Special Addition to the 2012 Gen Con Auction

Cgould42

First Post
This event will be a part of the live auction. These 100 lots will be auctioned off during the Charity Auction which takes place from 7:00pm-10:00pm on Saturday evening. The current intent is to have the lots for the Memorial Fund auctioned first and then move onto the official charity auction benefiting the STARS Youth Foundation.

The auction is run by Live Game Auctions. Here is the information from their FAQ regarding submitting a proxy bid if you will not be available at the time of the live auction.

Can I bid on stuff without being there? I'd rather be gaming...

Yes, you can. This procedure is called "Proxy Bidding". You can't do this for common items, but you can for almost any collectible or special item. First have a staff member bring the item for your inspection (we do the handling, you do the examining). Then show your bidder card and tell us your maximum bid for the item. The information is written on the item tag in a hidden place, and your bid will be part of the action when the item comes up. Your final bid price is typically $1 more than the last "live" bid (sometimes more for high-priced items), so you may get the item for at lot less than your Proxy (maximum) bid. Note that you may be required to guarantee your bid, so have a credit or debit card handy if you plan on Proxy bidding. While both the Origins and Gen Con auctions allow Proxy Bidding, not all auctions do – check with the auctioneer to make sure.
[FONT=&quot]Cheers,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Curt[/FONT]

Frank Mentzer

First Post
I seriously doubt that we'll be done by 10p.
Midnight maybe. MAYBE.

Lots of 'way cool collector stuff here... and there are a jillion OTHER donations to the charity auction as well, contributed by many of the vendors in the Dealer Hall.

Did you know that the GenCon Auction...

...sells YOUR stuff, and YOU get most of the money?
Flip the games & modules you never play any more, get paid the next day, and use the moolah to pay for your trip (and buy the latest stuff in the dealer room). The auction cut is 15%, last I looked. And you don't have to mail your stuff to the buyer (take that, eBay!).

...is the largest game auction in the world?
Folks like you bring us over 12,000 items (at last count; it keeps growing every year). And we take 'em all in, sell 'em, and pay all the sellers... within 4 days.

cya there. :)

F

ps: Hey fatDragon, almost all the good stuff comes up after the Big Room closes. Do drop by, if only to watch for 5 minutes; it's a hoot.

Last edited:

Cgould42

First Post
Additional information on proxy bidding I received from Live Game Auctions. Please read if you are considering placing a proxy bid.
Proxy bidding is not normally done on charity items, but we are allowing proxy bids on these lots. However we really encourage anyone bidding on these items to be in the room bidding if they can. The auction would really appreciate taking as few proxy bids as possible.
Plus we are estimating only one hour for the special auction, from 7 p.m. - 8.<acronym title="Private Message" class="id107">pm</acronym>. and it will be a really fun hour! I'm hoping all the bidders can find time to make it to the event in person.

If the bidder absolutely can't be there to bid in person, here are some important notes about placing a proxy bid on a special section item:

- The person placing the proxy bid needs to be onsite and have a badge like a normal bidder.

- They have to open a tab, and they will need to give us their credit card information to secure the tab. (They can set up the tab when they get their bid card, no need to wait until they place the proxy bid.)

- ...they will need to identify a specific item/lot and a maximum price. (They should make up their mind before they come talk to us, no changing the price once they've placed the proxy bid.)

- Any items won will need to be picked up Saturday night, preferably as close to the end of the special auction as possible. (estimated to be 8 p.m.)
With Saturday being the last day of the auction we need the tabs cleared as soon as possible so we can get everything sorted out.
Cheers,
Curt

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases