Redbadge's Solo Skull and Shackles (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
Sunday, 22 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:45:15), Bloody Hour [Round 3]
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

Owlbear is stunned by your quick footwork and latest blow. He seems unsure of himself, reluctant to continue the bout, but Plugg reaches down to a nearby club and tosses it at the man's feet. "Use this, you dumb brute!"

As the crowd roars in excitement, and your friends cry foul, Owlbear picks up the club and continues the fight armed, swinging at you with force.

[sblock=Fight Status]
Code:
[B]Init   Crewmember     AC/ T/FF     HP       Effects
[/B]21     Jhiv           14/14/10     6/6      
11     Owlbear        09/09/09     24/24   11 nonlethal damage, [I]Blind in One Eye[/I]
[/sblock]

GM: While Owlbear is swinging the club about, it becomes a DC 15 Acrobatics or Bluff check to dodge his swings from his blind side.

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
OOC: If I'm on his blind side and he can't see me shouldn't I get sneak attack damage because he cannot react to me?

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
I really need to close out this fight. He can probably knock me out with one hit. Shame these bastards keep stacking the deck against me.
Jhiv continues to circle the hulking Owlbear, spitting curses and drenched in sweat. His latest attack falls short as he has to avoid being brained by the club the brute keeps flailing about with.[sblock=Actions]Immediate Action: Acrobatics Check to Dodge Attack.
Free Action: 5ft Step to Owlbear's Left Side.
Standard Action: Attack Owlbear.[/sblock][sblock=Current Status]Jhiv Viratek (Male undine druid/rogue 1)
N medium outsider (native, aquatic [amphibious])
Str 11 Dex 18 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 14

Key Skills Acrobatics +10, Bluff +2, Climb +6, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +2,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Local) +5, Perception +9, Profession (Sailor) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth +8, Survival +10, Swim +15

Init +4 Spd 30 ft., Swim 30 ft. Senses Darkvision (normal light); Perception +9
AC 14, touch 14, FF 10 HP 6/6 Temp HP 0
Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 CMB +0 CMD 14
Hero Points 1/3

Melee Attack Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3/x2) [nonlethal]

Currently Wielding Nothing (hands free)
Current Armor None (Explorer's Outfit)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, Straps, Pockets, etc.) [9 gp, 20 sp, 9 cp], Sprig of Holly, Mineral Prism, Footlocker Key
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, Belt Pouches, Saddle Bags, etc.) Belt Pouch (Nothing)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) Leather Armor, Darkwood Buckler, Rapier, Sap, Dagger, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Backpack (Masterwork), Mirror (Small Steel), Fishhook, Thieves' Tools, Twine (50 ft.), Tanglefoot Bag, Tindertwig (2)
Current Encumbrance 9 lbs (light load) Medium Load 39 lbs Heavy Load 77 lbs Max 115 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
1/1 (Cure Light Wounds/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Remove Sickness/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Obscuring Mist)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Create Water, Purify Food and Drink, Mending)
Spell-like Abilities: 7/7 Storm Burst
Combat Options: Charge (full round action), Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm (Weapon Finesse), Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder
(Weapon Finesse), Trip (Weapon Finesse)

Defensive Abilities
Resistances:
Cold Resistance 5 (racial)

Situational Modifiers
Shackles Seafarer, Fast Healing 2 (Hydrated Vitality)

Current Effects and Conditions:
Addiction (-2 penalty to Con)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Owlbear tries to retaliate against your unarmed slaps, swinging down with a hammering blow, clipping you and leaving splinters in the deck as you are knocked aside, bruised, but still standing. The crowd cheers.

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Sunday, 22 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:45:21), Bloody Hour [Round 4]
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

Finally hitting you has raised Owlbear's confidence, and he swings with gusto into a wide, arcing attack, but this one is even easier to duck under than before.

[sblock=Fight Status]
Code:
[B]Init   Crewmember     AC/ T/FF     HP       Effects
[/B]21     Jhiv           14/14/10     [B][COLOR=DarkRed]1[/COLOR][/B]/6      
11     Owlbear        09/09/09     24/24   11 nonlethal damage, [I]Blind in One Eye[/I]
[/sblock]

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv pulls the key out of his pocket and attempts to gouge out the Owlbear's good eye, but misses.[sblock=Actions]Free Action: 5ft Step to Owlbear's Left Side.
Move Action: Retrieve Footlocker Key.
Standard Action: Attack the Owlbear.[/sblock][sblock=Current Status]Jhiv Viratek (Male undine druid/rogue 1)
N medium outsider (native, aquatic [amphibious])
Str 11 Dex 18 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 14

Key Skills Acrobatics +10, Bluff +2, Climb +6, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +2,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Local) +5, Perception +9, Profession (Sailor) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth +8, Survival +10, Swim +15

Init +4 Spd 30 ft., Swim 30 ft. Senses Darkvision (normal light); Perception +9
AC 14, touch 14, FF 10 HP 1/6 Temp HP 0
Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +6 CMB +0 CMD 14
Hero Points 1/3

Melee Attack Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3/x2) [nonlethal]
Melee Attack Footlocker Key +0 (1d4/x2)

Currently Wielding Footlocker Key
Current Armor None (Explorer's Outfit)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, Straps, Pockets, etc.) [9 gp, 20 sp, 9 cp], Sprig of Holly, Mineral Prism
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, Belt Pouches, Saddle Bags, etc.) Belt Pouch (Nothing)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) Leather Armor, Darkwood Buckler, Rapier, Sap, Dagger, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Backpack (Masterwork), Mirror (Small Steel), Fishhook, Thieves' Tools, Twine (50 ft.), Tanglefoot Bag, Tindertwig (2)
Current Encumbrance 9 lbs (light load) Medium Load 39 lbs Heavy Load 77 lbs Max 115 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
1/1 (Cure Light Wounds/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Remove Sickness/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Obscuring Mist)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Create Water, Purify Food and Drink, Mending)
Spell-like Abilities: 7/7 Storm Burst
Combat Options: Charge (full round action), Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm (Weapon Finesse), Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder
(Weapon Finesse), Trip (Weapon Finesse)

Defensive Abilities
Resistances:
Cold Resistance 5 (racial)

Situational Modifiers
Shackles Seafarer, Fast Healing 2 (Hydrated Vitality)

Current Effects and Conditions:
Addiction (-2 penalty to Con)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
GM: You may want to rewind your last turn, due to a rule you missed. As storm burst is a ranged touch attack, it does not interact well with casting defensively. See (Range Touch Spells in Combat). The current course of events is for Owlbear to take an attack of opportunity, regardless of the fact that your casting defensively failed and you already lost the spell, since the act that provokes (aiming the ranged touch attack) occurs while you are attempting to cast defensively. However, I am willing to allow you two options:

1. Resolve storm burst normally, after being subject to the attack of opportunity, as if you did not try to cast defensively (note that this violates the stated rules of the fight, and may or may not provoke a response from Scourge or Plugg).
2. Attempt some other action.

Redbadge

Explorer
As you approach with your improvised tool of destruction, the crowd gasps, before egging your new style on. Owlbear wards you off and tries to punish you with a quick skull bash while your guard is down, but his distracted blow slips and misses.

Scourge calls out to you, "Oy now, you can't do that!" His hands toy with his whip as he looks at you anxiously.

Plugg agrees, saying, "This is true. We don't want anybody hurt. We gave the club to Owlbear to level the playing field. I know you can do better than that, Fish."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases