Pathfinder Battles Preview: Rise of the Runelords Round-Up

P

Paizo

While our cameras are clicking in anticipation of future blogs, I thought it was high time to reveal the complete official set list for the Rise of the Runelords set, complete with collector numbers and rarities.

Read this article at the Paizo blog.

Last edited by a moderator:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I'm just so happy I got most of my minis when DDM first came out almost 10 years ago; the prices are just so much higher these days.

JeffB

Legend
Pawns for me. No collectible BS. No high prices. And just as effective for their intended use.

My 12 yo son actually prefers pawns over minis as well. Feels the minis look too "kiddy".

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Pawns for me. No collectible BS. No high prices. And just as effective for their intended use.

I don't really buy just as effective. A good set of a miniatures makes it easy to keep track of who the lizardmen are and who the kobolds are and where the kobold chief is. It also can make clear where the larger creature's squares of control are. A good set of miniatures gives a sense of scale that nothing else can; it's a lot easier to visualize the colossal dragon versus the halfling when you can look at the foot tall dragon and half-inch tall halfling.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I don't really buy just as effective. A good set of a miniatures makes it easy to keep track of who the lizardmen are and who the kobolds are and where the kobold chief is. It also can make clear where the larger creature's squares of control are. A good set of miniatures gives a sense of scale that nothing else can; it's a lot easier to visualize the colossal dragon versus the halfling when you can look at the foot tall dragon and half-inch tall halfling.

I think JeffB is referring to the cardstock minis being put out by Paizo as well. So you still get the scale and image - just not the high cost of the minis.

I'm buying the minis, but they are very (too?) expensive and I certainly understand people not buying them because of the cost.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
We are more than happy to sell you those, too.

To every man his preferred counter. :)

--Erik

I'm just waiting until you start selling life-size sculpts... at which point I'll probably start screaming and running in the opposite direction.

Erik, what do you use in your games? Miniatures, counters or Theatre of the Mind? :)

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases