(Suspended) OOC The Thirteenth Moon, a Story-Driven Campaign (D&D 3.5 Eberron)

Ravyn

First Post
Sorry I haven't given you a concept. I'm trying to do a little research on eberron before I dive into it. I am leaning towards a rouge, though.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
No need to rush. And just a general outline for the character is all that is needed at this point. There is the stron possibility I will allow for secondary characters ad henchmen/hirelings in this campaign, not right off te bat, but as you make contact with more NPCs some of them could be drawn to your side.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Hey... Sorry I've not been in this thread sooner or replied to the other thread...

Been away from ENWorld a few days sorry

I definitely still want in.

I have a few thoughts of characters... would a druid be unacceptable since we're going to be in Sharn?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
A druid would work, although a druid might be somewhat out of his element in a big city. Nevertheless it is not unheard of. There are actually a large number of gardens and parks that are tended to by those with natural inclinations and at least a few well-known druids who actually make the city their home for various reasons. Nevertheless they are uncommon compared to most other character classes.

There are a number of druidic factions in Eberron. The classic druid would belong to the Wardens of the Wood and they are fairly amicable to co-existing with urbanization so long as nature reserves and sacred grounds are respected. But there are other sects with varying views of the world and how it relates to nature. You can read about them briefly in the Eberron Campaign Setting if you have it. Otherwise it would be best to assume you belong to the Wardens of the Wood.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Since I am only looking for four players and five have expressed interest, that means someone may get cut. But I will take five enthusiastic players if they are there. PBP being what it is though, I imagine one or two interested players will have to drop for various reasons, much as in tabletop games. So I am not going to cut anyone at this point. Let's proceed with the assumption that everyone who has expressed interest so far will be playing and see where we end up when we are ready to start. And I am still willing to let alternates develop characters in case more than one has to drop.

Moon_Goddess

Ok, here's what I'm thinking about...

A true neutral Child of Winter Druid from the Eldeen Reaches. Come to Sharn to "prepare" the world.

However now I'm thinking that I've always wanted to play a telepath in a social game, so

Human Telepath Psion from Cyre, Come to Sharn because there is a commnity of survivors here.

Which do you think would be better?

Ravyn

First Post
Ok after doing some research. I think I want to be a fighter/rouge that is an agent for the citadel. If that's ok with you.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Darwin I think a child of winter Druid could be very interesting in this campaign. There are definitely dark things on the horizon, and someone who believes the world is ready to be born anew could see this as a particularly poignant omen. On the other hand a telepath would fit in very well. I like both ideas. Pick the one that most appeals to you.

Ravyn, I like your idea. A character affiliated with the Citadel will definitely give us some possible hooks.

Moon_Goddess

ooooo I've got reasons I wanna play both...

*twitch*

Someone pick on for me I'm having trouble deciding.....

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As we get ready for this campaign, I figured it would be a good idea to give you guys a feel for the City of Towers. I will sprinkle in some information from time to time about Sharn to give you an idea of the key players in the city and what they represent.

Adventurers might well find adventuring companions in Clifftop (in Upper Dura) or Deathsgate (in Middle Tavick's Landing), two city districts that particularly cater to the adventuring crowd. Each features a guild of adventurers named after the district, and the two gilds have an ongoing rivalry that swings between friendly and violent. True to its name, the Deathsgate Guild tends to attract more violent, freewheeling adventurers, while the Clifftop Guild generally attracts people with more of a moral compass. Both guilds provide a fine source of adventuring companions and cohorts, and refer their members to other services and hirelings as well. An adventurer's guild membership costs 13 gp per year for the Clifftop Guild and 12 gp per year for the Deathsgate Guild.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases