[LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 245
  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    [LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death

    Another fine Living Pathfinder Game. If your not in the LPF you should really look to joining.

    Game INFO:
    DM: HolyMan
    Judge: unknown
    Starting Date: July 25, 2012
    Ending Date: November 16 2012
    Game Days: 116

    Characters:

    Damaris Beiryn played by @soulnova

    Vax played by @Chronikoce

    Cavernous Hode played by @Systole

    Aedger Beinn played by @vmaaxt

    Encounter Tracking

    kobold zombies CR 1 (400xp)
    severed heads CR 1 (405xp)
    skeletons CR 1 (405xp)
    zombie wolves CR 2 (600xp)
    armored ogre skeleton CR 2 (600xp)
    Zarrin CR 4 (1,200xp)

    Total XP: 3,610
    Total per Character: 902xp

    Rewards Tracking

    Time Based XP:
    812 TXP = Vax, Aedger, and Damaris

    1,276 TXP = Cavernous Hode

    Time Based GP:
    696 TGP = Vax, Aedger, and Damaris

    1,276 TGP = Cavernous Hode

    Adventure Treasure:
    Total Encounter GP: 4,500gp
    Each Players take: 1,125gp

    Items for "purchase"

    LG half plate armor 600gp
    LG morningstar 8gp

    potion of disguise self, 50gp
    potion of expeditious retreat, 50gp
    potion of protection from arrows, 300gp
    potion of resist energy; 300gp
    alchemy lab, portable 75gp
    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 17th November, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Damaris currently sits in the back room alone wondering if she should greet her sister or not. Her companions have long joined in the revelry out in the common room, but she didn't wish to say hello just yet.

    As she idly turns the pages of a book found among the shelves she hears the half ajar door open a little more.

    "Oh, sorry miss. I beg your pardon. I was looking for someone. I didn't mean to disturb you." an old man with sun-dark skin and what looks like a farmers outfit on. His face takes a down trodden and defeated look as he turns away.

    "I guess they aren't here," he sighs.

    He doesn't get far as others coming from the common room suddenly block the small hallway, congesting the doorway a bit.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #3
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    soulnova's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cancun
    Posts
    1,000

    Ignore soulnova
    My communities:

    "Oh no, you didn't disturb me at all. Please don't mind me, go ahead and take a seat..." she smiles at the man but seeing so many people suddenly appear at the entrance made her duck a little behind the new found book. Realizing that his sister is not among them she relax and sighs, placing the book on a nearby table. "I was actually getting quite bored over here" she chuckles.

    It is hard to tell exactly how old is she. She certainly takes care of her looks but there's this naivety about her that still makes her feel young, even childish. Maybe 16 but she could be 15.




    Spoiler:

    Damaris - Bard lvl 1
    HP 8/8
    AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
    CMB+2 | CMD 15
    Saves: F+0 | R+5 | W+1

    INIT +3
    Perception +3 | Sense Motive -1

    Shortbow +3 1d6

    Bard Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound.
    Bard Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep.
    Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

    Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

    Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firewerk Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (20), Alchemist Fire.
    Fantasy Maps || http://fantasy-maps.blogspot.com/

  • #4
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Chronikoce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    177

    Ignore Chronikoce

    Vax (Lvl 1)

    The elderly man's sudden stop at the door nearly causes Vax (who was hurrying after him) to run into the man. In his best attempt at a conspiratorial whisper which he fails at rather badly since his voice has a natural tendency to boom (in addition to the added volume produced by his excitement) Vax addresses the man.

    "I couldn't help but overhear that you were in need of mighty heroes. I may not have a name around these parts just yet but I assure you that 'Crusher' here" he says while gesturing to the large hammer on his back "did not gain that name from being set down upon a flower bed." He finishes with a booming laugh exceedingly pleased at the joke he has made.

    Placing an arm around the sun-darkened man Vax hurries him into the room "You must tell me more of your needs so that I might gain much glory by alleviating your problems."

    Vax is so focused on learning more of the man and assuring that he gets to partake in whatever adventure is brewing that he hasn't even noticed the attractive young girl who shares a room with them.

    Vax

    Vax


    Appearance: Vax is a rather tall and well built man. His time outdoors has left him decently tanned and the hood of his cloak is currently thrown back. The right side of his face has a scar that runs down it from temple to chin. Similar scarring can be seen on his forearms. With his hood thrown back you can see that his hair is dark brown and wavy (down to just above his shoulders) although it is not particularly well kept and his gray eyes are glinting with excitement as he thinks of the adventure to come.

    Raging

    AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
    HP: 15/15
    CMB: +7 CMD: 19
    Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4
    Speed: 30'

    Perception: +4
    Initiative: +2

    Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
    Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
    Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage


    Not Raging

    AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
    HP: 13/13
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17
    Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2
    Speed: 30'

    Perception: +4
    Initiative: +2

    Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
    Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
    Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage

    Current Conditions in Effect: None

    Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Last edited by Chronikoce; Wednesday, 25th July, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    vmaaxt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    98

    Ignore vmaaxt
    My communities:

    Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

    Stepping near the aged man, Aedger whispers, "Pardon me, sir, but I couldn't help but catch a few words of your conversation with Mr. Grog. Did you say the word 'zombie' to him? I'm usually not so prying, but certain words catch my ears more than others, and 'zombie' is chief among them. They are of... particular interest to me, and if someone has seen them recently, I would very much like to speak with them, learn the details of their encounter, and then, if needed, put the evil undead to peace, and eliminate the source. Your outfit suggests you are a farmer, and I suspect precious few farmers have a good reason to come into contact with the undead in this area."

    Noticing the others in the room, he says, "Ah, Mr. Vax, I am unsurprised, but glad to see you. I suspect that you and your Crusher may be of some value in helping me with my task." Turning towards the young lady, Aedger gives a small bow, "Good day, miss, my name is Aedger Beinn, priest of Teg-Natha and Teg-Selen. "

    MiniStats

    Aedger Beinn, Aasimar Cleric (Undead Lord) 1
    Init:
    +2 AC: 15, t:12, ff:13
    HP: 08 Perception: +9
    CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Speed: 30ft.
    Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
    Resist 5: Cold, Acid, Electric
    Senses: Darkvision 60ft

    Current Effects: None

    In Hand: Nothing

    Special Powers
    Channel Negative Energy 1d6, 6/day, Will DC 14 Used: 0
    Death's Kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day Used: 0
    Command Undead

    Spells Prepared:
    Orisons:
    Light
    Guidance
    Detect Magic
    Level 1: (DC 14)
    Cause Fear (domain)
    Bless
    Cure Light Wounds
    Spell Like Abilities
    Daylight (1/day)


    Attacks:
    Crossbow, Light: +2 Attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' Bolts: 30
    Morningstar: +0 Attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

    skills
    Skills Total Rank CS Ability ACP Misc
    Acrobatics 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Appraise 01 0 0 1 +0
    Bluff 03 0 0 3 +0
    Climb -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
    Craft ( ) 01 0 0 1 +0
    Diplomacy 10 1 3 3 +3*
    Disable Device 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Disguise 03 0 0 3 +0
    Escape Artist 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Fly 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Handle Animal 0 0 3 +0
    Heal 03 0 0 3 +0
    Intimidate 03 0 0 3 +0
    Knowledge (Arcana) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Dngnrng) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Engnrng) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Geography) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (History) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Local) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Nature) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Nobility) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Planes) 0 0 1 +0
    Knowledge (Religion) 05 1 3 1 +0
    Linguistics 0 0 3 +0
    Perception 09 1 3 3 +2 (Racial)
    Perform ( ) 03 0 0 3 +0
    Profession ( ) 0 0 3 +0
    Ride 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Sense Motive 07 1 3 3 +0
    Sleight of Hand 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Spellcraft 0 0 1 +0
    Stealth 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
    Survival 03 0 0 3 +0
    Swim -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
    Use Magic Device 0 0 3 +0

    * +1,Ease Of Faith, +2 Race


    Carrying:
    Holstered:
    Crossbow, Light & Bolts
    Morningstar
    Pockets
    Earplugs (4x)
    Chalk (3x)
    Ink (1 oz. vial)
    Inkpen (2x)
    Paper, rice (5 sheets)

    ----
    Blue, Skeletal Companion (Medium Undead)
    Init:
    +2 AC: 17, t:12, ff:15
    HP: 11 Perception: +0
    CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Speed: 30ft.
    Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2
    Immune: Cold Undead Traits
    DR: 5/bludgeoning
    Senses: Darkvision 60ft

    Current Effects: None

    In Hand: Nothing

    Attacks:
    Scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw 3 (1d4+1)
    or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
    or Dagger +2 (1d4+2), Range 10'
    or Javelin +2 (1d6+2/2), Range 30' Remaining: 3

    Carrying:
    Holstered:
    Scimitar
    Dagger
    Javelins
    Backpack
    Rope, Hemp (50ft)(x2)
    Plank, Collapsable
    Wandermeal (4 servings)
    Chalk (6x)




    I am the reason that calculators are banned from the gaming table.

  • #6
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,104

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    "Cavernous Hode reporting for adventure! After which he shall no doubt win the heart of a certain tiefling maiden with a most exceptional bodice!" There's an evil hiss from the rafters. "Oh, and Mister Dickens is reporting as well, although Mister Dickens is mostly coming along to nibble on things, as he is not so much interested in tiefling maidens and bodices as Cavernous Hode is. However, Mister Dickens is an aficionado of hearts, albeit more in a culinary sense than a romantic one."

    Mini Stats



    Cavernous Hode
    AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 20/20
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
    Speed: 20'

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

    0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist


    Mister Dickens
    AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
    HP: 23/23
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
    Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

    Perception: +5
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #7
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    soulnova's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cancun
    Posts
    1,000

    Ignore soulnova
    My communities:

    Damaris' eyes started to go wide in excitement as she heard the group. Heroes? Zombies? GLORY!?

    "Oh my goddess, this it too good to be real."

    She turns to Aedger and gives him a courtesy. "Good sir, I don't know where you are going, but I must inform you that this adventure you mention is exactly what I've been looking! ...uhm, maybe except for the zombies..." she frowns a little, taping the edge of her lips but then she shrugs. "-but no matter! I'm sure a bunch of strong men and a man of faith like you will have no trouble with such foes."


    "In any case, I MUST sing about this adventure of yours... I beg you to allow me to follow you. You need not to worry about me. I have an aim that I'm very proud of." she taps at the bow at her back with a wink.


    OOC
    Hey, is it too late to change my second performance skill from Act to Dance instead?? O_O!



    Ministats

    Damaris - Bard lvl 1
    HP 8/8
    AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
    CMB+2 | CMD 15
    Saves: F+0 | R+5 | W+1

    INIT +3
    Perception +3 | Sense Motive -1

    In hand
    Shortbow +3 1d6 x3
    Longsword +2 1d8+2 (19-20)x2


    Bard Cantrips (DC 12): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound.
    Bard Spells (DC13): Lvl1 Grease, Sleep.
    Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

    Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

    Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firewerk Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (20), Alchemist Fire.
    Last edited by soulnova; Wednesday, 25th July, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Fantasy Maps || http://fantasy-maps.blogspot.com/

  • #8
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    vmaaxt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    98

    Ignore vmaaxt
    My communities:

    Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

    "Ah, Mr. Hode. Excellent to see you. I've heard stories of strange things. Undead things. Perhaps you can help me? I'm sure that stories of destroying the forces of evil, that threaten this very society, will impress Ms. Marla."

    Turning to the fair young lady, "I don't know Ms... I don't believe I've caught your name. And I don't know where I am going either. All I know is my mission requires me to protect society, by any means necessary. And that if an evil undead is threatening decent people, I must intervene. My Gods demand it. It will likely be dangerous, though, and I do not know if you would be able to help us." The cleric pauses for a moment, and pulls a pendant in the shape of two clasped hands out from his robes, and studies it pensively for a moment. "However, Teg-Natha and Teg-Selen tell us to not exclude anyone. Tell me, could you keep yourself safe? I've known many singers in my day. Some were capable of defending themselves, Others... thought they were able. I would not want your death on my hands. I suspect that a young lady like yourself has many people concerned about her well being. On the other hand, I suspect that Misters Hode and Vax would welcome someone who could chronicle their tale. Make no mistake about it though, if you come along know that there will be danger, and that even the three of us may not be able to protect you."

    Turning to Vax, "Mr. Vax, I am hoping that you are not reliant solely on your Crusher. If there are zombies afoot, your mighty hammer is not the best choice for dealing with them. They make a rather unpleasant noise when they are hit, and an even more unpleasant mess. Even then they don't seem to be slowed too much by hammers, or Picks, for that matter Mr. Hode, they tend to simply accept it, and continue on in their mindless mission. Hammers are good at breaking bones, but zombies don't worry about that. And picks are good for causing grievous injuries, but only to creatures who bleed. In my experience, the best tool for dealing with zombies is something that cuts, slices. A sword, or scimitar. A glaive or guisarme is even better to keep the shambling horde from being too close. Just something to think about Mr. Vax."

    ooc
    @soulnova: Blue, my trusty companion, isn't in the room at the moment. I tend to put him in a private area, such as the bedroom I've rented, when we are in town. Even when he is around, he is usually covered up, to disguise his skeletal nature. People tend to be worried when they see an undead, regardless of what color it is painted.
    I am the reason that calculators are banned from the gaming table.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Chronikoce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    177

    Ignore Chronikoce

    Vax (Lvl 1)

    "Now this is turning into a truly splendid adventure! Zombies you say? And a maiden who can both chronicle our deeds and is in need of protection! What more could we want?" Turning to Cavernous Hode "It seems we have picked quite the winning combination haven't we? I hope our deeds help in your conquest of Marla though I don't know if I would tempt fate with that one myself hehe."

    A look of concern crosses his face at Aedger's words regarding zombies and their predisposition to ignoring hammers but with a shrug he replies "They may try to ignore my 'Crusher' all they like but it is a hard customer who likes to hammer its point home." Chuckling to himself over yet another infinitely witty joke he seems to dismiss Aedger's worries.

    Pulling up a chair near the young lady "I'd be glad to have someone along who likes to tell stories and even better if they enjoy writing them! Vax is my name, no title of sorts just yet but perhaps this will be the adventurer and you the clever writer who bestows one upon me!"

  • #10
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,104

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    "Someone to sing of Cavernous Hode's valorous deeds? Yes, Cavernous Hode sees how this might be of use in his quest to win the horned maiden's heart. However, this would require that Cavernous Hode's valorous deeds were related in the most positive light. Is it proper etiquette to tip the composer for better service in a situation such as this?"
    Mini Stats



    Cavernous Hode
    AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 20/20
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
    Speed: 20'

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

    0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist


    Mister Dickens
    AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
    HP: 23/23
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
    Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

    Perception: +5
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Collaborative Cave!
      By der_kluge in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 312
      Last Post: Monday, 23rd July, 2007, 07:20 AM
    2. Ted's Cave
      By Yellow Sign in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Saturday, 22nd November, 2003, 10:08 AM
    3. Cave in => buried... how do you get out?
      By Darklone in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Wednesday, 20th August, 2003, 03:04 AM
    4. cave maps
      By alsih2o in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th April, 2003, 04:14 AM
    5. They've got a Cave Troll...
      By Jay_Kinnear in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd August, 2002, 07:19 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •