Rats in the Sewer: A D&D Next Fan Adventure

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I know a lot of people are completing Caves of Chaos, so I figured I'd check with WotC and see if it was okay to release a free adventure meant to be used with the playtest. The response I got was that it's fine as long as I don't reprint any material contained in the playtest packet.

So in my spare time I put together an adventure I'm calling Rats in the Sewer.

It's meant to be the the first in a trilogy, so if people enjoy it I'll write up the other two.

(Also note that while I run a small publishing company, I treated this more like a fan product, so it doesn't have any fancy formatting or art.)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7,991
Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for:

-creating this pdf
-asking for permission first

And thanks to wotc for giving the permission.

Wizards is showing us, that they are listening to feedback and are generally relaxed about the playtest.
I like it. I just hope the next iteration will come soon.

Big Mac

Explorer
I know a lot of people are completing Caves of Chaos, so I figured I'd check with WotC and see if it was okay to release a free adventure meant to be used with the playtest. The response I got was that it's fine as long as I don't reprint any material contained in the playtest packet.

It's meant to be the the first in a trilogy, so if people enjoy it I'll write up the other two.

(Also note that while I run a small publishing company, I treated this more like a fan product, so it doesn't have any fancy formatting or art.)

Thanks for the freebie. :cool:

I just wanted to let you know that a thread about your adventure (called D&D Next/Rats in the Sewer) has been posted in the Freeport forum over at The Piazza by someone called Nate Christen. Nate thinks your adventure would work very well for Freeport.

john112364

First Post

I really hope that 5e has some sort of OGL, just so we can get this sort of quality adventures. Looks good.
I guess now I'll have to check out Sneak Attack Press. ;)

john112364

First Post
Just an FYI:

I ran this for my group last week. (My first time running a game in about two years! :D ). It was a blast. Unfortunately I only had two players (and one was leaving the area the next week, so we decided to play it anyway).

Thanks to some good rolls and role playing on the players part, they actually made it through the adventure with a minimum of combat outside of a few random encounters. Until the final fight, neither the fighter or the warlock (the two characters) were seriously injured. I had to modify the number of foes to account for just two players, but I thought it went well. And even though the warlock fell in the final battle, the fighter actually killed the boss at the end before going down himself.

Overall, I thought the adventure was good for play testing because it touched on all three pillars of play. We all agreed that the final fight would have been different with more players, but that is the way it goes. It's not an overly complicated adventure, but for a fan style adventure it worked as advertised: a good play test adventure.
And the next one looks a little more complicated involving lots of potential for either role playing or combat depending on how the players decide to go. I'm looking forward to it.

Stay tuned......

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
We're through 1 and half way through 2 (see my story hours, I'll probably update tomorrow). So we need part 3 soon :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases