Proposal: Sumbru, City of Shades and Shadow

jkason

First Post
You've already got your four, but I'll throw in my YES just for overkill's sake. :)

I had the same initial cognitive dissonance as Qik, I think, in that the Baronies hadn't thus far struck me as somewhere folks ran into magical counties, but your explanation works well, and the fact that this only happened about 50 years ago for some reason makes this work better for me. It's not been here all along, but rather just recently cropped up, disrupting the normal workings of the Baronies. Or, rather, it's been slowly creeping its way into its present disruptive form, if I'm reading things correctly. The insidious nature of that makes it work for me.

Systole

First Post
I like everything about it, except I'm not sure that 50 years is enough time to get a religion up and functioning. On the other hand, they do have access to divine magic and guidance, which might tend to streamline things a bit. Comparitively speaking, Scientologists have been around for 60 years, but the religion you're describing is almost Medieval Catholic, as I read it.

Hrm ... how about a 'Pope of Darkness,' so there's a charismatic, centralized authority that would tend to drive a strongly organized religion, but it's all balanced against the city being too unstable for even the Inquisitors to have full control (although I imagine they like to claim full control...).

soulnova

Explorer
People stay either for money, power, fear or protection. There's seems to be little trade so I doubt money would be a main reason. Power on the other hand...

Fear... that would be tricky. The followers of Our Lord of Perpetual Night might as well have a good reason to stay. Systole, I was about to mention Scientology too lol. It wouldn't be that far-fetched from my point of view. The SC is very LE and "Inquisition" like. Just look at the Sea Org and the Sec-Checks they even made the kids go through.

"Claim" full control sounds about right to me.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm open to other ideas and edits. I'm ok with changing details to make it work better.

Hrm ... how about a 'Pope of Darkness,' so there's a charismatic, centralized authority that would tend to drive a strongly organized religion, but it's all balanced against the city being too unstable for even the Inquisitors to have full control (although I imagine they like to claim full control...).

Pretty much as I imagined but with the Inquisitors as highly organized and totally ruthless, much like brown shirts. And ruled by the Prime Sclav of Darkness (or whatever title we can come up with):

Attachments

• InquisitorSumbru.jpg
    InquisitorSumbru.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 233

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases