Redbadge's Solo Skull and Shackles (IC)

BudroThePious

First Post
"Ah, thanks for the warning. Let's go get some food and see if we can help Jack."
OOC: What are the rest of the crew doing? What activities will be available to choose from this evening?

Redbadge

Explorer
Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (18:00:58), Bloody Hour
Lower Hold, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

After having finished dinner, most pirates gather in the lower hold. Tonight's entertainment consists mainly of stories- tales of sea monsters, pirate legends, and treasure hauls.

Jack is to be found by himself the middle hold however, though he has refrained from drinking tonight in anticipation of receiving your help.

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv gets Sandara's attention and points over to Jack. They head over and provide the aid they can as they discussed yesterday.
OOC: Jhiv takes 10 on a heal check to give Jack +4 and casts Remove Sickness. Sandara will cast Lesser Restoration twice, Resistance, and Moment of Greatness to double the benefit of Remove Sickness. In total it comes out to +13
[sblock=Current Status]Jhiv Viratek (Male undine druid/rogue 2)
N medium outsider (native, aquatic [amphibious])
Str 11 Dex 18 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 14

Key Skills Acrobatics +11, Bluff +7, Climb +7, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +2,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Local) +5, Knowledge (Nature) +3, Perception +10, Profession (Sailor) +10, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +9, Survival +10, Swim +15

Init +4 Spd 30 ft., Swim 30 ft. Senses Darkvision 60 ft. (normal light); Perception +10
AC 17, touch 14, FF 13 HP 13/13 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +7 CMB +1 CMD 15
Hero Points 3/3
Infamy 3/8
Disrepute 2/8

Melee Attack Unarmed Strike +5 (1d3/x2) [nonlethal]
Melee Attack Footlocker Key +1 (1d4/x2)

Currently Wielding Nothing (Hands Free)
Current Armor None (Explorer's Outfit)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, Straps, Pockets, etc.) [9 gp, 20 sp, 9 cp], Sprig of Holly, Mineral Prism, Footlocker Key
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, Belt Pouches, Saddle Bags, etc.) Belt Pouch (Nothing)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) Coin Purse (200 gp), Leather Armor, Darkwood Buckler, Rapier, Sap, Dagger, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Backpack (Masterwork), Mirror (Small Steel), Fishhook, Thieves' Tools, Twine (50 ft.), Tanglefoot Bag, Tindertwig (2)
Current Encumbrance 13 lbs (light load) Medium Load 39 lbs Heavy Load 77 lbs Max 115 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
2/2 (Cure Light Wounds/Obscuring Mist), 0/1 (Remove Sickness/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Obscuring Mist)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Mending)
Spell-like Abilities: 7/7 Storm Burst
Combat Options: Charge (full round action), Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm (Weapon Finesse), Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder
(Weapon Finesse), Trip (Weapon Finesse)

Defensive Abilities
Resistances:
Cold Resistance 5 (racial)

Situational Modifiers
Shackles Seafarer
+1 trait bonus on Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (Geography) checks while on the ocean
Besmara's Blessing once per week can reroll a Profession (Sailor) check and take the higher result (must announce use of this ability before the results of the check are known).
Hydrated Vitality Fast Healing 2 for 1 round anytime submerged completely within a body of natural water; stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water does not activate this ability; can heal up to 4 HP per day with this ability
Wormwood Reputation +2 bonus on all checks to influence crew-members of this ship (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform). This circumstance bonus stacks with other bonuses.
Windwalker
penalties from natural or magical wind effects are treated as one step less severe

Current Effects and Conditions:
Addiction (1 save in a row)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (18:13:31)
Middle Hold, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

Jack is fully cooperative, and Sandara follows your lead in casting all the spells you asked her to prepare. A couple of pirates wander through, giving you curious glances, but not interfering.

After a while, it is apparent that your preparations have taken hold successfully. Already, the young man's arm looks exponentially better. Sandara smiles, obviously pleased, and Jack thanks you profusely. "Thanks, mates. I... I... I think I'll make you both a little somethin' with my talents. Ya know, to thank ye."

Though you haven't completely cured Scrimshaw of filth fever, it's not hard to see that he has the greatest confidence in your ability to finish the task, and he already now considers you trust worthy friends. In fact, the look he is currently giving Sandara suggest even more than that.

[sblock=Ding!]Jack Scrimshaw is now helpful![/sblock][sblock=Reward]+50 XP[/sblock]

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv walks back over to the group and asks Rosie to get her fiddle to play some mood music for the tale he is about to spin. Once there is a lull in the story-telling he steps forward to try his hand at the craft. "So. Everyone sees the Fishman, everyone wonders about the Fishman. What dark lightless chasm could he come from, what swirling conflux of fate and tide could spawn such a wretched creature.” At this Jhiv smiles at the surrounding pirates. “Well, I’ll tell the story of how I came into this world. And what a tale it is.

Most of you lot gathered here now won’t be able to remember the great storm that wracked this whole place for almost the entire year of 4640, but that was the squall I was born into. People to this day, after over seventy years, still talk about that storm. Some say it was a storm from hell, some say it was the Pirate Queen’s wrath come down on us all. People who saw it say it rivaled the Eye itself. Image a hurricane that went from horizon to horizon, skies black as coal at high noon, enough lightning to read a book by, not that many of you sorry lot do much reading. Think of being trapped in rain that blew sideways, then up, then turned green, then purple, rain that could peel the flesh from your bones if you were foolish enough to go out in it. Now imagine that storm lasting for ten god forsaken months. That storm went from north of Mediogalti Island to south of the Jungle of Hungry Trees. And there was no eye in this storm, no calm, just rain and wind and thunder and lightning and death. Hundreds of ships were lost, from fat floundering galleons to some of the best and bravest pirates to plunder the seas at that time. No one was saved, none were spared. Whole islands were sunk beneath the frothing waves, entire villages and towns scoured from the coast.

And into that storm from hell my crazy mother decided to sail. I have no idea what drove her to do it, I was the only soul on the ship she took to live. She was a merchant, and she had business that took her from Eleder up to Ilizmagorti, or it would have.

I heard the story of that night from the man who raised me. He was a hermit who had some dealings with a merfolk clan off the coast and one day they brought him a small blue child and a tale to whiten your scalp. The merfolk saw what happened to the ship I was born on, and being able to breathe water is the only thing that saved them from sharing that ships fate. Her name was the Lucky Lady, but her luck had run out. She was a three masted merchant ship that had been able to out-sail the storms and pirates for years. When the merfolk who found me saw her she was climbing straight up the side of a wave they swore was over a hundred feet tall. They watched as that ship was beat all to hell for over an hour before the biggest wave any of them had ever seen crested over it. Those poor bastards swore on their mothers that the Lucky Lady was upside down inside the break of this beast and was driven to the bottom so hard that the masts were buried in the seabed. The only piece of that ship that ever saw the surface again was a door with me floating on top of it, mad as all hell.

It was a whole ‘nother month before that storm blew itself out and the sea calmed enough those merfolk risked the shallows to deliver me to that hermit. And that’s the truth of it sure as I’m standing here.”

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (18:51:19)
Lower Hold, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

The group of pirates surrounding you are enthralled by your tale, and very interactive. Some call out questions, others ask for clarifications, and still a couple more call bullocks. By the end of your yarn, all of the pirates are in a good mood, eager for more stories. Several more pirates line up to offer legends that they've heard.

While the others focus their attention on a new storyteller, Sandara leans over. "Come on now. That's not really true, is it?"

[sblock=Reward]+100 XP[/sblock]

BudroThePious

First Post
"Ah, well, it's at least half true. That was the story told to me by the druid that raised me and he had no reason to lie. Course he did have a flair for the dramatic and a love of brimstone. Let's listen to some of these other tales."

Redbadge

Explorer
The First Tale

Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (19:28:11)

The next storyteller is ready. All eyes turn towards Dungrin, the whispering dwarf. He walks to the center of the group, leaning on his weathered driftwood staff, carved with glowing runic wards. His gaze sweeps over the crowd. To add an extra touch to the atmosphere, he raises his hand and four glowing blue balls of light suddenly appear. He throws up his palm, and the wisps of light zoom to each corner of the hold, casting the room in a soft blue glow.

[sblock=Dungrin, the Whispering Dwarf]
Dwarf_Wizard2.jpg
[/sblock]

Suddenly, he speaks, his voice displaying an impressive range during his story, building from soft whispers all the way to booming, dramatic intonations.

“Let me tell you a secret. Listen carefully, and you’ll learn the tale of the Buzzard’s Bounty. The Blue Buzzard was the magnificent ship of Captain Johan Rorenet, and a wily captain he was. You see, though Captain Rorenet wasn’t into all the killing and pillaging typical of most pirates, he still loved himself a pile o’ plunder. The clever Rorenet caught a many o’ merchant ships in his day, and by jove if those merchants weren’t as pleased as pickles to see a pirate with a heart o’ gold.” Dungrin puts his palm up to his face and makes like he is whispering past the back of his hand to the crowd in the corner, “Some say Rorenet actually had a wizard replace his natural beatin’ heart with one made o’ gold.”

He continues to the audience at large, “Anyways, Rorenet caught many rich merchant vessels, and most were happy enough to turn over their goods without a fight, relieved to be accommodating the Captain’s good nature. Rorenet was quick to turn this plunder into gold and jewels, and afore long, the Blue Buzzard was stocked from stem to stern, hold to hatch, with treasure.

“Now, Rorenet wasn’t in to any o’ this buried treasure business. He thought that his riches were safest right on the Buzzard itself, where he could keep an eye on it, and count it if needs be. Easier to protect your loot if you can stand on top of it while fightin’ off those who come to steal it. O’ course, carrying around two tons o’ gold is a hard secret to keep from others, especially those who shared the Captain’s greed, but none o’ his mercy.

“A privateer fleet from Rahadoum, those godless men, they descended upon Johan Rorenet and his Blue Buzzard during the dead of one moonless night. Bein’ as paranoid as he was, however, Rorenet was not taken completely unawares. Seeing that he would lose his ship and wealth to the raiders, Rorenet was determined that if he couldn’t have it, then no else would, either. Though none know how he done it, the Captain sank the Blue Buzzard, even as the other pirates were boarding his ship and slaughtering his crew.

“That wily Captain Rorenet… not even death and the privateers of Rahadoum could keep him from hiding his plunder from thieves. Though Rorenet sank the Blue Buzzard near Tempest Cay, divers never found the Buzzard’s booty. Still, legends tell that the giant clams of the Cay sometimes open to reveal more than just pearls.” Dungrin smiles and winks as he wraps up his tale, clasping his hands into the shape of a clam, and slowly opening them up to reveal a large gold and ruby ring turned around on his finger to sit in his palm. The flickering blue lights shine over his hands like rippling water, and for a moment, you can almost picture a large underwater clam opening to reveal the bounty of the Buzzard.

[sblock=The Buzzard’s Bounty]
1345839189_the%20buzzard%27s%20bounty.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
The Second Tale

Moonday, 23 Desnus, 4712 AR (19:49:35)

“Oh really?” replies Sandara, feigning indignation. “Is that a challenge then?” She gives you a subtle wink as she stands up.

“Dungrin, you tell a dramatic story, but your grasp of facts is apparently limited. Everyone knows that those Rahadoumi pirates took Rorenet’s stash, sunk the ship, and made up that story so no one would come looking for the treasure from them. Stands to reason if you’re willing to murder and steal for a well-known horde, someone else will be as well. Now people like you are looking for phantom plunder at the bottom of the Cay while the Rahadoumi privateers are spending it all.”

The audience laughs as Sandara gets ready to tell her own tale.

“I doubt any of you have heard the tale of the Fisherman’s Folly. The fisherman I speak of was Chiminnie Ebbs. Not so grand a captain as Johan Rorenet to be sure, but Ebbs was still master of his own little fishing dingy. Like so many before him, hardworking Chiminnie Ebbs made a living bringing fish out of the sea. By Besmara’s good graces, Chiminnie earned himself quite the lucrative living at his trade, which he proved proficient enough at.

“Now Ebbs probably survived so well because of his frugality, and the fact that he never took a family. Without a wife to drive him into debt,” Sandara winks at some of the ladies in the room, “Ebbs was able to accumulate a fair amount of savings. Ebbs saved and saved, and after 20 years of his nets and poles, he had more money than his simple life style would probably ever allow him to spend.”

Sandara turns about the room, catching everyone’s eye. “Here’s where the story takes its turn. What did Chiminnie Ebbs do with his life savings? Well, he took the lot to a wizard. He had that wizard craft him a suit of armor that allowed the wearer to walk beneath the waves. Taproom tales never seem quite sure, but Ebbs either loved a mermaid or hated mermen so much that he fancied himself this custom-made suit. Personally, I believe that some little sea nymph got to him during all that time he spent out on the water fishing. Perhaps it was a mermaid, or some sort of siren.” Sandara turns her gaze on you. “Maybe it was a beautiful undine woman, living at the bottom of the ocean.

“Anyways, all we know is that Ebbs walked into the waters of Drenchport one day and never came back. I can’t say that anyone’s ever cared enough to miss Ebbs. Mayhap Ebbs himself is happy to this day, lounging against the bosom of some sea nymph. But if it worked, that armor sure is something special.” Sandara turns to where Dungrin leans against the wall, smug as can be. The cleric quickly flicks her fingers at him, casting create water. Several gallons of water appear above the dwarf’s head, before pouring down on top of him and drenching him head to toe. As Dungrin jumps up in surprise and blusters about, Sandara laughs and concludes her tale, “After all, it sure would’ve come in handy to poor Dungrin here.”

As Sandara returns to her seat by your side and Dungrin tries to dry himself out using his magic, the audience applauds and makes jokes at the dwarf’s expense.

“How was that?” Sandara asks you.

[sblock=Fisherman's Folly]
1345929441_fisherman%27s%20folly.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases