Altering the energy type of a Spell-Like Ability?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Specifically, I'm looking into an Incarnate build. Dissolving Spittle appears to be a very useful ranged attack, firing an orb of acid as a ranged touch attack.

Are there ways to change up this energy type, using feats or items, etc? Something like Energy Substitution.

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
Specifically, I'm looking into an Incarnate build. Dissolving Spittle appears to be a very useful ranged attack, firing an orb of acid as a ranged touch attack.

Are there ways to change up this energy type, using feats or items, etc? Something like Energy Substitution.
While I can't find anything for actually changing energy there is consecrate or violate spell-like ability which makes half damage non-bypassable while adding a good or evil descriptor respectively.
As for different options you could look at the bracers of blast barrier or entangling blast. The first allows you to make a 10 foot wall from a spell or spell-like ability dealing full damage to anything that passes through it(ref. hald level of spell). The latter allows you to half the damage of a spell or spell-like ability but the victim is entangled and take 1 point per level each round for 1d3. I am not sure how that will translate with the levels you will probably half to negotiate it with the DM.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
While I can't find anything for actually changing energy there is consecrate or violate spell-like ability which makes half damage non-bypassable while adding a good or evil descriptor respectively.
As for different options you could look at the bracers of blast barrier or entangling blast. The first allows you to make a 10 foot wall from a spell or spell-like ability dealing full damage to anything that passes through it(ref. hald level of spell). The latter allows you to half the damage of a spell or spell-like ability but the victim is entangled and take 1 point per level each round for 1d3. I am not sure how that will translate with the levels you will probably half to negotiate it with the DM.
Concecrate and Violate are definitely helpful for dealing with an acid-resistant opponent. The Bracers kinda along the lines of what I'm looking for, but a limited # of times per day limits the usefulness of such an item over the long haul.

Thanks! Anyone know anything additional?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases