Redbadge's Solo Skull and Shackles (IC)

BudroThePious

First Post
With the food finished, Jhiv takes ten minutes to clean the galley back up to its former state.
OOC: What are my daytime options for the storm?

Redbadge

Explorer
GM: Well, most of the people are still pretty busy, since they don't have the benefit of being storm druids. I guess you can do anything you want, and I'll adjudicate it from there. You might explore one part of the ship, or try to find out who is currently not working. You could help people who are still working. You could also shop, spy, or steal. You could also take a nap, I guess.

Redbadge

Explorer
Toilday, 24 Desnus, 4712 AR (14:21:08)
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

All the riggers are still occupied combating the weather, except for you, and Rosie, who has shirked off after completing the rope work, the better to avoid any more direction from Plugg or Scourge.

On deck, you spy Captain Barnabas out in the weather on the bridge, accompanied by Peppery Longfarthing, his sailing master. Plugg shouts out directions to the riggers manning the sails, and the captain and crew attempt to steer the Wormwood through wind and rain.

Likewise, most of the swabs are staying busy, especially the casters, who are all occupied with useful cantrips and orisons. Jack Scrimshaw has slipped away from duty however, having found himself a hiding place in the middle hold where he is currently working on a new scrimshaw project. Finally, though Giffer Tibbs and Shivikah are supposed to be catching and killing rats and other vermin, they are doing a poor job of it.

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv starts to help the rigging crew in an attempt to improve morale and the opinion of the crew. He avoids the work that would cause fatigue if he can.

Redbadge

Explorer
Toilday, 24 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:45:08), Bloody Hour
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

As you climb up through wind and rain to help with the rigging and sails, you can see that the rest of the crew is appreciative of the help. Plugg spots you and calls out, “Nice of you to join us Fish! Show the rest of the landlovers how a Fish thrives in this sh*t!"

For the next three hours, you help the Captain and crew try to drive around the storm. Nevertheless, as sunset nears, Plugg and Scourge are not about to miss Bloody Hour. Near the end of the day shift, as the crew gets ready to weigh anchor and ride the rest of the deluge out, Master Scourge heads below deck with a vile look on his face, rivulets of water running down his face and making his thick beard look like a mop. A few minutes later, he wordlessly returns, dragging along a hapless Jack Scrimshaw by the scruff of his collar. Without undue ceremony, he binds the young man to the rain slick mast and administers six lashes. When he cuts him free with a whale-bone-handled dagger, Jack collapses to the deck, unconscious. Scourge bends down and pulls the piece of art Jack was working on from the boy's grip, shakes his head, and chunks it into the churning ocean.

Scourge turns to the crew at-large, who continued to work during this series of events, and yells “Shifts o'er!" He and the other officers head below-decks, leaving Jack in a pile at the base of the mainmast.

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv motions Sandara over so they can treat his arm. "Will you look at this mess. I'd better clean some of this up before we start." [sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Cast Cure Light Wounds.[/sblock]

Redbadge

Explorer
Sandara accompanies you over to where Jack lies, obviously concerned. When you cast your cure spell, Jack snaps to, obviously confused. He looks around, flustered, "Wh- where am I? Wuz goin' on?"

The cleric answers first, “Come on, Jack. You were punished for slacking off again." She turns to you, “Best to get him out of the rain first, I think."

Redbadge

Explorer
Toilday, 24 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:51:57)

Sandara leads you both down to a secluded spot in the lower crew berths. After mostly drying out her hair with a discarded burlap sack and lighting her trusty smoking pipe, she throws off her heavy rain cloak to reveal a rain-soaked white bodice that clings salaciously to her back, shoulders, stomach, and chest, leaving very little to the imagination. As she puffs on the pipe and Jack gawks at her, she turns to you smiling and says through clenched teeth, “Been dyin' for one o' these all day. Anyways, ready to get started?"

Jack looks from the cleric back over to you, "So ya'll gonna finish healin' my hand?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases