D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD) - Page 9





+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post

    "Ohhh. I see now."
    The dragonborn matron replies. "The Baron has sent you to be his representative. I take it this is your first time? Don't be so nervous. I am sure you will do a fine job in his place. He certainly must have a reason to trust you so."

    As she says this her guest Countess Fian-Fen eyes you suspiciously.

    A lot of people seem genuinely frightened of Kruk. The customs officers wonder if they should try to restrain him, then hesitate. Others such as the Countess and the Madam Redscale appear to detest his poor manners. The Senator's bodyguard places his hand closer to his blade.
    "Ah, yes, ok, Mr. Lord Byron says Crane is very skilled and so he send Crane here to find lots of good stuff for him" the bugbear states, then sees Kruk and the tiny bit of his brain begins to spark and he marches over to the dwarf.

    "Hey you, stop making mess, you might break one of these fancy things and then Mr. Lord Byron is not gonna be happy. So why don't you calm down before they kick you outta here" he says to Kruk loudly enough to be heard.

 

  • #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    GM: To do so without trying to make it obvious is a Thievery check. Otherwise no check needed if you don't care about being obvious.
    OOC:
    rolls

    Thievery=11

    Insight=12 to catch see if anything is suspicious in her body language when the bracer comes off.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #83
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    As you wrap your hand on the bracelet, Lin-Feh steadies your grip with her other hand, momentarily arresting the bracelet's removal.

    "Here, let me get a better *uff* grip."

    GM: Thievery check didn't succeed. She stops you from removing the bracelet. You can either try to bluff her to convince her that it wasn't intentional and maybe get another shot or you can try to just rip it off with a Strength attack.


    OOC: Sorry for the lack of update. I was sick most of last week and wasn't really able to devote enough brain power to think about the next move.

  • #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    As you wrap your hand on the bracelet, Lin-Feh steadies your grip with her other hand, momentarily arresting the bracelet's removal.

    "Here, let me get a better *uff* grip."

    GM: Thievery check didn't succeed. She stops you from removing the bracelet. You can either try to bluff her to convince her that it wasn't intentional and maybe get another shot or you can try to just rip it off with a Strength attack.


    OOC: Sorry for the lack of update. I was sick most of last week and wasn't really able to devote enough brain power to think about the next move.
    OOC: Hope you are feeling better

    Are there many people near Beatrice?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #85
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    GM: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KNGd2UVE#gid=4

    You would be at E20 or F22.

    Or is that you at G22, which is also fine. But in any case, there are a lot of people around.

  • #86
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    Jarel-karn go outside a moment and smell the fresh air and smell of the coffee from the small coffee shop on the other side of the street. He then turns to Commander Paelis. "When is the mayor expected?"
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #87
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Jarel-Karn distracts the Commander's attention from the customs officer long enough to ask his question.

    "I believe that he may not be attending until the actual bidding starts. He mentioned something about not feeling particularly well this morning."

  • #88
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    Jarel-karn frown a moment. He had a bad feeling about that news. He hopes the Rakshasa had not leak false information and as effort was deploy to prevent an assassination here, another attempt was not made elsewhere.

    OOC: How much time before the bidding?
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #89
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    Jarel-karn frown a moment. He had a bad feeling about that news. He hopes the Rakshasa had not leak false information and as effort was deploy to prevent an assassination here, another attempt was not made elsewhere.

    OOC: How much time before the bidding?
    OOC: Still a few hours.


    GM: Right now my plan is to keep this scene open through the coming weekend and then move forward to the start of the auction.

    The idea here is to gather some information regarding the people in attendance and what they might be interested in acquiring. (Of course not all the people are here yet, so the information will be incomplete).

  • #90
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Earth stands still in front of the senator. His mind sends information to his comrades. "The senator's bodyguard seems to be recently acquired. Lend by a fellow of hers it seems. I recommend caution regarding this particular human, it seems the senator's former bodyguard became mysteriously ill a few days before they were schedule to come here. I find the circumstances odd." After the message is sent, he reasumes his conversation. "Such a noble act. But from whom would you need protection? I can't sense any evil or aberrant nature on you."
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 324
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th June, 2012, 03:49 PM
    2. Replies: 493
      Last Post: Monday, 11th June, 2012, 02:18 PM
    3. Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)
      By Son of Meepo in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 03:59 PM
    4. Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 06:12 AM
    5. Replies: 606
      Last Post: Monday, 14th February, 2011, 04:31 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •