Redbadge's Solo Skull and Shackles (IC)

BudroThePious

First Post
"That is definitely the best plan I've heard all day. Would you care for some food? I made it myself... though thinking about that, you might not want it knowing where it came from." Jhiv hands Sandara a plate of fish curry, "No, I'm joking. This is far and away better than the other day."

Redbadge

Explorer
Sandara takes the plate eagerly and takes several bites. “Oooh, spicy. A notch above tonight, I must say. Is there a special occasion? Other than the weather I mean." She gives you a wink and continues to eat.

BudroThePious

First Post
"I had time to actually finish the food today, and Fishguts wasn't drunk as a skunk. That man can cook like nobody's business. Is there anything in particular that you would like cooked?"

Redbadge

Explorer
“Oh, nah. I'm actually pretty fond of Fish." She gives you a sly smile before pausing. “You know, I haven't had sweets since I was a child. I don't suppose that your master chef could cook up something of that sorts, huh?"

BudroThePious

First Post
"Hmm, I really don't know. I'll have to ask." [sblock=Current Status]Jhiv Viratek (Male undine druid/rogue 2)
N medium outsider (native, aquatic [amphibious])
Str 11 Dex 18 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 14

Key Skills Acrobatics +11, Bluff +7, Climb +7, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +2,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Local) +5, Knowledge (Nature) +3, Perception +10, Profession (Sailor) +10, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +9, Survival +10, Swim +15

Init +4 Spd 30 ft., Swim 30 ft. Senses Darkvision 60 ft. (normal light); Perception +10
AC 17, touch 14, FF 13 HP 13/13 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +7 CMB +1 CMD 15
Hero Points 3/3
Infamy 3/8
Disrepute 2/8

Melee Attack Unarmed Strike +5 (1d3/x2) [nonlethal]
Melee Attack Footlocker Key +1 (1d4/x2)

Currently Wielding Nothing (Hands Free)
Current Armor None (Explorer's Outfit)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, Straps, Pockets, etc.) [9 gp, 20 sp, 9 cp], Sprig of Holly, Mineral Prism, Footlocker Key
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, Belt Pouches, Saddle Bags, etc.) Belt Pouch (Nothing)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) Coin Purse (200 gp), Leather Armor, Darkwood Buckler, Rapier, Sap, Dagger, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Backpack (Masterwork), Mirror (Small Steel), Fishhook, Thieves' Tools, Twine (50 ft.), Tanglefoot Bag, Tindertwig (2)
Current Encumbrance 13 lbs (light load) Medium Load 39 lbs Heavy Load 77 lbs Max 115 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
0/1 (Cure Light Wounds/Obscuring Mist), 1/2 (Remove Sickness/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Obscuring Mist)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Mending)
Spell-like Abilities: 7/7 Storm Burst
Combat Options: Charge (full round action), Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm (Weapon Finesse), Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder
(Weapon Finesse), Trip (Weapon Finesse)

Defensive Abilities
Resistances:
Cold Resistance 5 (racial)

Situational Modifiers
Shackles Seafarer
+1 trait bonus on Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (Geography) checks while on the ocean
Besmara's Blessing once per week can reroll a Profession (Sailor) check and take the higher result (must announce use of this ability before the results of the check are known).
Hydrated Vitality Fast Healing 2 for 1 round anytime submerged completely within a body of natural water; stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water does not activate this ability; can heal up to 4 HP per day with this ability
Wormwood Reputation +2 bonus on all checks to influence crew-members of this ship (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform). This circumstance bonus stacks with other bonuses.
Windwalker
penalties from natural or magical wind effects are treated as one step less severe

Current Effects and Conditions:
Flat-Footed[/sblock]

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
Jhiv gets his money then goes looking for a dice game that's about more than his miserable luck.[sblock=Current Status]Jhiv Viratek (Male undine druid/rogue 2)
N medium outsider (native, aquatic [amphibious])
Str 11 Dex 18 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 14

Key Skills Acrobatics +11, Bluff +7, Climb +7, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +4, Heal +4, Intimidate +2,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Local) +5, Knowledge (Nature) +3, Perception +10, Profession (Sailor) +10, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +9, Survival +10, Swim +15

Init +4 Spd 30 ft., Swim 30 ft. Senses Darkvision 60 ft. (normal light); Perception +10
AC 17, touch 14, FF 13 HP 13/13 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +7 CMB +1 CMD 15
Hero Points 3/3
Infamy 3/8
Disrepute 2/8

Melee Attack Unarmed Strike +5 (1d3/x2) [nonlethal]
Melee Attack Footlocker Key +1 (1d4/x2)

Currently Wielding Nothing (Hands Free)
Current Armor None (Explorer's Outfit)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, Straps, Pockets, etc.) [9 gp, 20 sp, 9 cp], Coin Purse (200 gp), Sprig of Holly, Mineral Prism, Footlocker Key
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, Belt Pouches, Saddle Bags, etc.) Belt Pouch (Nothing)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) Leather Armor, Darkwood Buckler, Rapier, Sap, Dagger, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Backpack (Masterwork), Mirror (Small Steel), Fishhook, Thieves' Tools, Twine (50 ft.), Tanglefoot Bag, Tindertwig (2)
Current Encumbrance 15 lbs (light load) Medium Load 39 lbs Heavy Load 77 lbs Max 115 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
0/1 (Cure Light Wounds/Obscuring Mist), 1/2 (Remove Sickness/Obscuring Mist), 1/1 (Obscuring Mist)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Mending)
Spell-like Abilities: 7/7 Storm Burst
Combat Options: Charge (full round action), Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm (Weapon Finesse), Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder
(Weapon Finesse), Trip (Weapon Finesse)

Defensive Abilities
Resistances:
Cold Resistance 5 (racial)

Situational Modifiers
Shackles Seafarer
+1 trait bonus on Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (Geography) checks while on the ocean
Besmara's Blessing once per week can reroll a Profession (Sailor) check and take the higher result (must announce use of this ability before the results of the check are known).
Hydrated Vitality Fast Healing 2 for 1 round anytime submerged completely within a body of natural water; stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water does not activate this ability; can heal up to 4 HP per day with this ability
Wormwood Reputation +2 bonus on all checks to influence crew-members of this ship (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform). This circumstance bonus stacks with other bonuses.
Windwalker
penalties from natural or magical wind effects are treated as one step less severe

Current Effects and Conditions:
Flat-Footed[/sblock]

Redbadge

Explorer
Toilday, 24 Desnus, 4712 AR (18:19:20)
Lower Hold, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

You find what you are looking for in the lower hold. Dungrin, Giffer, Samms, and Tilly have gathered around for a bluffing dice game called Deceit.

Once you inquire about the game, they invite you into the group, explaining the rules. After a round of ante, everyone rolls a pair of dice beneath a cup. After each person secretly looks at their result, play moves around the table with each person declaring their total, either lying or telling the truth. The trick is that you are frequently required to declare numbers other than the total you have. Dungrin carefully explains the rules of play, and you can tell that this game will mostly come down to bluffing skills. One person is eliminated each round, followed by another round of ante, until only one person is left who wins the entire pot.

GM: We will resolve this game using the following rules:
1. All five players ante 10 gold into the pot.
2. All players make opposed Bluff checks; the lowest result is eliminated from the game.
3. The remaining players ante again; they make opposed Bluff checks and the lowest result is eliminated.
4. Repeat until only 1 player remains; that person wins the entire pot (likely 150 gp).
5. If you would be eliminated, you may make a Slight of Hand check opposed by the Perception of each remaining player to alter your dice to match your last declaration, thus remaining in the game at the expense of the next worse bluffer. However, being caught may entail significant repercussions.

Redbadge

Explorer
Dungrin nods, and says “Let's play."

Dungrin, Giffer, Samms, and Tilly all rattle around their dice and slam their cups down on the crate you are using for a table. The gnome Giffer, one of the story-tellers from last night, is somewhat eccentric in that she uses a chicken skull instead of a wooden cup to roll and conceal her results.

As you join them in their roll, everyone looks about, and the bluffing begins.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases