Redbadge's Solo Skull and Shackles (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
Proper cleaning of the galley and its contents looks like it will take 2-5 hours (1d4+1 hours). You can give it a quick clean, which only takes 1 hour, but gives you a -2 on today's cooking check. Alternatively, you could give it the thorough clean it hasn't had in a while, which takes twice as long (2d4+2 hours), but cuts cooking result times in half for at least the next week, as having a cleaned and organized work area makes you very efficient.
[sblock=Perception DC 11]As you work in the galley, you periodically hear grunts, snorts, and otherwise muffled breathing coming from Area A7 (see post no. 28).[/sblock]

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv decides to go ahead and clean the galley thoroughly while he has the chance. After cleaning the galley Jhiv gets started on the meal for the day. While he cleans up the galley Jhiv tries to see if he can break the addiction he has.
OOC: Take 10 on Heal check to treat addiction, result 14. Take 10 on Cooking check, result 17. It takes 2.5 hours to cook a good quality meal.
[sblock=Current Status]Jhiv Viratek (Male undine druid/rogue 2)
N medium outsider (native, aquatic [amphibious])
Str 11 Dex 18 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 14

Key Skills Acrobatics +11, Bluff +7, Climb +7, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +2,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Local) +5, Knowledge (Nature) +3, Perception +10, Profession (Sailor) +10, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +9, Survival +10, Swim +15

Init +4 Spd 30 ft., Swim 30 ft. Senses Darkvision 60 ft. (normal light); Perception +10
AC 17, touch 14, FF 13 HP 13/13 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +7 CMB +1 CMD 15
Hero Points 3/3
Infamy 2/8
Disrepute 1/8

Melee Attack Unarmed Strike +5 (1d3/x2) [nonlethal]
Melee Attack Footlocker Key +1 (1d4/x2)

Currently Wielding Nothing (Hands Free)
Current Armor None (Explorer's Outfit)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, Straps, Pockets, etc.) [9 gp, 20 sp, 9 cp], Sprig of Holly, Mineral Prism, Footlocker Key
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, Belt Pouches, Saddle Bags, etc.) Belt Pouch (Nothing)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) Coin Purse (200 gp), Leather Armor, Darkwood Buckler, Rapier, Sap, Dagger, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Backpack (Masterwork), Mirror (Small Steel), Fishhook, Thieves' Tools, Twine (50 ft.), Tanglefoot Bag, Tindertwig (2)
Current Encumbrance 13 lbs (light load) Medium Load 39 lbs Heavy Load 77 lbs Max 115 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
2/2 (Cure Light Wounds/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Remove Sickness/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Obscuring Mist)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Mending)
Spell-like Abilities: 7/7 Storm Burst
Combat Options: Charge (full round action), Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm (Weapon Finesse), Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder
(Weapon Finesse), Trip (Weapon Finesse)

Defensive Abilities
Resistances:
Cold Resistance 5 (racial)

Situational Modifiers
Shackles Seafarer
+1 trait bonus on Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (Geography) checks while on the ocean
Besmara's Blessing once per week can reroll a Profession (Sailor) check and take the higher result (must announce use of this ability before the results of the check are known).
Hydrated Vitality Fast Healing 2 for 1 round anytime submerged completely within a body of natural water; stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water does not activate this ability; can heal up to 4 HP per day with this ability
Wormwood Reputation +2 bonus on all checks to influence crew-members of this ship (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform). This circumstance bonus stacks with other bonuses.
Windwalker
penalties from natural or magical wind effects are treated as one step less severe

Current Effects and Conditions:
Addiction (1 save in a row)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:30:31)
Galley, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

Part way through your cook's mate duties, the door to the Quartermaster and Cook's Cabin opens and Cut-Throat Grok stumbles out. You can see that the tiny cabin is about ankle-deep in booze bottles, and Fishguts is still unconscious and sprawled across his own bed. Grok shuffles across the galley, grunting at you as she does so. She opens the Quartermaster store before entering, slamming the door shut, and collapsing inside.

Though it takes all day, you eventually get the kitchen in ship-shape condition. The floor and walls have been mopped and scrubbed, the pots, pans and utensils glisten, actually hanging from their proper hooks, the knives are aligned all in a row on the clean cutting board, and all the other junk that greeted you on your first day has been put in its proper place. You even had the foresight to organize the spice cabinet.

About 20 minutes before Bloody Hour, as a fine meal sits simmering in pots and pans about the galley and you stand setting out neat piles of forks and tin plates for tonight's serving, you hear a loud moan come from the cook's cabin, followed by a curse and loud outburst, “Besmara's balls! What time is it!?"

You hear the creak of springs, a loud crash, and the tinkling of bottles rolling into each other as Fishguts rushes into the galley, “Jhiv! Jhiv! Why didn' ya..." Fishguts freezes at the sight of the galley and the fully prepared meal.

BudroThePious

First Post
"Well good morning, and how are you today?" Jhiv says as he continues to finish the last of the preparations to get the meal on plates after Bloody Hour. "I didn't get the chance to go fishing today so we will have to do that tomorrow, or this evening if the weather holds. I was thinking of casting Light on the nets to see if we could catch some more exotic night fish and change things up a bit. What do you think?"

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Fishguts meanders around the galley, obviously pleased. He stops at the cutting board and picks up his favorite knife, running his thumb along the blade to find that you've sharpened it nicely. Finally, he looks up at you with a distant look, though it quickly comes into focus, cutting through his grogginess and still half-asleep state.

“...Huh, what? Oh, yes, that sounds like an idea, that does. Mayhaps ye can catch some snapper or kingfish. I 'ear those may be more activ' at night."

Fishguts lifts his nose, catching a waft of your food. “Aye. Smells good today. Well done, lad, well done."

BudroThePious

First Post
"If you don't mind, could I get you to finish up here? I would hate to be late up on deck."
OOC: If the answer is yes Jhiv goes up on deck, plays his ocarina, and advances time to Bloody Hour.

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:44:40), Bloody Hour
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

“O' course. I'll take care o' this."

As you head up the hold steps towards the deck, you hear a slight roar and the sound of heavy pattering. Sure enough, when you poke your head out into the open air, you are greeted by a heavy rain. You join the other drenched pirates, but after several minutes waiting, it becomes apparent that Plugg and Scourge will not be making appearances to offer "entertainment" tonight.

As people turn to head belowdecks, Sandara finds you. "You might try avoiding Plugg. I overheard him talking with Patch about possibly giving you the night watch tonight. The gnome was complainin' about havin' to do it in the rain, and Plugg said something o' the sorts, 'HEH, THE FISHMAN IS MADE FOR WATER. MAYHAPS I"LL GET HIM FOR THE WATCH.' Just lettin' ya know." She struggles to be heard over the rain. "I'll go down first to see if the coast is clear, then you can follow me." After a short moment, she pops back out, "No sign of Plugg. He's probably in the Capn's cabin playing cards with the other officers."

Remove ads