Announcing the 2012 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards Nominees!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Congratulations to the 2012 ENnie Awards nominees! Feel free to get to know the products below by clicking links. Voting begins on Friday, July 20 and runs to Sunday, July 29. The ceremony itself will be on Friday, August 17, in the Union Station Grand Hall at 8pm with the cocktail reception beginning at 6:30pm.

The Gen Con EN World RPG Awards (the “ENnies”) are an annual fan-based celebration of excellence in tabletop roleplaying gaming. The ENnies give game designers, writers and artists the recognition they deserve. It is a peoples’ choice award, and the final winners are voted upon online by the gaming public.

The ENnies were created in 2001 as an annual award ceremony, hosted by EN World in partnership with Eric Noah’s Unofficial D&D 3rd Edition News. With award categories recognizing the components that make a game great to the types of products fans have come to love, categories for fan-based websites and much more, the ENnies are the best way for fans to acknowledge outstanding effort from and to say “thank you” to the publishers, designers and artists who make this hobby great.

Best Adventure
Best Aid/Accessory
Best Art, Cover
Best Art, Interior
Best Blog
Best Cartography
Best Electronic Book
Best Free Product
Best Game
Best Miniatures Product
Best Monster/Adversary
Best Podcast
Best Production Values
Best RPG Related Product
Best Rules
Best Setting
Best Supplement
Best Website
Best Writing
Product of the Year
Judge’s Spotlight Award
  • Matthew Muth – ?
  • Kennon Bauman – ?
  • Kat Boulware – ?
  • Jody Kline – ?
  • Kurt Wiegel – ?
  • You’ll find out at the ceremony!
If you are a publisher, click the image below to download a bigger version of the badge to proudly display on your website.

If you’re a fan, feel free to download and print out this flyer for posting in your FLGS.

Attachments

• 2012ENnies_Nominee.jpg
    2012ENnies_Nominee.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:

halfjack

First Post
I am thrilled -- and blown away -- to see our own Hollowpoint in here not once but three times! This is a really unexpected list, full of great titles by smart people. Going to be a very difficult voting period.

Thanks, ENnie team!

Sorta surprised no "best adventure" by Paizo (historically they do well there) but one by WotC.

That's actually kinda nice to see...that WotC is stepping up their adventure quality.

Congrats to em!

In the effort to make a point, I succeeded in only douching up the place. So I shall try to make that right. Here's what I should have written:

Congratulations to all of the ENnie nominees! It's great to see a huge range of systems represented. Let the voting begin.

On a personal note, it's disappointing to see that the Free Products nominees are either ads for paid products (in the case of Dragon Age) or require you to buy the same company's paid product to work.

If you want to see me at my douchiest, here's what I originally posted:

Those Best Free Product nominations are appalling! Let's take a quick look at these 'free' products:

An adventure that was available free for one day of the year:
Black Crusade: Broken Chains

A demo of a real paid RPG (Dragon Age):
Dragon Age: Quickstart Rules

A short adventure released as a promo for a real paid RPG:
The One Ring: Words of the Wise

A conversion guide from Pathfinder to Shadowlands?:
Shadowlands Conversion Guide

Another short adventure released as a promo for a real paid RPG (Pathfinder):
Pathfinder Module: We Be Goblins!

What about nominating an actual free product?

EDIT: The Black Crusade PDF is available free on the net, but it's damned hard to find!

Mod Edit: Watch your language please. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

<Snipped after the fact.

Interesting points, and I agree with some of em. I don't think quickstart rules or conversion guides belong as a "best free product". In a sense, I don't really think of them as "products" in their own right.

However, I don't think you're being fair to Black Crusade: Broken Chains, The One Ring: Words of the Wise, or We Be Goblins.

All three of those products are indeed full RPG products, not ads, not promos, not conversions, etc. They are adventures. Also, all three are still available, at this very moment, for free in PDF.

Maybe you wanted a full free RPG? It'd be nice if they had "best free RPG" as a category. There are some awesome free RPGs at http://www.1km1kt.net/

EDIT: Didn't realize you had a product for that category. Sour grapes are never pretty. You may want to redact your comment. I'm deleting the quote in my post.

Last edited:

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Fantastic!

All the people here at T. Shield Studios - that would be me - are very happy and gratified to see Spellbound Kingdoms on the list.

Congrats to all the other nominees, thanks to the judges, and most of all thanks to all the fans for supporting the game.

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
Wow! Those of us behind the DungeonMorphs products (Cards & Dice) couldn't be happier! Thanks to the judges, to everyone who backed the project on Kickstarter, people who have picked them up afterward on the DungeonMoprhs website, the manufacturers & of course my collaborators on the project:

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Those Best Free Product nominations are nonsense! Let's take a quick look at these 'free' products:

What about nominating an actual free product?

I'm sorry that your book was not nominated, but I'd urge you to take a moment to relax and think before you post.

The "sour grapes" attitude comes across as unprofessional and probably does not do much to ingratiate yourself to the judges (some of whom may be judging your products again next year).

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases