Gaming W/Jemal: Circle of Champions (Debut Battle)

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC Thread
Rogue's Gallery
Current cast :
Jonathon Lindworm
Sam Corgan
Xolotl the death god
Redstone the crystal golem
Titan the Canadian Cyclops Robot

IC:

"WELCOME Citizens to the Champions Arena! Tonight's match is an introductory match for two new teams.
Our match for the evening will be taking place in the always popular 'Urban Warzone'. We will be pitting these teams of 5 against each other for no reason other than to test their abilities to fight for you the people!"

"Lets go now to our cameras in the arena as the teams arrive in position.."

<Urban Warzone Combat Arena>
The five members of Savior's newly-formed group are teleported into a hundred foot wide cleared space on the northern end of the arena. All around them are toppled buildings, ruins, rubble, and old destroyed or abandoned vehicles. To the south one mile, in the center of the arena, rises the tallest remaining building, the outside bristling with automated defenses, obviously protecting something. They see a beam of similar light two miles to the south, on the other side of the middle tower, indicating where their opponents have been deposited.

As the new team looks around at their surroundings, they realize the match has started, and they must decide upon their battle plan and course of action.

OOC: Arena info :
This arena is a two mile diameter section of a standard cityscape which was not rebuilt after the war. Most of the buildings have been run down & destroyed, though some have survived, the tallest of which is 5 stories tall.
On the top floor of the tallest building will be located a beneficial item guarded by constructs.
The Subway system underneath is riddled with traps but also contains a beneficial item that can help in the fight.

You know nothing about your opponents for this round except that there are five of them.

As far as specifics on the surroundings, just imagine a general urban area like i had described - subway entrances, buildings, rubble, etc. If specific locations/areas/descriptions matter, I'll do them, otherwise feel free to describe it yourself. If you want to go into the subway, just say you head into a subway entrance, if you want to enter a building, just write how you go in. The only exceptions will be made fairly obvious (Such as the central tower)

I need to know if you're sticking together, splitting up, which direction you're heading, underground, above ground, special movement modes, how fast, etc..
If your character has any special senses or other things you feel I should keep in mind, please keep a notation of them in the ooc section of your posts.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Titan at first looks shut-down, but after a few seconds activates with a few machinist sounds and gadgets mobilizing, this unit is active. "Main eye operational, cannon charged, power core full power, systems online. Running diagnostics." this unit starts stating the obvious "Urban warzone with smashed up buildings, cars, trains, buildings, cats, dogs, people, cars, more buildings, planes, a space ship or two, a lot of Starbucks, possibly some Tim Hortons. A subway system is underneath, safe and stable ... unknown. Destruction caused by the Third Great War, highly probable. Five subjects are our opposition. This unit is used to this environment, but different city causes problems. This unit awaits command input." This unit looks over its partners for input

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Redstone

Redstone first waits for someone else to give orders, still relatively new to free will. He stands imposingly, head and shoulders even over the warbot and the dragon. His crystalline body glitters in the illumination as he looks at the others unblinking. Then he simply declares: "I'm to heavy and not a good climber. And I'm too big to move effectively through tunnels. But I can guard a place or take a direct route."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Sam does a back flip into the air and lands on, nothing. He seems to be standing a few feet off the ground. His return to mobility, with extras, is still exhilarating. As he looks around at the others, Redstone speaks up. That's a good point. With our maneuverability options limited, it seems we have three options. One, Blitzkrieg. Head straight for them and bring down the hammer. Two, Ambush. We scout them out and select a nice spot so they don't know what hit them. Three, we could split up and try to take one of the assets they have planted for us."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Xolotl stands tiny compared to the titanic size of his other team mates. His corrupted, amorphous shape shines with sickly cyan energy. He taps his strange staff in the pavement. "Our options, reduced are. A ritual, perhaps, aid could provide. Perfectly sounds, to ambush and hide." his voice comes as if from several persons speaking at the same time, some more like wailing, some shouting. The mixture provides an eerie feeling to it.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jonathan clambers up onto a dilapidated car, half buried in rubble, and cranes his neck upwards, looking around. He stretches his wings eagerly as he considers the area.

"Well, I could go take a look from a better vantage point. . ."

He pauses for a moment as he considers the tower's bristling weaponry.

"But I guess I'd be a bit of a target. Are we gonna take the tower? I always like seeing what they have up there."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Sam looks up at Jonathan. "Yeah, the two of us could go up there, but with our composition I'll have to agree with Mr. Creepy over here." Looking over at Xolotl he continues, "So what do you have in mind that would help us?

Voda Vosa

First Post
"An eye in the shadows, a spy in their burrows,
to our foes locate, and utterly decimate."
sings the ancient god in the cacophony that makes up his voice. "If known their location is to us, we can stab their backs."

BBs

First Post
"This unit inquires how is it that we will gain a stealthy allie, and to hide and wait." This unit looks on to the group "Judging by our composition, most of us are unskillful to be stealthy. Although the ritual you implied sounds like it would help, but does it requires a price?" It pauses for a moment. "All in all, that does sound like our best option so far."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
The group surveys their options, discussing tactics.

A quick inspection reveals that the subway should be large enough to fit them, the corridors underneath appearing to be about 20'(6m) tall/wide.

[sblock=perception DC 17]
The towers guns do not seem to be capable of pointing down, and are all positioned on the third or higher floor. Most remaining buildings do not exceed one or two stories, so there would be a little room below the gunline to fly about without getting shot out of the air.
[/sblock]
OOC:
I believe none of the grown individuals is larger than 20'..

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases