Shall I fetch him?"
    err...yes your excellency. Thank you, I must settle my error of...err...judgement. Kruk tugs his beard trying to look proper.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #69
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    The customs officer leaves to fetch the commander. The rest of the crowd mumbles and whispers at the commotion being caused.

    GM: Kruk is getting a lot of attention. Currently he is at -2 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Stealth, and Thievery, but is +2 to Intimidate.

    However, this means that the attention is off the rest of you. Everyone except Kruk gains +2 to Bluff, Stealth, and Thievery.

    Everyone gets +2 to Insight checks as everyone is reacting and not as guarded because of the incident.

    All this will change once the customs officer returns with Commander Paelis.

  • #70
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    Farnsworh Fairview looks puzzled.

    "Pardon my intrusion Ma'am, but it doesn't quite work that way. First you have to outbid the others during the auction, and then you can figure out how to settle up the price."
    Silly boy, that is what I meant! Beatrice says with a warm smile. This nice kobold will bid on it for me. She says, turning to the lone kobold and giving him an evil grin.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 324
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th June, 2012, 03:49 PM
    2. Replies: 493
      Last Post: Monday, 11th June, 2012, 02:18 PM
    3. Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)
      By Son of Meepo in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 03:59 PM
    4. Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 06:12 AM
    5. Replies: 606
      Last Post: Monday, 14th February, 2011, 04:31 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •